Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Physio

I don't post much anymore but I will say this. Anyone who thinks any of the following are incorrect:

- Sky would make it up completely

- United would make a bid without Fabregas being interested. They would have first contacted Fabregas directly or through his agent to see if he was interested

- United would make a bid that had become public knowledge without some encouragement from Barcelona.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fabregas on Jun 13th 2013 said:
"I've always said that I'm happy at Barca. Whoever says that I'm leaving doesn't know me and has never spoken with me, nor with my agent, because he knows that I don't want him to talk with other people about me. I'm very private and I don't even talk about these things with my family. If someone says anything that isn't that I want to play at Barca, it's completely absurd,"

Even if we had a bid for whatever amount accepted, and threw a load of money at him, it still wouldn't happen. It's just paper talk, forget it and move on.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't post much anymore but I will say this. Anyone who thinks any of the following are incorrect:

- United would make a bid without Fabregas being interested. They would have first contacted Fabregas directly or through his agent to see if he was interested

- United would make a bid that had become public knowledge without some encouragement from Barcelona.
Please, do go on....

Stickles

I see what you're saying. Maybe the reason we went off Thiago is because we were getting signals that Fabregas may have been more open about the possibility of a move than his public statements to date have indicated.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

So you are saying FabregON?

SATA

Probably won't ever happen, but if say both clubs can work out a deal which involves a player swap of Fabregas coming to us and Rooney going the other way, would you lot take it? No money involved, just a direct player swap

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Lets say miraculously we do get Cesc for £35m. Wouldn't it have been wiser to spend almost £15m less and get a player who has similar or maybe even better potential than Fabregas?

Stickles

Probably won't ever happen, but if say both clubs can work out a deal which involves a player swap of Fabregas coming to us and Rooney going the other way, would you lot take it? No money involved, just a direct player swap
No. But swap deals happen next to never anyway.

NinjaFletch

Well there you go you've settled on the reason straight off the bat.

They do this frequently because it makes people watch the channel when nothing is happening (=better viewing figures and ad deals) and so people stick money on it on SkyBet.

Stickles

Lets say miraculously we do get Cesc for £35m. Wouldn't it have been wiser to spend almost £15m less and get a player who has similar or maybe even better potential than Fabregas?
No. Well. Maybe.

But potential is just that. Fabregas is only just 26 and is proven at the top level and in his division too.

Brightonian

Definitely won't happen, not probably. Fabregas clearly doesn't want to go anywhere, and Barca clearly don't want him to. Especially now Thiago has gone.

But in the purely hypothetical scenario... yes. Unlike most on here I still think Rooney is massive for us and want him to stay. But there are maybe three or four CMs in the world that I would swap him for, and Fabregas is one of them.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well there you go you've settled on the reason straight off the bat.

They do this frequently because it makes people watch the channel when nothing is happening (=better viewing figures and ad deals) and so people stick money on it on SkyBet.

Bingo.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Seems like we may really ha e bid for him, but are simply wasting our time.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
No chance this will happen. Fabregas has made it perfectly clear he wants to stay at Barca - and I don't think offering him a better wage would get him here.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It may have been wiser, but that's irrelevant it it wasn't possible.

Brophs

The One and Only
Are we just going to work our way through the Barca squad until we finally find a player that wants to join us?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Custis, Ballague and Sky all seem to be reporting the same thing.

Brightonian

Arguably. But it would be like winning a big lottery jackpot and wishing you'd bought tickets for an earlier, bigger one instead.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

Sky wouldn't have to make it up completely. Another source would, this would end up somewhere else and Sky would report it. They have done in the past on hoaxes or complete non information.

Leeds did it with Denis Irwin. There was no indication at all he wanted to leave...in fact he didn't want to leave. Madrid have done it with Vidic...etc etc the list could go on.

We have had several bids for players in the past we have not welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.