Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it would be a debacle, or embarrassment as some suggest at all. Deals do collapse for various reasons.

Agreed. The idea of it being at all embarrassing is pretty odd. Club bids for player, player's club rejects bid.

I hope this saga ends rather sooner than later. This endless checking the internet to see whether we signed him is a bit tiring, especially when you got work to do.

Two Nev's in a cup.

1590721_w2.jpg

was not included in their team playing Munich. doesn't mean much, since it doesn't have all the other big names except for Messi.

Barcelona have looked at Herrera in recent years if I recall from reports, and would not be surprised if they signed him should they sell Fab. They'd probably be able to get him for less than £20m too, and I think he's more suited to replacing Xavi than Sex anyway.

Herrera is a wonderful player, and one I would be quite pleased if we got ourselves.

I dont know why but the prospect of signing Fabregas feels nowhere near to how excited I was about signing Thiago.

I'm there too. It's the unknown quantity of Thiago, Fabregas is a special player but it remains to be see how good Thiago will become. Very exciting player.

I dont know why but the prospect of signing Fabregas feels nowhere near to how excited I was about signing Thiago.

I'd easily have taken Thiago over Fab myself. One of the most talented midfielders in the world I'd say, and potentially on another level to Fabregas, while still being pretty useful right now.

I'm there too. It's the unknown quantity of Thiago, Fabregas is a special player but it remains to be see how good Thiago will become. Very exciting player.

I'd easily have taken Thiago over Fab myself. One of the most talented midfielders in the world I'd say, and potentially on another level to Fabregas, while still being pretty useful right now.

I still maintain we were never in for Thiago.

Not that Arsenal's supposed interest worried me, but if they spend roughly £40 million on Suarez surely they won't have the money to compete for a Fabregas transfer.

I still maintain we were never in for Thiago.

There certainly could not have been a bid, I am sure the new management would have mentioned it. I believe we gave him an option, via his agent, but his agent had already secured him from his brother. His brother had to merely convince the board. If the board had said no, he would have come to us.

That's guesstimation.

Jesus Christ. On another level to Fàbregas? Some people do talk nonsense.

Said it before but I still think Thiago had a higher ceiling as a player, very special talent. Fabregas is not to be sniffed at either, to be fair he's never played in a side where his true potential has been realised.. at Arsenal he was playing in a side he was too good for and for Barca and Spain, he's had to play out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.