Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on my ipad right now heading up to Lake Tahoe, but I'm looking at a tweet on my iPhone from @agent_patterson that claims "Fabregas will be officially announced within the very near future. Legal advisors see no problem with the deal."

For what it's worth...

You'll have better odds at Harrahs. Nice weekend to be up there.

Gun to my head I as this ain't gonna happen. There is a number, no doubt, that Barcelona wouldn't refuse. But what is that number? 50m? 60m? 80m? How high will we go?

If the amounts reported thus far are accurate, I'd say surely not more than fifty. If we had reason to suspect they're holding out for a record free, I assume we would've launched a more substantial bid initially - if we had been interested at all with that knowledge, that is.

Fifty, I reckons. We shouldn't fork out more than that either. He's not Jebus.

If the amounts reported thus far are accurate, I'd say surely not more than fifty. If we had reason to suspect they're holding out for a record free, I assume we would've launched a more substantial bid initially - if we had been interested at all with that knowledge, that is.

Fifty, I reckons. We shouldn't fork out more than that either. He's not Jebus.

This isn't playing out too well is it? Unless Fabregas asks for a move, I think it's over and done with. Too bad really as he'd be a good fit here.

I agree, 50m is a scary amount of money to spend for a single player in such a critical position for the club. We'd be basically betting our season on him not getting injured.

Better than betting our season on Carrick not getting injured again.

Better than betting our season on Carrick not getting injured again.

We're still doing the latter even if, by some miracle, we do sign Fabregas. There's still nobody who can do Carrick's job in his absence and we haven't really been linked with anyone, either. Though Moyes did say he'd like a more defensive type of CM as well so here's hoping.

Honestly, if we want a Barca midfielder, we should try for Song instead of Fábregas. They might just let him go.

This is one of the weirdest transfer sagas our club has been involved in.

When is the last time we've made such open offers for a completely unobtainable player?

This isn't playing out too well is it? Unless Fabregas asks for a move, I think it's over and done with. Too bad really as he'd be a good fit here.

No, it doesn't look too promising. Unless we know FAR more than I think we do, this comes to down a price. And I think that price will prove too high. We'll see. I'm not too fussed about this, to be honest. He's a very good player who would no doubt improve us (he would improve our CM significantly, only a madman would deny that), but I don't think our future success depends on the pizza thrower. He isn't Jebus, as I said - nor is he Messi or Ronaldo.

I just hope we don't spend too much time and energy on this. We'll need to set our sights on someone else immediately if this one falls through.

This is one of the weirdest transfer sagas our club has been involved in.

When is the last time we've made such open offers for a completely unobtainable player?

Hargreaves? But he was desperate to come and we got him a year later so still not quite like this.

Cesc would be easily the best cm we've had since Scholes and Keane were at their peak, I think we'd be entirely justified in spending 50m on him. Would Barcelona be able to resist an offer that big? I doubt it. Only question is whether the club is willing to back their talk by making that kind of bid. I actually think they might.

We don't need a star midfielder. Alex Song would be good. Modric too. We need somebody though.

Can't wait to the season to just start and all of this transfer malarky to be put to rest...until January anyway.

We don't need a star midfielder. Alex Song would be good. Modric too. We need somebody though.

We need quality. However considering how shit our CM is (bar Carrick and Cleverley who is good cover), we can afford one/two good midfielders knowing that they will improve us and make us look less desperate. I agree with you players like Modric, Verratti or Gundogan are a step to the right direction.

just close the thread...

Exactly, this is just embarrassing now. I said it felt a bit Man City before. Definitely feels it now. Love to be wrong cos Cesc is superb but really...

Some of you lot are easily upset and embarrassed. How do you deal with, you know, actual life?

Actual life is easier, you are in control of so many aspects of your actual life, you can make decisions and often can have an influence on the decisions that others make about you. As football fans, however, we are so powerless and helpless. We have zero influence over anything, we are weak yet we have the crazy emotional attachment.

Actual life is easier, you are in control of so many aspects of your actual life, you can make decisions and often can have an influence on the decisions that others make about you. As football fans, however, we are so powerless and helpless. We have zero influence over anything, we are weak yet we have the crazy emotional attachment.
Respek.

Can I just ask

Why is there such a difference of opinion on Rooney and Fabregas, we can't compare Rooney's desire to leave and Fabregas, as we simply don't know Fabregas' intentions, he's kept a silence on the matter thus far compared to Rooney's 'angry and confused' briefing to the media

But why are people so adamant Rooney will leave, but Fabregas will not arrive when the circumstances are more or less identical

Owner club has rejected bids
Owner club has said they're not for sale
Owner club has a new manager they wouldn't want to pull the rug out from underneath
etc

I just don't get why people are so convinced one way for one, and the other for the other

I expect both to happen personally, just don't see how people can be convinced it is one going and one staying

Ed, simple: Rooney is known to want to leave the club, Fabregas isn't. You say we don't know his intentions, but we do know Rooney's.

No, it doesn't look too promising. Unless we know FAR more than I think we do, this comes to down a price. And I think that price will prove too high. We'll see. I'm not too fussed about this, to be honest. He's a very good player who would no doubt improve us (he would improve our CM significantly, only a madman would deny that), but I don't think our future success depends on the pizza thrower. He isn't Jebus, as I said - nor is he Messi or Ronaldo.

I just hope we don't spend too much time and energy on this. We'll need to set our sights on someone else immediately if this one falls through.

Agreed, but I hope that Moyes already has a plan B in place and is not focusing all his attention on Fabregas. Who can say if the latest comments from Barcelona are calculated to jack up the price or whether they are determined not to sell at any price? Posturing and bluster are all part and parcel of transfer dealings these days and it's really hard to work out what's going on. The media spin it this way and that so that you never know what the truth is. How I wish that all our transfers could be like Eric's was.

Anyone who is embarrassed by the club trying to sign this guy is quite frankly a bit of a tool.

Shouldn't we leave that decision to people who are privy to the fact Fabs coming? :)

Anyone who is embarrassed by the club trying to sign this guy is quite frankly a bit of a tool.

No ones embarrassed by trying to sign him. Any embarrassment is from trying to sign him so publicly when it appears he has no intention to join us.

You'll have better odds at Harrahs. Nice weekend to be up there.

No gambling for me, Matt. Just a lovely bike ride around Fallen Leaf Lake, a bit of tooling around then back home for dinner. Sensational weather here right now. Beyond belief.

I'm going to a United event tomorrow in Hong Kong, should be quite a few officials/ex-players there, I wonder if they know anything about this saga...

No ones embarrassed by trying to sign him. Any embarrassment is from trying to sign him so publicly when it appears he has no intention to join us.

Has he said so? Did you hear if from his mouth? Nothing is embarrassing except for people on hear who all seem to work for our board.

I though most of us muppets wanted United to adopt this new gung-ho Madrid attitude.

Ha! Gaaaaaayeee.

Bartomeu said: "United's interest for Cesc Fabregas is obvious, he's a great player but it does not bother us.
He won his first league title when Barcelona took La Liga's top spot last season.
"It does not matter what they offer us, we are not selling him."

"I'm not going to involve myself in the club's accounts, but considering the club has already rejected two offers, I would guess it will reject a third," Martino said.
"In other words, Fabregas will remain here."

So what part of that are some clinging on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.