Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ones embarrassed by trying to sign him. Any embarrassment is from trying to sign him so publicly when it appears he has no intention to join us.

Well frankly any other world class midfielders we've gone in hard to buy in the last few years have been done extremely quietly, because I don't know about them. And everybody gave the club / manager enough grief for that.

Anyone else get the feeling we're just walking around the playground having our pants pulled down by all the other kids?

Has he said so? Did you hear if from his mouth? Nothing is embarrassing except for people on hear who all seem to work for our board.

I though most of us muppets wanted United to adopt this new gung-ho Madrid attitude.

I would rather we stuck to Fergie's approach.

Let's just put in a bid for Jesus. Seems in line with the attainability of our other targets.

God: Rejects advance. Doesn't believe in physical wealth.

United: Ups bid.

what are they saying? I assume they think he ll ends up at Arsenal

They're just saying that what Barcelona are saying in public isn't what's going on behind the scenes.

At the end of the day, Arsenal have a clause. No-one really knows for certain what it entails, but United have to hurdle that as well as Barcelona.

What exactly is embarrassing about it?

Well if he does not want to leave, then it just seem like blind bidding. I am sure however in this day and age, we would have been given incentive to bid, however still would rather we did it privately. If we dont get him and Barca say we bidded, then its upto us to respond or not.

I think he is very obtainable but it would need a huge bid. The only way Arsenal could highjack any deal would be if they matched the bid, which of course they wouldn't.

The chairman of the AST(Arsenal Supporters Trust) reckons United are 'well in for Fabregas' despite what Barcelona are saying, as an example. The most reliable one we have(who got his account shut down by Arsenal last year because he kept leaking stuff) said that Cesc is being monitored by Arsenal closely but isn't the priority right now, whilst United are also confident of convincing them to sell.

The chairman of the AST(Arsenal Supporters Trust) reckons United are 'well in for Fabregas' despite what Barcelona are saying, as an example. The most reliable one we have(who got his account shut down by Arsenal last year because he kept leaking stuff) said that Cesc is being monitored by Arsenal closely but isn't the priority right now, whilst United are also confident of convincing them to sell.

At this rate you ll soon be proposed for Sainthood over here :)

I think he is very obtainable but it would need a huge bid. The only way Arsenal could highjack any deal would be if they matched the bid, which of course they wouldn't.

No, they wouldn't. They have probably offered 30M and for Barca to make 30M they need 60M off us. They are probably involved in active bidding to NOT get a player again, only this time to make money for themselves that they can then hand back to us for Rooney (or Liverpool for Suárez).

As said, Arsenal sagas never end well. Either there's no transfer or there is one but they get nothing out of it through some weird manoeuvre. If the latter is on I'm all up for it, even if then we get Song showing up for training.

Every time Barca say something like "he isn't for sale", I die a little inside and think, 'I was stupid for ever thinking it would happen'. Then I return to this thread, read a few dodgy ITK stories and I'm back to believing. I now genuinely think there's more to this than we're seeing.

We still didn't get a midfielder though. All Fergie's tactic done was convince us we were never interested in players.

And we still might not get one now, i dont really understand the point? Is bidding publicly in hope to unsettle players? Maybe we should open up our very own marca?

Trouble is these days with footballers is that they're precious little darlings , if this does not come off and we want to look at someone else instead, it is now clear that anyone else is second choice. That could count against United and we could end up with no decent player coming in.

Trouble is these days with footballers is that they're precious little darlings , if this does not come off and we want to look at someone else instead, it is now clear that anyone else is second choice. That could count against United and we could end up with no decent player coming in.

Money will soothe all worries

Oh feck off Al, why do you do this to us?

Pete's actually more humane: he's been telling us this is a dead end since the start. Meanwhile, you try to raise our hopes when we're at the lowest ebb, only to joyously drink up our tears when it all crumbles to dust.

Pete's actually more humane: he's been telling us this is a dead end since the start. Meanwhile, you try to raise our hopes when we're at the lowest ebb, only to joyously drink up our tears when it all crumbles to dust.

Where did my alistair picture with his big fish go?

Soap opera haters should skip to the next post.

I hesitate to do this, because in many ways I'd sooner see everyone give up on this deal and then be pleasantly surprised if something changes. However, there is just one tiny shred of a possibility (that isn't just being used by Cesc's agent) that might explain the lateness of United's offer and it relates to the Confederations Cup.

A story came up in the Spanish press during the cup, saying that Xavi had spoken to the team bosses "as usual" about who should be playing. Del Bosque played it down of course. Xavi said that he might have mentioned tactics and formations, but he'd never try to tell a coach which players he wanted to see in/out of the team.

Everyone kind of assumed he was talking about Martinez and not needing someone in the Alonso role, but what if he was talking about Fabregas? And not in a good way? And Faberegas knows? At least that's what my Real Madrid supporting mate thinks - but then he would think that, because anything that might be bad for Barcelona, he supports. Interesting idea though.

Told about Martino’s comments minutes after United’s 2-2 draw with Cerezo Osaka here yesterday, United manager Moyes said: ‘We will look at what’s been said and we will consider what to do. We will consider our options.’

Storey is that tight, he wouldn't give you the steam off his piss. At least Al is will to share what he knows (or makes up). ;)

Told about Martino’s comments minutes after United’s 2-2 draw with Cerezo Osaka here yesterday, United manager Moyes said: ‘We will look at what’s been said and we will consider what to do. We will consider our options.’

He's getting the hang of this diplomacy lark isn't he?

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
Come down from your fences, open the gate
It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you
You better let Fellaini love you, before it's too late

Status
Not open for further replies.