Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini + McCarthy, Verratti at best. Any pair of those three and I would be pretty pleased. Even just one of those could have me delighted... but wanting a second.

Ditto. It's not actually our common policy to only go for the best available. Those 3 players are the level United are usually looking for. Young(-ish), good potential, and still hungry for success.

Why are you so sure Modric could not happen?

Everyone at Madrid reckons he wound up having one of the best seasons there. Not a great start but turned it on when it mattered for them.

Unless he is unsettled (which I don't see) there's nothing there.

Remember how many times Barca said Figo was staying before he moved to Real Madrid?

dont tell me how the situation was different, I'm trying to revive a bit of hope here

With the TV deal increase and Commercial revenue increases a transfer fee of £40-50m should not be a big deal at all.

In fact if you take into account the clubs profitability the deals for Veron, Rio and Rooney would absolutely dwarf them.

When you think our operating profit when we bought Rooney, Rio and Veron was roughly the same that year total as the transfer fee... That would put each transfer nowadays North of the £100m mark. Obviously wages have increased at a much faster rate, but it still gives you an idea.

Given the state of our midfield I'm bemused that people are concerned about offering North of the £40m mark. I'd be ecstatic if we sanctioned a deal similar to the Kaka to Madrid one and got him.

McCarthy to United would cost £20m plus. Why do we think we can get him on a cheap? Either way this Fabregas thing is happening.

frogmascothelp.jpg

I wonder if the new manager's statement on Fabregas will finally get through to us and we can chase a more realistic target now.

Cue bid going in for Schweinsteiger...

I do wish people would shut the feck up about being "realistic".

Being "realistic" doesn't win you 13 league titles in 22 years, either piss off or live the dream like we've been doing for a long, long time here.

What needs to happen now , is Fabregas himself needs to come out and say what he wants to do.

He won't, he is a bit of a bottler. I am not sure he knows what he wants. He knows now that Barca have had their Cesc feathers ruffled, that might suffice.

My optimistic bubble is rapidly deflating, but I have enjoyed the ride. :-)

For someone who has been repeatedly warned about posting NSFW images you're a bit fecking stupid, Jeston.

Being "realistic" doesn't win you 13 league titles in 22 years, either piss off or live the dream like we've been doing for a long, long time here.

Come on be realistic.

The time for that was 193 pages ago.

Someone forgot to tell the chumps who run your club that too.

They're almost as bad as ours.

For someone who has been repeatedly warned about posting NSFW images you're a bit fecking stupid, Jeston.

But censored though? Olly made a gif of TDon wanking off Weaste and similarly censored it like I did. Nobody batted an eye-lid at that

feck off Barca. They know deep down he isn't needed. It would look embarrassing after all that "we're bringing our boy home" a few years ago.

Yeah the 7th choice player out of the front 6. He won't play at all.

Why do things like that get deleted nowadays? Did things change with advertising?

I remember some shockers in the past, this seemed quite mild in comparison.

Not sure if serious. It's not often we buy top players from top clubs. In fact it's extremely rare.

Veron from Inter, RVP from Arsenal.......

McCarthy to United would cost £20m plus. Why do we think we can get him on a cheap? Either way this Fabregas thing is happening.

They might look for that, but 15m should get him when they realise nobody will pay what they are looking for. 12m should be enough. If it's coming close to the deadline and nobody has bought him, Wigan will panic.

It's time to move on and aim for a realistic target. Fabregas was a no go from the start, feck knows why we have wasted the best part of a month chasing a player who is not only happy at the club but Barcelona have stated on record 5-6 times that he's not for sale.

Im just waiting for the ''the targets we had in mind aren't available so we will make do with our current squad'' quotes to come out next. Shit summer so far to say the least.

I'm just glad I can say "I was there when Jeston posted the NSFW gif".

Status
Not open for further replies.