Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point do we move on? That's what I'd like to know. It's as if United have seen the criticism after Thiago that they aren't forceful enough in getting business done and have decided they'll just harass Barca into selling Cesc :lol:

That Arsenal clause reeks of protracted saga and we look miles from making a breakthrough from where I am. But I guess those best placed to make the call are those involved in negotiations. I'll judge them on their results by the end of the transfer window, not on what may or may not have happened with Thiago, etc.

Quite normal...probably not with a grossly misleading headline like that always (you're right it's probably a Arsenal supporter typing that out for giggles).

If you look at the state of the transfer forum you'll see just how hungry people are for tidbits of info..they'd believe anything. It's probably why you have posters believing it doesn't make a difference that the new manager and VP of the club have categorically refused to sanction any bids.

Help me understand the objection.

Hasn't it been opined here many times that our bids for Fabregas can't be serious in light of what we know publicly?

I'm not saying I buy into the smokescreen theory...I'm only suggesting we can't rule it out. On the face of things, it makes no sense to submit bids for a player whom the club neither wants to sell nor the player wants to leave. It would be like Chelsea bidding for Vidic.

But the folks who run United are not senseless fools, so there must be a reason for these seemingly senseless bids. Either Fabregas really is up for sale OR there is strategic value is submitting bids we know will be rejected. The strategic value is submitting bids that have no hope of being accepted could be to unsettle Barcelona, but I'm not sure how that makes any sense. Why would we care about Barcelona right now? Or to unsettle Fabregas and see if perhaps we can pry him loose despite the seeming long odds, which makes some sense but also carries risk. Or it could be something else. Any theories on what that something else might be?

This is what you posted:
Or, and I hate to think this, our bids are being staged for the masses in the full knowledge we're in for Fellaini, full stop.
When has this type of thing happened before?
A club our size bidding on a player, with no intention of getting them?

I believe Fellaini has a buy-out clause(though I don't know this as fact), so would we not just pay that? Am I missing something that means we have suddenly gone all scooby-doo in our transfer strategy?

My guess is that we bid because we want him, and have had enough encouragement to stay in the game. That is plausible.
What you suggest requires a suspension of disbelief or psychodelic drugs.

Yeah I think I've given up on this one. I know managers/directors won't say "YEAH HE'S FOR SALE, IF UNITED ADD ANOTHER £5MILLION HE'S THEIRS"; but the other guy (not the new manager) seems pretty certain that Fabregas ain't for sale.

Only way this will happen is if Fabregas will kick up a fuss to leave, which I doubt it.

Not sure how trusted Miguel Delaney is but I've seen his comments posted a few times on here so...
One thing is certain, and it is not even Barcelona’s apparently unequivocal stance on the issue: Manchester United have not yet given up in their pursuit of Cesc Fabregas. The saga is likely to go on.
In the hours after new Barca manager Gerardo Martino insisted the midfielder was not for sale, one high-ranking Old Trafford employee stated: “I know it doesn’t sound good but we still believe it can happen.”

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/Cesc-United.aspx

Depends a lot on who is the "one high ranking old Trafford employee"
....our Ed perhaps?

It seems to me that it must be down to Fabregas, if the idea of going to Utd has taken root then it could well happen, if on the other hand all he wanted was reassurance then utd will have to look elsewhere. I can't believe that there is nothing at all in it, otherwise he himself would have blown it out of the water by now.

Not sure how trusted Miguel Delaney is but I've seen his comments posted a few times on here so...

One thing is certain, and it is not even Barcelona’s apparently unequivocal stance on the issue: Manchester United have not yet given up in their pursuit of Cesc Fabregas. The saga is likely to go on.
In the hours after new Barca manager Gerardo Martino insisted the midfielder was not for sale, one high-ranking Old Trafford employee stated: “I know it doesn’t sound good but we still believe it can happen.”

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/Cesc-United.aspx

Personally I would have quoted that article like this:
Fabregas’s camp have been in repeated contact with Old Trafford since at least mid-May and virtually all of those discussions have been positive.

For all that Barca publicly maintain the midfielder is not for sale, their private stance is understood to be more open.

