Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Barca are after Denis Suarez, the young Spanish attacking midfielder on City's books. Replacement?

I do still think Barca need the money for a centre back and Suarez would be a cheap midfield replacement at €4m. I think they just possibly want Fabregas to request a move to save face with fans but also want the most out of us in terms of fee.

Whatever is going on we need it done soon. We must get to other targets if this isn't going to happen.

Other targets who will clearly know by now they are our second choice to fabregas. Terrible situation we are in

:lol:
How do we know Cesc, privately, doesn't want to move? It strikes me that United fans, myself included, have become some of the most cynical and disbelieving football followers around. It's as though multiple transfer disappointments has finally sent us over the edge, and Fergie retiring was the final shove.

The noticeable trend this summer has been for transfer stories positive in our favour to be dismissed and ridiculed, whilst negative stories, despite being no more or less plausible, are treated with more credence.

You can distill each Caftard's current psyche into one idea: "I don't want to say it'll happen, just in case I jinx it."
Just said at his press conference that he's not sure we'll make another bid.

Beginning to look like an epic waste of time.

That descended rather rapidly.

We will bid again, but it will probably be the last time. Moyes doesn't want top give the impression that we will just spunk money away just cause barca keep saying no. I think what he has said in the press conference will give barca the impression that if we do bid again, then it will be our last!

Maybe to test Barca's resolve? How much is Cesc really worth to them?

Or to for Cesc make his move.

Perhaps. Not going to lie, I'm finding our press briefings this summer very annoying. I think I preferred the old style, "we'll tell you when there's something to know."

I'd say that's that then.

Yay, we wasted two weeks on an unattainable target.

This has been utterly strange from the start. Not sure what we were even thinking. I hope it won't come down to deadline day panic buying, a la Arséne Wenger and André Santos.

Other targets who will clearly know by now they are our second choice to fabregas. Terrible situation we are in
Yes, absolutely awful. Who in their right mind would want to be paid millions for playing for United?

fecking drama queens.

Perhaps. Not going to lie, I'm finding our press briefings this summer very annoying. I think I preferred the old style, "we'll tell you when there's something to know."

But we then get the standard 'no value' response post-failure.

I'm staring to get confident that this deal will happen. I just don't feel we would be so publicly open about this if we wasn't sure he would come and barca would sell.

But we then get the standard 'no value' response post-failure.

"Happy with what we have."

We have signed 2 central midfielders in 9 years, and one was a perma-crock. Irrespective of how difficult it is to but a central midfielder, someone hasn't been doing their job right.

"Happy with what we have."

We have signed 2 central midfielders in 9 years, and one was a perma-crock. Irrespective of how difficult it is to but a central midfielder, someone hasn't been doing their job right.

To be fair, the three CMs we signed before that were fecking shite and Verón wasn't a roaring success either. Fergie might have thought "oh feck it, I'll stick to what I'm good at". It's now becoming a club tradition; the next CM will have to come from the youth academy otherwise we'll end up playing 5-0-5 before long.

Sign Fellaini- OMG Can't believe we're signing him.

Try to sign Fabregas- OMG, can't believe the club wasted so much time on an unattainable target.

Not sure how the club can win. All the other quality midfielders(Vidal, Gundogan) etc are unattainable. Shouldn't the club try for them or would you be happy if club signed Fellaini, Cabaye etc without looking into better alternatives. Bunch of drama queens.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Not sure this changes anything..

He said the right thing, he can't confirm whether we will bid again. I'm sure he will, but there's a little more weight to it. It's not a case of 'we want Fab, he's our man, we will pay whatever to get him!' it's a more conservative approach where we won't be willing to spend stupid money.

One more bid I imagine.. If it doesn't happen, I imagine we will move on.

Reactions: golden_blunder
It makes me want Fabregas even more...

Make me laugh when Arsenal fans are laughing at our transfer business.

They finished in 4th, just one point ahead of Spurs who've improved.

Their former two targets of Higuain, Jovetic have already gone somewhere else. Bernard is going to Porto. They don't look like getting Luis Suarez. But it's not worrying as it looks like one of their former or current player won't be coming to Manchester this season. It's a trophy.

Somehow can't quote without the cursor going ballistic...

