Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok lads, here are some new quotes:

"Man United want Cesc? If the club rejected two offers, I will reject it a third time. Cesc will be here."

"It's normal United are interested, it's an honour, but we count on Cesc and we won't sell, no matter the offer."

-Martino

FC Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Cesc Fabregas' future: "It doesn't matter what any offer is - we're not selling him. We're counting on him. He's not for sale.

"If there was higher offer would we accept it? No. He's a great player. It doesn't bother us that Manchester United want him. We're proud that a club like them want one of our players.

FC Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Cesc Fabregas' future: "It doesn't matter what any offer is - we're not selling him. We're counting on him. He's not for sale.

"If there was higher offer would we accept it? No. He's a great player. It doesn't bother us that Manchester United want him. We're proud that a club like them want one of our players.

I never thought for a second that they would sell him unless they got a ridiculous offer closer to 50m.

I'm far off being convinced he's coming, but this means absolutely nothing. He will hardly come out and say 'yeah, I want to get rid' in his opening presser at the new club.

I never thought for a second that they would sell him unless they got a ridiculous offer closer to 50m.

Well yeah, that would be an insane offer. And I'm sure they would accept that, despite what he had said. If there's a lunatic offering you well over the odds for a player then you have got to cash in.

It just never made any sense. Why are we wasting our time trying to sign him instead of getting someone who's at least remotely attainable?

It just never made any sense. Why are we wasting our time trying to sign him instead of getting someone who's at least remotely attainable?
Sorry, I'm struggling to think of any other top class midfielders that are remotely attainable. They've all been hoovered up. If you've got any ideas, please pass them on to Mr E Woodward c/o Old Trafford.

While it'as not a positive development, it's nothing new really. Still in the same situation as before really, ie we only sign him if a) we bid a fair bit more and b) he is keen to move. If Fabregas pushes a move through, and we come in £40m+ then they can still pin it all on him without getting egg on their faces - see SAF's comments about selling Ronaldo.

That said, I'm not sure either of the above conditions will happen. For all the talk of a limitless budget, I don't see our spending policy changing that rapidly, and it's far from clear if the player has any interest in a move.

I just hope we aren't up the creek by the time we finally give up on Cesc. We're not far from the season starting and we haven't signed anyone of note yet. Hopefully the club will pull something out of the bag, possibly something we haven't heard much about yet.

Yes, while it'as not a positive development, it's nothing new really. Still in the same situation as before really, ie we only sign him if a) we bid a fair bit more and b) he is keen to move. If Fabregas pushes a move through, and we come in £40m+ then they can still pin it all on him without getting egg on their faces - see SAF's comments about selling Ronaldo.

That said, I'm not sure either of the above conditions will happen. For all the talk of a limitless budget, I don't see our spending policy changing that rapidly, and it's far from clear if the player has any interest in a move.

Yeah, we are exactly where we were 2 weeks ago.

Well, then we should've thought about that when Thiago went for ridicilous money, or Vidal moved to Juventus, or anytime these last 5 years when it's become more and more apparent that we need a revamped CM.

Our desperation now obviously makes it even more difficult to sign a CM.

And honestly, you can't be serious in telling me that no attainable CM would improve our midfield options this summer? That's bullshit.

I think we all knew it was a long shot deep down. Never mind, we don't need him anyway. He's rubbish.

They were never going to say anything else tbf.

IF we get him, and thats a massive if, Barca will spin it 1 of 2 ways, either a) Cesc wanted to leave and pushed for the move, don't want an unhappy player etc etc or b) United's offer was just to good to refuse.

feck off Barca. They know deep down he isn't needed. It would look embarrassing after all that "we're bringing our boy home" a few years ago.

IF we get him, and thats a massive if, Barca will spin it 1 of 2 ways, either a) Cesc wanted to leave and pushed for the move, don't want an unhappy player etc etc or b) United's offer was just to good to refuse.

Combination of both, I reckon. Pretty much what we did with Ronaldo.

Yeah. It will be the usual... The offer was too good to refuse. I don't know why else we would waste our time. In the mean time however why aren't we signing other targets.

feck off Barca. They know deep down he isn't needed. It would look embarrassing after all that "we're bringing our boy home" a few years ago.
They fact they have Fabregas as only a squad player isnt very embarrassing at all IMO.

No embarrassment if the money United offer is obviously well over the odds for the player. Barca fans would have no problem with taking advantage of a lunatic English club. But I doubt United can spend at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.