Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is a strange one.

United have clearly prioritised Fabregas as a target. Yet, all the signs point to this being a complete no go. Really strange.

Wish we'd listened sooner. Can you put the Equalizer right next time he goes on one of these futile jollies?

Don't worry folks, we're in safe hands.

The outcome is quite obvious isnt it. I don't mind us trying to sign him though, but the way some muppets here thought we have a genuine chance since we have made it a public in our bid is cringeworthy.

The outcome is quite obvious isnt it. I don't mind us trying to sign him though, but the way some muppets here thought we have a genuine chance since we have made it a public in our bid is cringeworthy.

Real did the same with Henry, Fabregas, Viera and who have you. Was it cringeworthy too?

I can't help but think there's legs in this one yet. I can't see why we'd be continuing to bid if we weren't hearing something different in private to what is being reported publicly.

I can't help but think there's legs in this one yet. I can't see why we'd be continuing to bid if we weren't hearing something different in private to what is being reported publicly.

Whether its Fabregas' intention or just his agent doesn't matter, I don't believe for a sec that Barca would sell, and I don't think Fabregas will go that far to push the deal hard enough to request for a transfer either, assuming he is considering his option.

Whether its Fabregas' intention or just his agent doesn't matter, I don't believe for a sec that Barca would sell, and I don't think Fabregas will go that far to push the deal hard enough to request for a transfer either, assuming he is considering his option.
I think Barca would sell, and Fabregas would move, but neither wants to bite first and be seen to push the move. Barca will want him to request a move and give up any loyalty payments due, Fabregas probably won't want to. I think there's a game of brinkmanship going on between them, and it will depend on whether we decide to make up the difference to either party.

That's just my opinion on what's been happening, mind. I obviously have no knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes, and so won't speak in definites. It's just a guess.

I think Barca would sell, and Fabregas would move, but neither wants to bite first and be seen to push the move. Barca will want him to request a move and give up any loyalty payments due, Fabregas probably won't want to. I think there's a game of brinkmanship going on between them, and it will depend on whether we decide to make up the difference to either party.

That's just my opinion on what's been happening, mind. I obviously have no knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes, and so won't speak in definites. It's just a guess.

Not going to happen this summer, unless Barca has already got a ready made replacement, and we've made a bid no one could refuse. They just loss one of their best young midfielder this summer and they are not going to sell another one. No manager with a sensical mind would allow this to happen, hence their recent public rejection regarding our bid.

It's like a failed lover still pursuing his chick. We have bid thrice(?) now and have been rejected from all sides, and we are still in it.

:(

The way I see it, we know Barca wouldn't sell but we also learn it from Fabregas' agent that he is open to option. Any half chance or less our board would try, but to make this happen we have to make a public announcement, in contrast to what we have usually done in the past. The reason behind this strange move, is to convince Fabregas that we are very serious in getting him, in hope that he may force a move himself to make this happen.

But all this while Fabregas remains quiet suggest that he won't go that far, which is not hard to understand why, hence no chance the move could happen at all.

Not going to happen this summer, unless Barca has already got a ready made replacement, and we've made a bid no one could refuse. They just loss one of their best young midfielder this summer and they are not going to sell another one. No manager with a sensical mind would allow this to happen, hence their recent public rejection regarding our bid.
I gave an opinion on what I think, and not a definite. Stop speaking in definites when you know feck all.

This really is a strange one.

United have clearly prioritised Fabregas as a target. Yet, all the signs point to this being a complete no go. Really strange.

I think that's why so many people on here thought we were a chance with him. The fact that we did throw a couple of increased bids in, people were thinking we must be a chance right? Unfortunately it looks like will definitely not be selling. But I don't think its been a waste of time. We tried to strengthen one of the areas we're short in with one of the best midfielders going around in world football. At least we know now that we tried and that he isn't leaving. Shame because I think with enough money we could land him. I'd personally be quite happy if we signed Fellaini and/or Cabaye, they're not Fabregas quality but they'd help shoulder the load with Carrick.

I gave an opinion on what I think, and not a definite. Stop speaking in definites when you know feck all.
That doesn't make any sense, sure we all just give our opinion without stating the obvious, you don't have to back off that far.

This works out well for Cesc...puts him in a stronger position at Barca.

Its just hilarious as a transfer saga though. This last page has been quite funny.

Despite what Barca say every player has a price, whether that price is under £50m, who knows

No, let him carry on, its hilarious :lol:

Its like watching the little weedy kid at school who'd always follow the smart popular ones around, pretending to be there best mate. When I read a Glaston post, I imagine him as Mclovin.

He ain't no fecking Mclovin, he wishes.

Nearly 8k posts.. seems almost desperate. It will make no sense for Barca to sell Fabregas now that they've sold Thiago and with Xavi getting on.

He never wanted to leave Barca, Barca never wanted to sell him, and here we are watching a club still thinking it has a chance of getting him.

No plan B, then.

Has the transfer window shut?

It does seem that the only ways that this will happen are either if

a) Fabregas kicks up a massive fuss about going or
b) We submit a stupidly high bid that they can't refuse.

With Thiago gone If Barca sell him they've only got Xavi and Iniesta for the central midfield positions - Song and Buquets play the midfield anchor/transitional third centre back role and not as central midfielders (neither started any La Liga game in central midfield last season).

I'm not saying I'm against it or that we're wasting our time but basically short of Fabregas making his position there untenable we'd need to give them the money to go out and buy two replacement central midfielders, which I don't think we would and I wouldn't want us to do.

It's probably his agent using us to strengthen Fabregas' position at Barcelona, leaving us looking a bit daft in the process. Not that I care much about our image in the transfer market. Wasting time is far more annoying than anything else. Hopefully we have some other targets. Reasonable ones.

It does seem that the only ways that this will happen are either if

a) Fabregas kicks up a massive fuss about going or
b) We submit a stupidly high bid that they can't refuse.

With Thiago gone If Barca sell him they've only got Xavi and Iniesta for the central midfield positions - Song and Buquets play the midfield anchor/transitional third centre back role and not as central midfielders (neither started any La Liga game in central midfield last season).

I'm not saying I'm against it we're wasting our time but basically short of Fabregas making his position there untenable we'd need to give them the money to go out and buy two replacement central midfielders, which I don't think we would and I wouldn't want us to do.

If they get a proper center back, they can move Mascherano up to midfield too. But he's also a defensive midfielder. We don't yet know how the new coach will use his midfield options either. One thing though is that Cesc will have more limited playing time as "false 9" when they have Neymar in the team now also. I believe that the only option for Cesc will be in place of Iniesta or Xavi, when they are injured (or in Iniesta's case if he's moved up to left wing / forward)

If they get a proper center back, they can move Mascherano up to midfield too.

They tried him there for most of his first season and he was disastrous. I don't think he's got the passing skills to play even as the defensive midfielder/transitional centre back in the Barca system we've seen in the last few years - you don't need a massive range of passing to play there but you need more passing awareness and intelligence than he's shown.

We don't yet know how the new coach will use his midfield options either. One thing though is that Cesc will have more limited playing time as "false 9" when they have Neymar in the team now also. I believe that the only option for Cesc will be in place of Iniesta or Xavi, when they are injured (or in Iniesta's case if he's moved up to left wing / forward)

That is actually a very good point, especially seeing as they're not promoting from within like the last few times.

That is actually a very good point, especially seeing as they're not promoting from within like the last few times.

Neymar - Pedro

Iniesta - Song - Fabregas - Messi

Alba - Piqué - Puyol - Alves

De Gea

Status
Not open for further replies.