How was I acting like a 'fecking cock'?

Try to sign Fabregas- OMG, can't believe the club wasted so much time on an unattainable target.

Not sure how the club can win. All the other quality midfielders(Vidal, Gundogan) etc are unattainable. Shouldn't the club try for them or would you be happy if club signed Fellaini, Cabaye etc without looking into better alternatives. Bunch of drama queens.

We could have gone for Vidal when he went to Juve. We've been appalling at spotting up and coming talents in central midfield. There's absolutely no defending the club - and I'm not saying it's Moyes' fault. I can't believe how poorly the club have managed this situation over the last decade.

We could have gone for Vidal when he went to Juve. We've been appalling at spotting up and coming talents in central midfield. There's absolutely no defending the club - and I'm not saying it's Moyes' fault. I can't believe how poorly the club have managed this situation over the last decade.

I'm talking about this season only.

The previous seasons doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Well it's definitely not Moyes fault, seeing as he's going for probably the best midfielder we could get, and I doubt the bids we're putting in are his idea. Clearly he'd go "just pay whatever it takes, I want him" but we're not a Real or a Monaco who can just pick a player and pay a massive amount that a club simply cannot refuse.

I do agree to an extent though that to leave the midfield in the situation it's in right now with a new manager was quite an oversight by the board, and our midfield-hating ex-Manager.

We could have gone for Vidal when he went to Juve. We've been appalling at spotting up and coming talents in central midfield. There's absolutely no defending the club - and I'm not saying it's Moyes' fault. I can't believe how poorly the club have managed this situation over the last decade.[/quote]

You hear comments like this a lot, look at the fecking trophy cabinet in that period. Our current midfield cant be too bad. I do agree we need to make a move this season but ultimately saying that makes you sound rather spoilt.

I'm talking about this season only.

The previous seasons doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Eh?

Surely the reason we find ourselves in this position is because of the state of disrepair our midfield has fallen into. It'd be nice to be bidding for Cesc with other good and established options - that way, we could take it or leave it. Instead, it's 02:55, they're chucking the dregs out of the club, and we're desperate to take any whale home to bed.

I feel sorry for Moyes, as he's inherited a shit situation when it comes to midfield.

The club CAN win. Bidding for Modric, for example, wouldn't be strange. And I'm sure there are other names, it doesn't have to be "world class superstar or Marouane fecking Fellaini". It's just that Fábregas transfer always looked utterly impossible; they made a huge effort to get him back from Arsenal and are unlikely to give up on that "project", especially as Thiago has just left the club and Xavi turns 34 in January. If Fábregas wasn't Catalan I might see him kicking up a fuss because he's disappointed in his Barcelona adventure... but that's a pointless train of thought cause he is a Catalan. Even Gündogan might have been a more realistic target...

So, in short, the club can win by signing a very good central midfielder. Or two, preferably. Fellaini isn't a very good CM though.

You hear comments like this a lot, look at the fecking trophy cabinet in that period. Our current midfield cant be too bad. I do agree we need to make a move this season but ultimately saying that makes you sound rather spoilt.

You hear comments like that a lot too. Our midfield has clearly been lacking in contrast to other areas of our squad in these last few years, whilst FM's above is an overreaction to it, it's very odd that it's come to this stage with it and we've literally not signed a midfielder in six years.

I expect Moyes and Woodward will quietly resign when the team returns from the tour. Doubt they'll ever work in football again.

Well it's definitely not Moyes fault, seeing as he's going for probably the best midfielder we could get, and I doubt the bids we're putting in are his idea. Clearly he'd go "just pay whatever it takes, I want him" but we're not a Real or a Monaco who can just pick a player and pay a massive amount that a club simply cannot refuse.

I do agree to an extent though that to leave the midfield in the situation it's in right now with a new manager was quite an oversight by the board, and our midfield-hating ex-Manager.

Yep, it was poor succession planning. As Fergie said though, his retirement plans happened relatively quickly, so it's not as though the club had a chance to rectify the situation in regard to the midfield.

The fault lies in the abysmal management of the situation going back a decade.

It's ironic in a way because it's only Fergie's genius that kept us so successful - other managers wouldn't have achieved the same with that midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.