Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will save you the embarrassment.... But he's already won the league mate.

Really? Fabregas was at arsenal more than 8 years ago? Well thats me shocked. I guess he was pretty young.

Then why wait until after the Thiago deal to bid on Cesc?

I have never found this one difficult to answer, but It gets asked more than once.

Probably because Cesc didn't give the go ahead to his agent to push.

I didn't think the timing was anything to do with us, this was engineered by Cesc's camp. If what Thiago says is true, Barcelona didn't do anything to try and keep him. That may have been Cesc's breaking point.

Not in England he hasnt.

Seriously.... He won it in his first year!! What's wrong with some of you. Type it in google you'll find a picture of him in the middle of the pitch sitting with the title. Pizza gate was the year after.

Really? Fabregas was at arsenal more than 8 years ago? Well thats me shocked. I guess he was pretty young.

Actually, he was at Arsenal last time they won the league but he didn't play a single game and didn't get a medal.

Seriously.... He won it in his first year!! What's wrong with some of you. Type it in google you'll find a picture of him in the middle of the pitch sitting with the title. Pizza gate was the year after.

Arsenal last won the league in 2003-04. Fabregas didnt make his league debut until the following season. There may be a photo of him somewhere joining in the celebrations but he doesnt have a winners medal.

Only things he won with Arsenal were the FA Cup and Community shield.

I think one thing people forget is that a footballers career is short and playing in a top competitive league is not something every player gets to do. So called experts can argue about how technical LA LIGA is but ultimately it's a posh man's SPL. There's two teams in it, Barcelona and Real Madrid. Fabregas is behind Xavi and Iniesta, and even Busquets who play in the big games, so unless they are injured he'll basically start matches against vastly inferior league teams that Barca usually beat anywhere from 4-0 to 7-0. What's the point? In The Premier League Fabregas can play in a competitive league with hard matches every week, he can be first choice and be the main man, and start the important games. He has to be considering it. LA LIGA is a poor competition, it's barely even a competition.

I think one thing people forget is that a footballers career is short and playing in a top competitive league is not something every player gets to do. So called experts can argue about how technical LA LIGA is but ultimately it's a posh man's SPL. There's two teams in it, Barcelona and Real Madrid. Fabregas is behind Xavi and Iniesta, and even Busquets who play in the big games, so unless they are injured he'll basically start matches against vastly inferior league teams that Barca usually beat anywhere from 4-0 to 7-0. What's the point? In The Premier League Fabregas can play in a competitive league with hard matches every week, he can be first choice and be the main man, and start the important games. He has to be considering it. LA LIGA is a poor competition, it's barely even a competition.
That's silly, La Liga is a very strong league and you make it out as if there aren't any good teams apart from Madrid and Barcelona when the likes of Atletico, Valencia, Malaga or even Sociedad and Betis play very good football and would be going strong in Premier League too. The whole obssession with undermining La Liga and praising Premier League as the best thing ever is strange. The reason why Barca and Madrid usually end up 20+ points ahead of the rest is that they are simply this good.

Oh come on, are you serious?

What does anything you said have to do with my post ?

Others have followed my point - whats so hard? I dont agree it will tarnish the reputation of United /Moyes as clubs know its hard to move a settled player.

Others have followed my point - whats so hard? I dont agree it will tarnish the reputation of United /Moyes as clubs know its hard to move a settled player.

That's why most don't even try, which highlights my earlier point about the futility of trying if you're not sure - especially for a new manager and executive.

The signings we should be looking at are the ones Dortmund have done - Mikhtyran and Obemeyang? who are players in lesser leagues who have shown real talent and sure they are not cheap but they have potential to become much better at United.

World class talents are usually not traded unless for obscene amounts - the best way forward is to develop them in house. If you want the finished article then be prepared to pay for it.

The signings we should be looking at are the ones Dortmund have done - Mikhtyran and Obemeyang? who are players in lesser leagues who have shown real talent and sure they are not cheap but they have potential to become much better at United.

World class talents are usually not traded unless for obscene amounts - the best way forward is to develop them in house. If you want the finished article then be prepared to pay for it.

I'm not sure what your point is here, we should adapt the same policy as a club with far lower finances than us and a lesser stature in the footballing world? Why on earth would we need to do that?

So basically what we have been doing for years.

The reason why world class players trade for obscene amounts is because you know what you're getting - players who have already proved they can perform at the highest level.

It is of course possible to pick up players further down the pyramid who will stop up - but its a knack finding them. Arsenal try to do it, and the problem of replacing a RVP with a Giroud is there to be seen.

If there is a chance of getting a player of Fabregas' quality at a price we can afford then the obvious thing to is pursue it? Rather than not pursue a player because there's a chance he won't sign. If he doesn't sign there is nothing lost.

If there is a chance of getting a player of Fabregas' quality at a price we can afford then the obvious thing to is pursue it? Rather than not pursue a player because there's a chance he won't sign. If he doesn't sign there is nothing lost.

Yeah, I find the logic that "we should follow this policy" a bit baffling really. Yeah we do have a policy of sorts when it comes to buying youth and such but SAF has never shied away from spending big on established players if he felt he needed to (Veron, RvP, Ferdinand, Berbatov). Fabregas is a player who would basically solve most of the midfield problems we've had these last few years and the idea of not signing him cause he costs too much (EDIT: Well, as long as we can afford the sum) or isn't a talented youngster is just odd.

I know when I saw those quotes from Scholes to Moratti the other day I thought it was really embarassing for Inter.

Daily Mail claims the Barcelona midfielder has told 'friends in English football' that he is prepared to leave the Nou Camp and join Manchester United.
I wonder if there is any shred of truth in this , or just Daily Mail bullshit.

I believe the exact opposite of whatever the Daily Mail says.

Status
Not open for further replies.