Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destabilize? By putting in an official bid for him? :lol::lol:

If anything Barca have destabilized Cesc themselves, by opting to consider our offers despite Cesc stating his obvious desire to stay where he is.

I would have thought it was far more destabilizing to poach a 16yr old boy from his hometown club before he even signs a professional contract. Mercilessly tearing him from the only life he had ever known, then forcing him to play talisman and carry your sorry outfit for at least the last 5 years of his time there. All the while enduring ever increasing mediocrity and stagnation amidst a relentless torrent of empty promises. Before finally, dreams shattered upon his realization that arsenal were in fact crap and going nowhere, Arsenal then showed their gratitude by unashamedly complicating his liberation home with extortionate financial demands.

Yes, you may claim he loves your club and enjoyed his time there, but remember it is quite common for impressionable young abductees to become infatuated with their captors, often even sympathizing with their unfortunate predicament. Is he still emotionally traumatized enough to attempt an incomprehensible return to Arsenal? Hope not for his sake, but you never know, you did manage to repeatedly deceive him before with your fraudulent claims of ambition, and some people are simply gluttons for punishment.

This made me smile. Pete's, "fecking Hell" made me really laugh out loud.

TV is shite, this is much better.

Am I just seeing/reading different things to others? I don't think Barca have considered any of our offers from what I've seen.

I think they read the email/fax and possibly had lunch before saying no.

The only way he is coming is if Cesc tells Barca that he'd like to speak to us. I think they are happy to sell because they want the money towards a badly needed centre back, but they need to save face with the fans after recently losing Thiago for peanuts.

It's like something Pete would write but in reverse.

Am I just seeing/reading different things to others? I don't think Barca have considered any of our offers from what I've seen.

I'm confused about this as well. How does outright rejection = considering?

Well they're taking them off the fax machine and stuffing them in the bin since they've got more important things to worry about then fruitless bids for a player who is 'untransferable'.

If anything Barca have destabilized Cesc themselves, by opting to consider our offers despite Cesc stating his obvious desire to stay where he is.

I would have thought it was far more destabilizing to poach a 16yr old boy from his hometown club before he even signs a professional contract. Mercilessly tearing him from the only life he had ever known, then forcing him to play talisman and carry your sorry outfit for at least the last 5 years of his time there. All the while enduring ever increasing mediocrity and stagnation amidst a relentless torrent of empty promises. Before finally, dreams shattered upon his realization that arsenal were in fact crap and going nowhere, Arsenal then showed their gratitude by unashamedly complicating his liberation home with extortionate financial demands.

Yes, you may claim he loves your club and enjoyed his time there, but remember it is quite common for impressionable young abductees to become infatuated with their captors, often even sympathizing with their unfortunate predicament. Is he still emotionally traumatized enough to attempt an incomprehensible return to Arsenal? Hope not for his sake, but you never know, you did manage to repeatedly deceive him before with your fraudulent claims of ambition, and some people are simply gluttons for punishment.

Post of the year so far. :lol:

What I'm finding unsettling about this 'saga' is that most of us are pretty much convinced we aren't going to end up signing him regardless of how many bids we put in. Therefore, we're really going to have wasted a lot of time on this for nothing and at the end of July we won't have signed a single first team player.

:smirk:

When I think of it now, the likelihood of this happening is really slim to none. All of these following things would have to be addressed.

Would Barcelona sell Cesc in a bad time, especially after seeing Thiago sold? (Cesc also has 3 years left on his contract)
Would Cesc want to leave the Nou Camp? He will definitely get more playing time this year, and it's his home town club?
Would Cesc break ties with his Arsenal past to join us ? (I still think it's mad, mind that we are considered "rivals", in Italy players come and go freely amoungt the top 6)
Would United pay the money required? It will definitely take 45-50 million given Barcelona's lack of a reason to sell.

It's just to many unlikelyhoods I'm afraid.

:lol:

Excellent work

When I think of it now, the likelihood of this happening is really slim to none. All of these following things would have to be addressed.

Would Barcelona sell Cesc in a bad time, especially after seeing Thiago sold? (Cesc also has 3 years left on his contract)
Would Cesc want to leave the Nou Camp? He will definitely get more playing time this year, and it's his home town club?
Would Cesc break ties with his Arsenal past to join us ? (I still think it's mad, mind that we are considered "rivals", in Italy players come and go freely amoungt the top 6)
Would United pay the money required? It will definitely take 45-50 million given Barcelona's lack of a reason to sell.

It's just to many unlikelyhoods I'm afraid.

But we're working hard behind the scenes.....

:lol::lol: Awesome post!

But we're working hard behind the scenes.....

Honestly if we don't sign him, it will just be totally detrimental to purchases of future world class stars. I worry about us without Ferguson. He unquestionably was a huge reason players signed for us over City, Chelsea etc. What's to stop them now?

Honestly if we don't sign him, it will just be totally detrimental to purchases of future world class stars. I worry about us without Ferguson. He unquestionably was a huge reason players signed for us over City, Chelsea etc. What's to stop them now?

We are still Manchester United you know, and numerous players chose Chelsea and City over us when Fergie was in charge.

Honestly if we don't sign him, it will just be totally detrimental to purchases of future world class stars. I worry about us without Ferguson. He unquestionably was a huge reason players signed for us over City, Chelsea etc.

Um...no, he wasn't.

Yes he was. He even admitted it a year or two prior to retirement. Players when signing for the club or signing a renewal would always ask if he had any plans to retire. If you don't believe having the greatest manager of the last 30 years, if not ever, wasn't a massive draw you are deluding yourselves.

I will add, I think we have the best history of any club. But 95% of players don't give a rats arse about it sadly.

Well you've changed your initial point almost entirely in your second post but NM.

I will add, I think we have the best history of any club. But 95% of players don't give a rats arse about it sadly.

Good thing we're the current league champions then.

Honestly, who we are has feck all to do with this one. It's not going to happen because he obviously wants to stay, and there doesn't appear to be much appetite at Barca to let him go.

You should work for the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.