Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just so confused by all of this. It's a really weird saga and unlike any I can remember. I still get the feeling we're going to get this done because nothing else makes any sense. Whatever happens I'll maintain that Barca have been cnuts.

A bit harsh. What you are seeing is how the mighty don't like the possibilty of falling.

A bit harsh. What you are seeing it how the mighty don't like the possibilty of falling.

Nah, what I'm seeing is them being cnuts. I'm pretty sure they're giving out misinformation to either their fans or to United in private. The net result is an effort to make United look the bad guys and possibly Fabregas if the deal goes through. This shit of players coming out and talking on Fab's behalf if the exact same tapping up tactic they do for buying other players.

I don't like Barca anyway so possibly I'm seeing things how I want to.

Word around the water cooler is that this next offer is a take it or leave it offer.

Looks like it's a bit of a battle between who gets to be the 'baddie'.

The player likely wants the club to first accept the offer, the club likely first want him to ask to leave.

I think we're in Fergie time on this now.

Awesomeness. If we were able to give Alcantara place in the first team, then we are definitely willing to give Cesc a full season and he probably knows that, very well.

Kaveh has spoken.
I despise Kaveh.

Once I'm convinced its firmly off, he says something that makes me convince myself that Cesc might come if Barcelona agree a price.

I really need to stick to my guns and consider the deal firmly off for my own sanity.

fecking Kaveh

Anybody got the whole Times article that was posted?

David Moyes has vowed to carve his own place in Manchester United’s history — and he will have a transfer fund of close to £100 million to spend to make his mark.
The United manager admits he is driven by a “level of fear” about the task of succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson, but his statement of intent comes with the Glazer family, United’s American owners, eager to underline their support for Moyes by smashing the British transfer record to sign Gareth Bale, the Tottenham Hotspur forward.
United confirmed yesterday that they had made a second bid for Cesc Fàbregas, although that offer, thought to be in excess of the £30.75 million club-record fee paid to Spurs for Dimitar Berbatov in 2008, was also rejected by Barcelona.
Moyes said he wants to make at least two signings this summer — “It could be more, it could be less, depending on what happens,” he claimed — as he sets about putting his stamp on the Barclays Premier League champions.
“It has to be a new era,” said Moyes, whose team face Yokohama F. Marinos at the Nissan Stadium in Japan today. “My job now is to make my history.
“I’m going to be following someone who has made incredible history. I think about Sir Matt Busby’s history and then Sir Alex Ferguson’s history — they could do a film about it.
“I have to make sure now that my history and my time is something which the fans and people in the future talk about.
“It is my team now. I have taken I’m in charge. As I have said, I will use the ex-manager as much as I can because of his knowledge, but it is my team now and I have to take responsibility for that.”
Moyes said it was natural to have doubts given the size of the challenge he faces, but he emphasised his desire to follow in the footsteps of the long line of great Scottish managers, not least Ferguson and Busby, at Old Trafford.
“You would have doubt if anybody took over this job but I’ve got to say I feel it’s the right job for me at the right time and hopefully I’ll make it work,” the former Everton manager said.
“There’s not one person who would turn around and say, ‘Taking over Manchester United, you think you can breeze in there and do it easily?’ Of course not. There has to be a level of fear that comes with managing a club like Manchester United. It keeps you focused and stops you from taking your eye off the ball.
“There has been a succession of great Scottish managers, not necessarily at the same club. So if I could in some way be tagged on to the end of that list, because I’d been successful at Manchester United, then I’d be delighted.
“I think they’re actually saying, ‘We’re passing the baton on to you, it’s for you take the baton up and be successful.’ ”
Moyes would not be drawn on the uncertainty surrounding Wayne Rooney’s future, but United will countenance selling the England striker to Chelsea only if they manage to sign Bale or a similarly special talent.
Ed Woodward, the United executive vice-chairman, is working hard to try to prise last season’s Footballer of the Year away from White Hart Lane, with the club willing to spend considerably more than the British record fee of £50 million that Chelsea paid Liverpool for Fernando Torres, the Spain striker, in 2011.
Having already sold one midfielder, Thiago Alcântara, to Bayern Munich this summer, Barcelona want to keep Fàbregas, or at least delay a decision on the former Arsenal midfielder’s future until a new coach has been appointed after Tito Vilanova stepped down on Friday.
For the moment, though, United are prepared to be patient. “A point does come [when you have to walk away], but when you are interested in good players you want to give it every opportunity to materialise,” said Moyes, who is also interested in Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, the Everton left back and midfielder respectively.
“At this moment in time I can only tell you Ed Woodward is working hard to try to make the deals happen. We hope some of them will fall into place shortly.”

I'm not convinced we were ever in for Thiago, we've obviously been sniffing round Barca (for Fabregas) & the ITKs decided it was for Thiago. Do we have any proof that Thiago was a target?

True. TBH, I'm not sure we were ever in for Sneijder either. So I guess the public nature of this is promising!

I'm not convinced we were ever in for Thiago, we've obviously been sniffing round Barca (for Fabregas) & the ITKs decided it was for Thiago. Do we have any proof that Thiago was a target?

