Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes would not be drawn on the uncertainty surrounding Wayne Rooney’s future, but United will countenance selling the England striker to Chelsea only if they manage to sign Bale or a similarly special talent.

For me, that just sums up the way the media report this stuff. What is basically says is:

We couldn't get Moyes to tell us a single thing about the Rooney situation, but that's OK because we mysteriously know the facts anyway. In fact, we're not sure why we bothered to ask Moyes, maybe he should be asking us, eh?

Non
It's silly isn't it? "Oi, we fecked up the Thiago deal...better spent resources and whatnot to save face. feck actually trying."

23 days into the transfer window and we are desperate. Supposedly this is PR by some.

Nonsense post, best ignored.

not sure why people keep using the word "desperate"

Its not like United are running around trying to sign literally anyone. They clearly have identified some targets and trying to sign them. But, you cant sign everyone, particularly if the player doesnt want to join you

I suppose on Football Manager when you want to buy a player it's a bit different, the impression I get is most here seem to think what they hear or read is true, very selective on what they believe, I.e. the same source quotes something they like, it's on, they then say something we don't, and it's well, can we trust this source anyway? Best definition? Transfer season.

EDIT: I enjoy the FOOTBALL season, hence why I am practically non-existent during TRANSFER season..

People aren't infracted for opinions, no matter how daft. If people are deemed to be on the wind up that's a different story.

To be fair, if you think about it, If I was a retard... my serious opinions may be considered WUM by others... so the bar is more defined from what we expect from that person? I.e. if Eboue was to post about my little pony here, we'd smile and move on, however if say Cina or one of the better posters say that, he would be seen as a WUM... I get it :)

not sure why people keep using the word "desperate"

Its not like United are running around trying to sign literally anyone. They clearly have identified some targets and trying to sign them. But, you cant sign everyone, particularly if the player doesnt want to join you

It's strange. United are seen as both too classy to be signing the likes of Fellaini, yet at the same time not classy enough to get "muppet acceptable" targets like Fabregas.

To be fair, if you think about it, If I was a retard... my serious opinions may be considered WUM by others... so the bar is more defined from what we expect from that person? I.e. if Eboue was to post about my little pony here, we'd smile and move on, however if say Cina or one of the better posters say that, he would be seen as a WUM... I get it :)

Cina one of the better posters?

I've just told you people get infracted for wind ups...

Cina one of the better posters?

I've just told you people get infracted for wind ups...

In terms of opinions, I usually agree with him... he's just a bit pompous/arrogant.. I suppose I would be too though if I spent every day trying to educate most of the people on here... You won't agree but I was one who never wanted 'I'M always Right' to leave..

Nonsense post. Sharpen away!

That's the drum some around here have been playing on. What's the issue? People think the club is seriously considering this Fabregas deal some sort of PR stunt to save face. It makes no sense. If we wanted to save face we'd target someone who'd we be able to get. This is a bold move by the club to get a stellar player but it has nothing to do with PR.

What in the name of all that's holy makes you jump to that conclusion. It seems that people really only think that everything the club has done has been publicity or PR. Strange that they would do things you criticise in the name of PR.

What have they done recently which suggests otherwise ?

23 days till the transfer window closes. We have lost a great midfielder in Scholes who has retired. Giggsy has past his prime. And we are still struggling to sign players....

Don't recall a vice chairman cutting short his trip while the team is on tour to finalise a transfer request in the a Fergie era.

In terms of opinions, I usually agree with him... he's just a bit pompous/arrogant.. I suppose I would be too though if I spent every day trying to educate most of the people on here... You won't agree but I was one who never wanted 'I'M always Right' to leave..

I was just taking the piss out of Cina to be honest.

The Pique comments should have probably provided a clear indication of possibly the general thinking around the Barca camp which may also be shared by Cesc himself. Sentiments aside, why should Cesc move so soon after making his "dream" move home? What will he gain by playing for us that he doesn't already have at Barcelona? This may be unpopular on the forum but the lad is probably thinking that a move to us may be a step down, something that he may not quite feel up to it at this stage in his career. It is also quite possible that this is a shared position at Barcelona and hence the flat refusals which to say the very least have been relatively polite given how public we have gone with our approach in this instance.

In as imperative for the club to show its ambition by going after the best players, the club also needs to show that it retains a degree of arrogance in the transfer market and that transfer targets should feel honoured and privileged to be courted by us. We need to adopt a similar stance in these dealings as we have in the ongoing Rooneygate, that no one is bigger than the club and if someone is not on board then good riddance.

It is time that the scouting network earned its keep, what other alternatives do we have? United is a club that doesn't buy ready made stars, where are the up and coming players ready to crawl on burning coals just to play for us?

What have they done recently which suggests otherwise ?

23 days till the transfer window closes. We have lost a great midfielder in Scholes who has retired. Giggsy has past his prime. And we are still struggling to sign players....

Don't recall a vice chairman cutting short his trip while the team is on tour to finalise a transfer request in the a Fergie era.

On the wind-up? Can't tell half the time in this thread. Transfer request? What transfer request?

Strange that I've never come across this edn33 fellow even though he's been here a long time. Could it be that's because we've been pretty successful since 2009 and he only comes on to complain and moan when he feels he's not being spoilt enough?

Why not?

I think people underestimate the impact Fabregas would have here, getting him would be huge and if the club have the funds, then feck it, pay whatever it takes.

I completely agree. I think he is the one player that would make an unimaginable difference.

The Pique comments should have probably provided a clear indication of possibly the general thinking around the Barca camp which may also be shared by Cesc himself. Sentiments aside, why should Cesc move so soon after making his "dream" move home? What will he gain by playing for us that he doesn't already have at Barcelona?

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I believe it's a long shot, but just to answer that point: maybe he's afraid of his playing time, sees that quite a few of promising midfielders had a good U21 Euro and made good career moves following this and would like to play for a team where he's the main man in midfield during the year preceding a World Cup.

I'm probably spouting bollocks and I have no idea of course, I'm not inside his head, but it's the only thing that, in my opinion, could make a move away from Barcelona interesting for him. If we're being candid, our team is the best of the top tier teams to come to for a midfielder if he wants to be given playing time and a major role.

Did David Moyes TELL you that?

I just had a quick scan at his last 100 posts which go back years. He has three main themes of posting.

1) Huge erection for Gattuso
2) Hates Carrick and a lot of our squad players
3) Has no problem booing the team and criticising when we lose.

Top Red.

He has a Leeds tattoo, I've heard. That's why he used to have that mullet and now wears his collar up.

Even at that, I'd take him. I know it doesn't matter as much as it used to, but he's good at football. Call me old skool.

Status
Not open for further replies.