Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Sky wouldn't have to make it up completely. Another source would, this would end up somewhere else and Sky would report it. They have done in the past on hoaxes or complete non information.

Leeds did it with Denis Irwin. There was no indication at all he wanted to leave...in fact he didn't want to leave. Madrid have done it with Vidic...etc etc the list could go on.

We have had several bids for players in the past we have not welcomed.
Hopefully Garay is one of that fecking lot.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Silly... Barca will now think they have our collective testes in the proverbial vice now .. looks desperate if its true.

The Physio

Sky wouldn't have to make it up completely. Another source would, this would end up somewhere else and Sky would report it. They have done in the past on hoaxes or complete non information.

Leeds did it with Denis Irwin. There was no indication at all he wanted to leave...in fact he didn't want to leave. Madrid have done it with Vidic...etc etc the list could go on.

We have had several bids for players in the past we have not welcomed.
I don't think too many stories get made up completely. When you see the embarrassment over the Qatari dream league story you'd think that it's unlikely.

Also what makes you think Vidic was never likely to leave? I think United have been hawking him around, quite possibly this summer...

Vasey20|13

Balague's tweet killed the deal initially....but now more and more 'proper' journo's are reporting it. Still, even if we have submitted the bid, can't see this one ever materialising.

Thiago will be better than Fabregas in 3/4 years i think....having said that, Fabregas and RVP were the only hungry players and non-bottle-jobs from the Arsenal of the past 6 years, and Fabregas was dictating games at 22. Think it would be a very very good buy for us but i don't think it's ever gonna happen unless Barca have some massive re-jig going on and want to get rid. Even if they do i think he'd rather go back to Arsenal first.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Please no, don't do this to us. Us muppets are in a weak position already. We'll make a bid, Barca will accept it reluctantly, Fabregas will eventually say yes, then Barca will pull out, and Fabregas will too.

Comsmit

Complete sweaty arsed desperation. As if they would fecking sell him for less than they paid, and right after losing Thiago.

Maybe if we started moving to some realistic targets and sharpish. Or tell Paul to nip down to JJB Sports and get kitted out.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Complete sweaty arsed desperation. As if they would fecking sell him for less than they paid, and right after losing Thiago.

Maybe if we started moving to some realistic targets and sharpish. Or tell Paul to nip down to JJB Sports and get kitted out.

You are a bundle of joy.

NinjaFletch

Oh, feck it. I'm already refreshing this page every minute.

Can some Journo just confirm what we all know and say it's bollocks and end the 1% hope I have of this happening?

Brophs

The One and Only

Both Custis and Ogden are Manc-based journalists who have, I assume, contacts within the club.

JP77

3 pages in 30 minutes, you're all gonna go on a mad one again aren't you? :lol:

On an actual serious note, while the bid may very well be true for all I know, I don't believe for one minute we'll be signing him. Barcelona would have to be mental to be selling Thiago and Fabregas in the same window unless they've got two genuine talents lined up to come in. And after what Fabregas himself said, yeah, time to avoid this thread that's about to explode with muppetry.

RonaldoVII

Ogden broke the Fergie retirement story so this has backing. Actually signing him was unlikely a month back and even less so now that Thiago has already left their midfield.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Both Custis and Ogden are Manc-based journalists who have, I assume, contacts within the club.

McDonnell, the Manc-based journo for Mirror said the same thing.

Anduin

Every journalist is running with the story about the bid, even Ogden who does seem to have decent contacts within the game. Sounds like a leak to me, maybe the club leaked the bid in order to show they are actually doing something in the market? Can't see us having a chance, Fabregas will reject us and Barcelona won't sell.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
fecking hell, we've actually put in a bid for a midfielder? Seriously? I mean, we've actually put in an actual bid for a world class midfielder?

This is fecking crazy, seriously crazy. I don't for one second think we would sign him though, firstly can't see Barca willing to sell and I can't see Fabregas wanting to leave.

Having said that, would we really be going out putting a bid if we didn't think he would be available?

kiristao

He would be really good... dont see it happening though. Modric looks more a possibility than Cesc.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Already refreshing this thread every minute at work. feck sake. I don't know if I can love again after Thiago, but its Fabregas!:drool:

Not gonna happen though.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
30 million euros? It'll take 40 million pounds plus Barca telling Fabregas to feck off for this to have a remote chance to succeed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
At least we made a bid I guess, even though it is useless in my opinion. Shows we are willing to do something to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.