There's some evidence to the contrary going by what Moyes said. FWIW I do think we had been in contact with Thiago and were considering it but got cold feet when Fab gave us a glimpse of frilly knickers.

If the Bale transfer rumour is to be believed the club are going about it in the total opposite manner publicly than the Fabregas effort. Strange if true.

If the Bale transfer rumour is to be believed the club are going about it in the total opposite manner publicly than the Fabregas effort. Strange if true.

Levy is a different beast. Madrid's way will only make him dig in. Best to seem to be the better of two evils.

Which Bale transfer rumour would that be exactly? We've been no more than tenuously linked.

I had quoted this by adamwest from above but because it was a quote itself it didn't work.

From the times;

Moyes would not be drawn on the uncertainty surrounding Wayne Rooney’s future, but United will countenance selling the England striker to Chelsea only if they manage to sign Bale or a similarly special talent.
Ed Woodward, the United executive vice-chairman, is working hard to try to prise last season’s Footballer of the Year away from White Hart Lane, with the club willing to spend considerably more than the British record fee of £50 million that Chelsea paid Liverpool for Fernando Torres, the Spain striker, in 2011.
Having already sold one midfielder, Thiago Alcântara, to Bayern Munich this summer, Barcelona want to keep Fàbregas, or at least delay a decision on the former Arsenal midfielder’s future until a new coach has been appointed after Tito Vilanova stepped down on Friday.
For the moment, though, United are prepared to be patient. “A point does come [when you have to walk away], but when you are interested in good players you want to give it every opportunity to materialise,” said Moyes, who is also interested in Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, the Everton left back and midfielder respectively.
“At this moment in time I can only tell you Ed Woodward is working hard to try to make the deals happen. We hope some of them will fall into place shortly.”

It's probably nothing rumours but lets face it, if they are true then the club couldn't be going about the two transfers much more differently.

Levy is a different beast. Madrid's way will only make him dig in. Best to seem to be the better of two evils.

Totally agree. One would think we have a decent working relationship with Spurs too on these matters so it is possible that work could be going on behind the scenes to close that one.

Wish we had shown such the same effort to sign Thiago... we seem really desperate now.

All this news of United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward rushing back from Australia to finalise some transfer request is nothing more than just cheap publicity for Ed Woodward. WTF is going on here.

Let's sign some midfielders for real......

Totally agree. One would think we have a decent working relationship with Spurs too on these matters so it is possible that work could be going on behind the scenes to close that one.

Levy hates to feel bullied, possibly because of his days as a Public School boy. :D Despite his schooling he doesn't want to feel that we are pulling his pants down in order to shaft him. Madrid have got "School Bully" written all over them.

Wish we had shown such the same effort to sign Thiago... we seem really desperate now.

All this news of United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward rushing back from Australia to finalise some transfer request is nothing more than just cheap publicity for Ed Woodward. WTF is going on here.

Have you ever considered that Cesc was his number one target and not Thiago.

What in the name of all that's holy makes you jump to that conclusion. It seems that people really only think that everything the club has done has been publicity or PR. Strange that they would do things you criticise in the name of PR.

I reckon Sky are making a lot of this up. He's 'considering his future'. When you actually boil that down, you're looking at them speculating upon his thoughts.

I reckon Sky are making a lot of this up. He's 'considering his future'. When you actually boil that down, you're looking at them speculating upon his thoughts.

Sky to Agent: "Any news? Has he decided whether he wants to stay or move yet?"

Agent to Sky: "Not yet, there's a lot to think about"

SSN: "Fabregas is considering his future".

Pretty simple.

Your tagline tells us all we need to know about you...

Sky make something up? Never!

However, they have been more accurate than the others so far, particularly with the offers being tabled, a day or two ahead of the rest. I am pretty sure a certain agent is their source, they have been too accurate.

Sky to Agent: "Any news? Has he decided whether he wants to stay or move yet?"

Agent to Sky: "Not yet, there's a lot to think about"

SSN: "Fabregas is considering his future".

Pretty simple.

However in other news.... Marca say Madrid agree 6 year deal with Bale and its gospel!!!

What in the name of all that's holy makes you jump to that conclusion. It seems that people really only think that everything the club has done has been publicity or PR. Strange that they would do things you criticise in the name of PR.

It's silly isn't it? "Oi, we fecked up the Thiago deal...better spent resources and whatnot to save face. feck actually trying."

23 days into the transfer window and we are desperate. Supposedly this is PR by some.

Deadly serious. Some of the cnuts who only come on to complain about how pathetic the club is and how much of a PR smokescreen it all is deserve to be infracted.

People aren't infracted for opinions, no matter how daft. If people are deemed to be on the wind up that's a different story.

Deadly serious. Some of the cnuts who only come on to complain about how pathetic the club is and how much of a PR smokescreen it all is deserve to be infracted.

In fairnress Irweiner if thats what they think fair enough. If we dont get a big name this summer many will feel their concerns are vindicated.

I think they should wait until September the 1st but I understand why some are a tad worried

not sure why people keep using the word "desperate"

Its not like United are running around trying to sign literally anyone. They clearly have identified some targets and trying to sign them. But, you cant sign everyone, particularly if the player doesnt want to join you

Status
Not open for further replies.