Moyes is taking us for a ride by saying false news about Fabregas in every pre mtach conference,i guess his mantra won't work for long.We need reinforcements urgently in midfield and the only thing Moyes and co are just doing is just fooling fans around.

My Dad is good friends with a long-term season ticket holder. He's met pretty much everyone within United somehow before games. Either way, they were both having a chat today - and he's said that we shouldn't believe in the paper talk at all and that he's convinced that Fabregas is coming from chatting to someone.

I've never shared one of these before - but this guy isn't a WUM whatsoever. He's too old and wise for that kind of a life. I'm going to believe him. He's a good guy.

Take it with a pinch of salt if you want, but there's my reason to clutch on to the dream.

I'm on my ipad right now heading up to Lake Tahoe, but I'm looking at a tweet on my iPhone from @agent_patterson that claims "Fabregas will be officially announced within the very near future. Legal advisors see no problem with the deal."

For what it's worth...

Where there you have it folks, Agent BFA has given us reason to dream.

I'm on my ipad right now heading up to Lake Tahoe, but I'm looking at a tweet on my iPhone from @agent_patterson that claims "Fabregas will be officially announced within the very near future. Legal advisors see no problem with the deal."

For what it's worth...

Just checked it out, not worth a lot, you're better off listening to agent BFA.

Each time barc have said its off I have agreed and for half an hour I remain in agreement.

Then this thread continues and I begin to believe again... Just maybe you bunch of cnuts.... Just maybe!

This is what you posted:
When has this type of thing happened before?
A club our size bidding on a player, with no intention of getting them?

I believe Fellaini has a buy-out clause(though I don't know this as fact), so would we not just pay that? Am I missing something that means we have suddenly gone all scooby-doo in our transfer strategy?

My guess is that we bid because we want him, and have had enough encouragement to stay in the game. That is plausible.
What you suggest requires a suspension of disbelief or psychodelic drugs.

Our dilemma is that we read conflicting accounts of what's going on. We read bids have been submitted, but we also read that Fabregas is not for sale, full stop. Who knows what to make of the situation? It seems crazy to put in bids for a player who is not up for sale at any price. Since I believe United management are not crazy, United management must know something we don't about the availability of Fabregas.

We all have no choice but to ride this out and see what happens.

Just checked it out, not worth a lot, you're better off listening to agent BFA.

Gun to my head I as this ain't gonna happen. There is a number, no doubt, that Barcelona wouldn't refuse. But what is that number? 50m? 60m? 80m? How high will we go?

Our dilemma is that we read conflicting accounts of what's going on. We read bids have been submitted, but we also read that Fabregas is not for sale, full stop. Who knows what to make of the situation? It seems crazy to put in bids for a player who is not up for sale at any price. Since I believe United management are not crazy, United management must know something we don't about the availability of Fabregas.

We all have no choice but to ride this out and see what happens.
I agree.
That is why we can't jump to conclusions. Especially outlandish ones.

Josep Maria Bartomeu as said that he's not for sale at any price ,so what's with this giving them 40 mil.

Josep Maria Bartomeu as said that he's not for sale at any price ,so what's with this giving them 40 mil.

He said it twice now and yet the Caf still refuses to believe him for some reason.

Moyes and Woodward tried their luck, they failed, let's move on.

We have to cling onto the Barcelona denials just being standard negotiation tactics.
It seems very unlikely, but then the whole VP situation seemed no more likely last year.

The crux of that one was that VP and his people had made it very clear to us long before that he wanted in.

We have to hope Fabregas and co are doing the same behind the scenes.

You never quite know what's going on behind the scenes. Everyone seemed convinced Thiago was on way, when it now seems we were never overly interested!

He said it twice now and yet the Caf still refuses to believe him for some reason.

Moyes and Woodward tried their luck, they failed, let's move on.

Moyes keeps saying Rooney isn't for sale, believe him do you?

Moyes keeps saying Rooney isn't for sale, believe him do you?

Rooney might still force the issue because we know he wants to leave (unless you choose to not to believe Fergie). Fábregas, by all indications, doesn't want to leave Barcelona though he might have done so if the club accepted a bid for him. But that's not going to happen or so it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.