Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are currently playing their friendlies in Japan as well. They beat Nagoya on the 22nd and are playing Urawa tomorrow. I doubt Ladyman's paper will have sent two reporters to Japan at once. He's probably travelling between both teams and meeting contacts from Arsenal as well as United.

Jaysus sure look, it's basically nailed on!

I think we can all come to the conclusion that this deal will involve De Gea going the other way in 12 months time.

I think the fact that Valdes is leaving in a year and Reina is been loaned out for the season would suggest to me that there is a good chance it will be Reina who replaces Valdes not De Gea.

I think the fact that Valdes is leaving in a year and Reina is been loaned out for the season would suggest to me that there is a good chance it will be Reina who replaces Valdes not De Gea.

It's perfect for Barca because if Reina carries on his downward spiral and De Gea keeps going the way he is, there's only one man they'll be after. And he's got hair.

It's perfect for Barca because if Reina carries on his downward spiral and De Gea keeps going the way he is, there's only one man they'll be after. And he's got hair.

Think Reina still has a good reputation in Spain so I think Barca will take the cheaper option rather than spend a fortune on De Gea especially if the reports about a contract extension are true.

Jesus, that fool with the De Gea comment has sparked a mini debate here. Just out of interest, I don't rate De Gea as a possible 60mill player, like some are suggesting. IMO, he's worth more, priceless in fact. He WILL be the best keeper on the planet, I dare say he's well on his way and is counted among the top keepers already. He'll be right up there with Schmeichel and VDS.

Jesus, that fool with the De Gea comment has sparked a mini debate here. Just out of interest, I don't rate De Gea as a possible 60mill player, like some are suggesting. IMO, he's worth more, priceless in fact. He WILL be the best keeper on the planet, I dare say he's well on his way and is counted among the top keepers already. He'll be right up there with Schmeichel and VDS.

Was that DeGea comment not a joke??:confused:

If this doesn't happen, it will be quite damaging to perceptions of Moyes and Woodwards' ability to deal with marquee transfers - especially with our being apparently, consistently bullish over Cesc across multiple large bids, whilst all indications out of Barca suggesting that neither the club nor player are interested.

If this doesn't happen, it will be quite damaging to perceptions of Moyes and Woodwards' ability to deal with marquee transfers - especially with our being apparently, consistently bullish over Cesc across multiple large bids, whilst all indications out of Barca suggesting that neither the club nor player are interested.

No I disagree. I think we need to be more realistic with our signings - its very difficult to pluck settled players from their teams unless you offer crazy money which in the end becomes self defeating.

Is this still at all possible? I haven't been here for ages as the title is still the same.

I find it interesting that Neil Custis is now pushing this story when yesterday on MUTV he was convinced we weren't going to get him claiming Fabregas is happy there, plays a lot of games, new house, family close by, living his dream, Barça adamant to keep him, and he even patronisingly praised our efforts in trying to get him here. Now all in a few hours he's dramatically changed that opinion. I'm not convinced.

Yeah, but he works for The Sun, means nothing.

No I disagree. I think we need to be more realistic with our signings - its very difficult to pluck settled players from their teams unless you offer crazy money which in the end becomes self defeating.

Ultimately it boils down to the "no value", doesn't it? Players of the quality we aspire to are typically settled and would cost an arm and a leg. If ever available they are still the subject of a massive bidding war and it goes down to money/package. It's the same situation but whereas SAF could say it and wouldn't get any heat, Moyes have to be seen to be trying.

We will only ever get those who are available AND decidedly want to come here. That's unlikely to be a Spanish chap who played for one of our rivals though.

We'd better forget about attracting the established world class ones, that will be the exception unless they are from Home Nations. If anyone is worth breaking the bank for, that's Bale. No worldie midfielders out there for us, get used to it.

Even of we brought in Fabregas, would we be good enough to take down Bayern? I don't think so. If we brought in Fabregas AND Bale of Ronaldo, we're suddenly competitive with Bayern.

And if we only do Fabregas, that would be great, but that would be overkill to lift the English prem trophy by still not good enough to lift the CL trophy. It's not my money so I don't really care that much what we spend,

If we can't do Bale or Ronaldo, we might we wiser to spend a more modest amount on Fellaini and develop our promising young players, lift the prem trophy. And if an assault on Bale or Ronaldo is timely next summer, do it.

What does anything you said have to do with my post ?

Even of we brought in Fabregas, would we be good enough to take down Bayern? I don't think so. If we brought in Fabregas AND Bale of Ronaldo, we're suddenly competitive with Bayern.

