Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP77

In fairness, everyone has pretty much dismissed it.

They're only doing that because of what happened yesterday with Thiago. No doubt that deep down they're doing ring a ring a roses and the Carlton Banks dance in belief it's happening.

Let's be honest though, if by some madness it did happen, it'd be an immense signing.

RedRover

Complete sweaty arsed desperation. As if they would fecking sell him for less than they paid, and right after losing Thiago.

Maybe if we started moving to some realistic targets and sharpish. Or tell Paul to nip down to JJB Sports and get kitted out.
Why is he not a realistic target? Hasnt set the world alight in Spain and if he comes back to the PL he's opnly going to one of a handful of clubs. Fair play to the club if they have made a bid. He's a top player and you dont get if you dont ask. An opening offer from a club lets them know wehre the stand - it may be a flat no, or it may result in a more realistic figure being put forward.

Seems you think the club should lower their sights. I couldnt disagree more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Everyone seems to be reporting it. Why is it so open? Our bids are never so public. First Baines, now this.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
No logic to this one. If true then its either a smokescreen to the fans, or to competition for other transfer targets.

Comsmit

You are a bundle of joy.
Thats what happens when your sat in a baking office looking like a wax sculpture, imagining United bumbling around the transfer market like a short-arsed kid who can't quite reach the really good toys on the top shelf.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Everyone seems to be reporting it. Why is it so open? Our bids are never so public. First Baines, now this.

The Baines one was leaked by Everton.

I suppose this is done to appease the fans or in other words "doing an Arsenal".

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Even if the bid were true, Arsenal have first-refusal on Fabregas at £25m.

binary bot
We're prepared to spend a lot of money for a midfielder!!! Although I think this one is dead in the water...Fabregas seems quite happy and Barcelona just lost a midfielder.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
The Baines one was leaked by Everton.

I suppose this is done to appease the fans or in other words "doing an Arsenal".
Yeah, hope this is the only thing we replicate from arsenal this season...

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
would united really make a bid without some sort of behind the scenes discussions etc with Barca and Fabregas beforehand?
That's exactly what I'm saying, since when do we go and put in bids without us thinking there's a chance it could happen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why is it useless? When you buy a house you don't open with your maximum bid.
First of all, they just lost Thiago, and Fabregas was one of the main reasons for that. Secondly, Fabregas has already stated a few times that he doesn't want to leave Barca and is perfectly happy there. Arsenal also has first option for him, and according to reports would only have to pay half as much as we do for him (although I'm not sure how true this is). Doubt Cesc would want to come to United over Arsenal, but then again, we managed to get Van Persie last year so who knows.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I cant believe people are back in full on Muppet mode after Thaigo.

This isnt happening. Barca aint going to lose a second CM in the one summer.

Crustanoid

I'm happy to make Fabregas my new five-knuckle shuffle material....for a time. Would help ease the pain of the Thiago spurning incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.