Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably spouting bollocks and I have no idea of course, I'm not inside his head, but it's the only thing that, in my opinion, could make a move away from Barcelona interesting for him. If we're being candid, our team is the best of the top tier teams to come to for a midfielder if he wants to be given playing time and a major role.

I keep hearing that same rationale for quite some time now but what we tend to forget rather conveniently is that will Cesc or any other potential midfield target be looking forward to the challenge of coming to a new side and immediately become the man everyone looks up to in reference to our midfield. Is the possibility of becoming a focal point in the middle of the park for us appealing enough to them? And what of the supporting cast? the cavalry? are they good enough to support his ambitions or to enable him to provide the missing link as far as our midfield is concerned? These are all very important questions that may or may not tempt a player to sign for us.

In Cesc's case a potential move to this current United side could be reminiscent of the quality that surrounded him at Arsenal and the pressure that came to bear for carrying that side. Thus, a transfer may not exactly be appealing for him.

I am just having a wild stab at understanding how this pursuit has evolved and the rhetoric ringing from both sides. I will be over moon were the lad to sign but I also believe we need different type of players to Cesc to adequately address our midfield shortcomings.

Someone has to keep you lot grounded.

I think our own fans do that. By thinking trying to sign good players is somehow insane. If he signs or not noboby knows but the lad is a great footballer and any effort to sign him is most welcome, by me anyway.

I keep hearing that same rationale for quite some time now but what we tend to forget rather conveniently is that will Cesc or any other potential midfield target be looking forward to the challenge of coming to a new side and immediately become the man everyone looks up to in reference to our midfield. Is the possibility of becoming a focal point in the middle of the park for us appealing enough to them? And what of the supporting cast? the cavalry? are they good enough to support his ambitions or to enable him to provide the missing link as far as our midfield is concerned? These are all very important questions that may or may not tempt a player to sign for us.

You're quite right, I personnally feel that our current squad, with or without Rooney, is definitely ahead of Arsenal's when he was there, and the 'supporting cast' is a notch above what the Gunners had in almost every position. Then again, it's subjective, and you're right he might not see it like that. As for the fact of becoming the focal point of the team, or at least a major cog of it, I would hope that a CM has that kind of ambition, but of course it may depend. I would be immensely surprised if that part of the challenge wouldn't at least excite Fabregas to a certain extent.

He better not try and nick our Phil's squad number, though. He may be good but, let's face it, he isn't anywhere near Jones'esque proportions.

You keep hearing about Zidane getting involved with Real's transfers, talking to their targets. Why on earth have we not employed David Beckham to do a job like that. He is a world wide icon and is respected as a footballer? I know we have Sir Bobby, but he is from another generation. Young footballers won't remember him as a player.

You keep hearing about Zidane getting involved with Real's transfers, talking to their targets. Why on earth have we not employed David Beckham to do a job like that. He is a world wide icon and is respected as a footballer? I know we have Sir Bobby, but he is from another generation. Young footballers won't remember him as a player.

David Beckham?

Seriously?

Good one!

Paul Scholes maybe, but Becks? Might work if we were trying to sign Karl Lagerfeld's son I suppose.

Scholes would be a good shout if he would actually speak to anyone. Zidane is world famous, we have players who are United legends, but if you are trying to buy someone who isn't a United fan, and it might surprise people, but a lot of people aren't, you need someone who is world famous.

Scholes would be a good shout if he would actually speak to anyone. Zidane is world famous, we have players who are United legends, but if you are trying to buy someone who isn't a United fan, and it might surprise people, but a lot of people aren't, you need someone who is world famous.

I think with Zidane its not just that he's iconic but he's likely a very smooth talker too.

And that he is at Real Madrid, probably the most attractive and glamorous club in world football. The greatest players have always gone to Spain, it's not a new thing.

I think with Zidane its not just that he's iconic but he's likely a very smooth talker too.

Yes, I could imagine that. It's just that we have a chief executive that no one knows, David Gill was known and respected, a manager that some might not know, Sir Alex was probably one of the best known managers ever. I wondered if they might have needed a hand until they have their feet properly under the table.

He would need to string complicated and articulate sentences together. Might as well ask Rooney

We should just get Cantona to do it. He would confuse the buggers into signing for us.

not sure why people keep using the word "desperate"

Its not like United are running around trying to sign literally anyone. They clearly have identified some targets and trying to sign them. But, you cant sign everyone, particularly if the player doesnt want to join you

It comes down to this really. Why are we after someone who doesn't want to play here? It's like chasing a girl who just isn't interested, no matter what its going to look a bit desperate.

That being said, persistence is often key with women, I'm not necessarily saying its United are doing anything wrong. But there's no way to avoid how it might look to an outside observer.

So now we need world famous ex-players to be able to sign good current ones? Is this a new thing?

It comes down to this really. Why are we after someone who doesn't want to play here? It's like chasing a girl who just isn't interested, no matter what its going to look a bit desperate.

That being said, persistence is often key with women, I'm not necessarily saying its United are doing anything wrong. But there's no way to avoid how it might look to an outside observer.

You've no clue whether he wants to play here or not, though.

Those brokering the deal might, so why don't we let them try and do it, and leave the spazzing out until it's sorted one way or the other.

Why are you so sure fabregas doesnt want to come here? Are our representatives such idiots so as to bid on players before ascertaining whether he'd be interested in coming? Also, why has there been no statement from fabregas or his agent on the matter? All it'd take is 1 statement from him.

We should just get Cantona to do it. He would confuse the buggers into signing for us.

Cantona and Keano. That would be my choice. We send them around the world, confusing and/or intimidating unsuspecting superstars into signing for us. Trawlers and seagulls followed by a swift one in the gut when they're dazzled.

If we want a big figure in the football world to sweet talk players into signing I think we might have somebody on the payroll already. Just retired from his previous job but I can't remember his name.

Now who did Beckham used to play for?

Not sure you want him rocking up to chat up a couple of Barca players now do we?

h6a7.jpg

Why are you so sure fabregas doesnt want to come here? Are our representatives such idiots so as to bid on players before ascertaining whether he'd be interested in coming? Also, why has there been no statement from fabregas or his agent on the matter? All it'd take is 1 statement from him.

while I agree with you regarding the fact that Fabregas coming here isn't out of the question, Fabregas did himself, not long ago say he's not going anywhere. Things probably changed seeing as we've made 2 bids already, however that doesn't take his comment away.

Status
Not open for further replies.