Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if we don't sign him, it will just be totally detrimental to purchases of future world class stars. I worry about us without Ferguson. He unquestionably was a huge reason players signed for us over City, Chelsea etc. What's to stop them now?

Why would this transfer matter so much considering, as you said;

Barcelona are in top 3-4 clubs in world footballs history. Cesc Fabregas is a Barcelona born player, who always wanted to play for his local team. With Thiago gone and Xavi aging they aren't going to sell him easily. Dortmund agreed to sell Gotze to their rivals Bayern. If you think they wouldn't sell Gundogan for 40-50 you'd be mad, they'd snap our hands off.

Missing out on a player in that situation is hardly detrimental to our future.

Why would this transfer matter so much considering, as you said;

Missing out on two midfielders, one of which picked Bayern Munich over us isn't ? As more time goes on clubs will just drive up their asking prices for alternative targets as they know we are in need for a central midfielder with little time remaining.

Missing out on two midfielders, one of which picked Bayern Munich over us isn't ? As more time goes on clubs will just drive up their asking prices for alternative targets as they know we are in need for a central midfielder with little time remaining.[/quote]

Money-wise fair enough but in the long term it won't matter significantly to whoever we sign, not that we've ever really relied on signing world class stars either. The same with Bayern and Barca in that regard, although both those teams benefit from the superior crop of youngsters that both countries produce.

Destabilize? By putting in an official bid for him? :lol::lol:

If anything Barca have destabilized Cesc themselves, by opting to consider our offers despite Cesc stating his obvious desire to stay where he is.

I would have thought it was far more destabilizing to poach a 16yr old boy from his hometown club before he even signs a professional contract. Mercilessly tearing him from the only life he had ever known, then forcing him to play talisman and carry your sorry outfit for at least the last 5 years of his time there. All the while enduring ever increasing mediocrity and stagnation amidst a relentless torrent of empty promises. Before finally, dreams shattered upon his realization that arsenal were in fact crap and going nowhere, Arsenal then showed their gratitude by unashamedly complicating his liberation home with extortionate financial demands.

Yes, you may claim he loves your club and enjoyed his time there, but remember it is quite common for impressionable young abductees to become infatuated with their captors, often even sympathizing with their unfortunate predicament. Is he still emotionally traumatized enough to attempt an incomprehensible return to Arsenal? Hope not for his sake, but you never know, you did manage to repeatedly deceive him before with your fraudulent claims of ambition, and some people are simply gluttons for punishment.

:lol:
Excellent!

If anything Barca have destabilized Cesc themselves, by opting to consider our offers despite Cesc stating his obvious desire to stay where he is.

I would have thought it was far more destabilizing to poach a 16yr old boy from his hometown club before he even signs a professional contract. Mercilessly tearing him from the only life he had ever known, then forcing him to play talisman and carry your sorry outfit for at least the last 5 years of his time there. All the while enduring ever increasing mediocrity and stagnation amidst a relentless torrent of empty promises. Before finally, dreams shattered upon his realization that arsenal were in fact crap and going nowhere, Arsenal then showed their gratitude by unashamedly complicating his liberation home with extortionate financial demands.

Yes, you may claim he loves your club and enjoyed his time there, but remember it is quite common for impressionable young abductees to become infatuated with their captors, often even sympathizing with their unfortunate predicament. Is he still emotionally traumatized enough to attempt an incomprehensible return to Arsenal? Hope not for his sake, but you never know, you did manage to repeatedly deceive him before with your fraudulent claims of ambition, and some people are simply gluttons for punishment.

Dear god.

Game. Set. Match.

fecking hell.

:lol: :lol: Post of the Year material.

Does Moyes have a press conference ahead of tomorrow's game?

Does Moyes have a press conference ahead of tomorrow's game?

He's had a pre-match conference before every other game we've had, hasn't he? So I'd assume he will. Hopefully he'll be able to give an update - it'll be torture if he says Ed's still dealing with it.

That's brilliant.

I would post a green smiley if I could. But I can't.

Only thing that gives me slight bit of hope, is that Fabregas nor his agent has come out and said anything. We've heard nearly everyone else give there opinion, but if he really wanted to stay, surely some comments from him or his agent would put an end to it all.

So i believe what SSN have been saying, if Barca accept a bid, he'll consider joining.