And if we only do Fabregas, that would be great, but that would be overkill to lift the English prem trophy by still not good enough to lift the CL trophy. It's not my money so I don't really care that much what we spend,

If we can't do Bale or Ronaldo, we might we wiser to spend a more modest amount on Fellaini and develop our promising young players, lift the prem trophy. And if an assault on Bale or Ronaldo is timely next summer, do it.

League trophy isn't good enough for you, Ruud10?

Not to mention with varying luck and form we could beat Bayern now we're still a top team. We aren't that far behind. They're just currently better. Fabregas would make us a much better side.

Not to mention with varying luck and form we could beat Bayern now we're still a top team. We aren't that far behind. They're just currently better. Fabregas would make us a much better side.

That statement scares me... we will start to sound like the arsenal soon.

And if we only do Fabregas, that would be great, but that would be overkill to lift the English prem trophy by still not good enough to lift the CL trophy. It's not my money so I don't really care that much what we spend.

I'd say the following line-up could match Bayern, and is capable of winning the CL: De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Carrick, Fabregas; Welbeck, Rooney, Kagawa; RVP.
Winning the Champions League requires more than sheer quality though, in most cases luck is involved heavily (see even the great Barca side in '09, if not for luck we would have faced Chelsea again) - United '99 and '08, Barca '09, Chelsea '12 are testament to that IMO. There is no need for Bale and/or Ronaldo, we were well on our way to knock Ronaldo's Madrid out of the comp if it wasn't for a very poor referee decision.

Don't think it'll be near as easy as this last trophy won. I don't expect either Chelsea nor Man City to as inconsistent as they were all season long. That part of your post displays some weird arrogance.

Daily Mail claims the Barcelona midfielder has told 'friends in English football' that he is prepared to leave the Nou Camp and join Manchester United.
I wonder if there is any shred of truth in this , or just Daily Mail bullshit.

Dortmund reached the CL Final, while not having the 2nd best team in the world.

I thought Dortmund were easily second best last season.

Your point remains though; you don't always have to be the best team in Europe to win the CL.

They were lucky to win (in two legs) against Malaga and Madrid. I thought we had bigger chance to win against Dortmund than Madrid. Although it's all 'ifs' and 'buts.

Glad you can see the point. An organized team of hardworking good players (doesn't have to be world class) can take you far in CL: Chelsea, Inter, Dortmund, United from recent times.

They were lucky to win (in two legs) against Malaga and Madrid. I thought we had bigger chance to win against Dortmund than Madrid. Although it's all 'ifs' and 'buts.

Glad you can see the point. An organized team of hardworking good players (doesn't have to be world class) can take you far in CL: Chelsea, Inter, Dortmund, United from recent times.

I didn't watch the Malaga games tbh, but lucky to win against Madrid? Are you joking?

Glad you can see the point. An organized team of hardworking good players (doesn't have to be world class) can take you far in CL.

Malaga yes, Madrid no. Over the 4 times they played Madrid last season, Madrid only beat them once, While Dortmand won 2 out of 4, and one was a pretty good thrashing.

I didn't watch the Malaga games tbh, but lucky to win against Madrid? Are you joking?

Never in his career, Lewandowski scored 4 in one CL game; and he did that against Madrid. A bit better finishing by Ronaldo and co. in the first half of 2nd leg, Dortmund would be finished. But, it doesn't matter though. It's jut in my opinion, Madrid was the better team over two legs.

The return leg vs Madrid, before Ronaldo and co make that big push towards the end, Dortmund wasted some big chances to kill off the tie (the miss by Gundogan, the crossbar from Lewandowski). I think they deserved far more than Real to reach the final. They generally outplayed them

Trouble is the quotes are from the Mail.

Yep. But you can't not think that there might be something going on with this. Our constant pursuit of him can only mean one thing for me, that Barca a willing to sell and Fabregas is willing to come. I really think we wouldn't be wasting our time otherwise.

The return leg vs Madrid, before Ronaldo and co make that big push towards the end, Dortmund wasted some big chances to kill off the tie (the miss by Gundogan, the crossbar from Lewandowski). I think they deserved far more than Real to reach the final. They generally outplayed them

I beg to differ

I don't need that, I remember the tie well. Both teams had a lot of chances, Madrid early on the second tie and Dortmund had some dangerous counter attacks. Overall best team won as with the group stages taken into account, in 4 matches Madrid have only won once vs them.

Status
Not open for further replies.