Why can't you, amol? :(
Ever since I was recently diagnosed with a newly discovered disease called "xenforosis", the doctors have told me that I will be unable to perform some basic functions that once used to on a regular basis. Smiling is dangerous apparently, but it can be done manually if needed, by pulling both my cheeks apart. Laughing is an absolute no no. How I miss the good old days when I used to crack a laugh so big my face would turn green. Then there are the other problems I face like not being able to emphasise on certain words when making a point, and that's very hard on me personally because it costs me arguments I would otherwise win (it's all about winning after all).

To save me a lot of time this morning, can someone quickly tell me if there is anything new relevant to Fabregas coming to us?

On par with the syphilistic cock biscuit rant

LOL! Redcafe at its best

Seriously? Seriously? Us signing Fabregas? Is this a joke? Ha ha ha... tell me this thread is full of WUMs ffs! I need to rest.

Ever since I was recently diagnosed with a newly discovered disease called "xenforosis", the doctors have told me that I will be unable to perform some basic functions that once used to on a regular basis. Smiling is dangerous apparently, but it can be done manually if needed, by pulling both my cheeks apart. Laughing is an absolute no no. How I miss the good old days when I used to crack a laugh so big my face would turn green. Then there are the other problems I face like not being able to emphasise on certain words when making a point, and that's very hard on me personally because it costs me arguments I would otherwise win (it's all about winning after all).

Can't you use manual formatting for all that? I never use anything but.

Really can't see this happening to be honest, either from Barcelona's or Fabregas' end.

Barcelona have already sold Thiago, I don't think they'll sell 2 midfielders in one window like that, both academy graduates. Plus Xavi is getting older and older....

As for Fabregas, it has always been his dream to play for Barcelona. Coming to Man Utd now would likely mean he never plays for Barcelona again and I can't imagine him accepting failure like that at the age of 26, especially as again, Xavi is getting older.

No harm in trying of course but I don't really see it.

Really can't see this happening to be honest, either from Barcelona's or Fabregas' end.

Barcelona have already sold Thiago, I don't think they'll sell 2 midfielders in one window like that, both academy graduates. Plus Xavi is getting older and older....

As for Fabregas, it has always been his dream to play for Barcelona. Coming to Man Utd now would likely mean he never plays for Barcelona again and I can't imagine him accepting failure like that at the age of 26, especially as again, Xavi is getting older.

Pretty much agree. I've not really gotten excited about this one as I did Thiago, as that was a very realistic prospect, and his current ability and potential ability were all very exciting.

Sell Rooney and Anderson. Buy Gundogan and Vidal with maybe enough change to trigger Kondogbia's release clause. Never have midfield problems again.

Do you not agree though their must be something in it for us to keep bidding?.

Surely we are not just bidding for the sake of it, hoping that they will eventually cave in?.

Surely we are not just bidding for the sake of it, hoping that they will eventually cave in?.

It very much looks like we're chasing an unattainable target. I'm not sure why, we might find out. But right now it seems like a monumental waste of time.

This is how most of us in ths thread see it too I think.

With the tiny hope that he realises that he's not their midfield solution (unless they change the way they play).

It very much looks like we're chasing an unattainable target. I'm not sure why, we might find out. But right now it seems like a monumental waste of time.

I know, which makes it feel even more strange. It just does not make sense why we would target somebody we surely know would be ungettable?. It's not like us to just throw bids around hoping for the best, although I still do not think it will happen, there must be something behind it.

Why not? That's how it works. We are looking if enough money could tempt them to sell. It's just a bid weird that this all happens so out in the open, usually this stuff goes on behind the scenes without people telling the press about every new bid.

Considering Fabregas of course there is always the chance he would leave. If you offer a player more money than he is currently earning I think every player considers a move, Fabreags would be no different I guess.

apotheosis said:

Yes, you may claim he loves your club and enjoyed his time there, but remember it is quite common for impressionable young abductees to become infatuated with their captors, often even sympathizing with their unfortunate predicament. Is he still emotionally traumatized enough to attempt an incomprehensible return to Arsenal? Hope not for his sake, but you never know, you did manage to repeatedly deceive him before with your fraudulent claims of ambition, and some people are simply gluttons for punishment.​

Simply perfect....bravo​

Status
Not open for further replies.