Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
No manager wants to lose class players.

Fabregas transfer is very much dependent on the vision of the the board.

Fellaini/Cabaye/McCarthy/Barry/Parker coupled with Carrick would make for a solid platform to build upon IMO.

You're a massive WUM at times (and I'm being generous by not including McCarthy in the bold as well...)

No manager wants to lose class players.

Fabregas transfer is very much dependent on the vision of the the board.

Someone named martino might just be dumb enough to not rate fabregas though. B.E.L.I.E.V.E

Anderson/Cleverley/Powell/Kagawa can all do a job for us also. We have plenty of options. I reckon a lot of people want us to sign Fabregas just for the sake of making a big signing.

And Jones and Rafael! We can get Park and O'Shea back, too! No need to sign actual midfielders, they're overrated.

And Jones and Rafael! We can get Park and O'Shea back, too! No need to sign actual midfielders, they're overrated.

Cleverley is pretty much a guaranteed starter for England, Kagawa was first choice for the German champions, Powell has great potential, so saying they are overrated is a bit much.

I get that Barry and Parker are pisstakes but McCarthy? He'd probably be a better signing than Fellaini.

Well, he wouldn't really. I mean, he'd be a decent signing in terms of having an option, and as he's young he can get better to the point where maybe he could be a starter for us... but right now you wouldn't want your midfield starting with James McCarthy and Michael Carrick... if given a choice between that or Fellaini and Carrick, I imagine most would pick the later.

Well, he wouldn't really. I mean, he'd be a decent signing in terms of having an option, and as he's young he can get better to the point where maybe he could be a starter for us... but right now you wouldn't want your midfield starting with James McCarthy and Michael Carrick... if given a choice between that or Fellaini and Carrick, I imagine most would pick the later.

At least McCarthy's got potential. Fellaini is as good as he'll ever get, probably - and that's not very good.

Aye, that's a bit over-the-top really. Fellaini is a very good footballer, and has proven himself a handful against top sides on a number of occassions. I can see why people might want us to aim higher then Fellaini - and there's nothing wrong with that - but to dismiss him as "not very good" is a bit daft for me.

Aye, that's a bit over-the-top really. Fellaini is a very good footballer, and has proven himself a handful against top sides on a number of occassions. I can see why people might want us to aim higher then Fellaini - and there's nothing wrong with that - but to dismiss him as "not very good" is a bit daft for me.

He's proven himself a handful as a target man behind the main striker. As a midfielder he's... okay. Would be a half-decent back-up for Carrick at a price of 10m, at most.

I'm sure there are lots of good midfielders throughout Europe who can actually pass the ball at a reasonable level. We don't have to resort to lumping long balls to Fellaini. The chase of Fábregas is at least good for one thing: it does show that Moyes values passing and technical ability.

I guarentee people will eat their words if we sign Fellaini. He's got all the talent and physical attributes to be a brick wall in that midfield.

In truth though, I've never seen anything to suggest we're that keen beyond the obvious Moyes links.

No, once.

I'm not sure why you would expect to sense anything from it, considering you're not really the one negotiating, are you?

You really don't know if it helped or not. Why should that statement have any bearing anyway?

You're taking a bizarre leap of logic there to conclude something completely baseless. If United were getting strong signals from the player and/or the club, the whole process would manifest itself exactly the way it has.

According to some reports it's been rejected twice. You wouldn't know any better anyway.

Of course you can get a sense of things even if you're not the one negotiating. Read all the the feelings people are having about this in the forum yes? None of them are involved in the negotiations.

Making those statements is like a form of posturing. It does nothing except make us look a bit daft if we fail, despite all our big claims.

As for that last bit about how things now manifesting itself the way it should, let's just watch this whole process fail before your very eyes.

According to some reports it's been rejected twice. You wouldn't know any better anyway.

Of course you can get a sense of things even if you're not the one negotiating. Read all the the feelings people are having about this in the forum yes? None of them are involved in the negotiations.

Making those statements is like a form of posturing. It does nothing except make us look a bit daft if we fail, despite all our big claims.

As for that last bit about how things now manifesting itself the way it should, let's just watch this whole process fail before your very eyes.

Let me get this straight, you're getting a sense of whether Barcelona are encouraging us or not, based on people's reactions on this forum?

And you're worried someone else will look daft.

Let me get this straight, you're getting a sense of whether Barcelona are encouraging us or not, based on people's reactions on this forum?

And you're worried someone else will look daft.

No I'm just saying everyone on the forum is getting their own sense of what's going on with the bid. Some people think the signs are encouraging, some don't.

But what you just said was that no one should have a sense of anything, except for the people directly involved in the negotiations. I'm saying I disagree with your point.

No I'm not worried about anyone on the forum looking daft, myself included.

No I'm just saying everyone on the forum is getting their own sense of what's going on with the bid. Some people think the signs are encouraging, some don't.

But what you just said was that no one should have a sense of anything, except for the people directly involved in the negotiations. I'm saying I disagree with your point.

No I'm not worried about anyone on the forum looking daft, myself included.

Yep. This largely makes sense. Noone exactly knows what's going on but can infer their own takeaways based on the noise that's emanating. However, this does not pardon shit spoken in the thread about being disillusioned with the clubs transfer policy etc. Its childish.

People need to just accept that, whatever 'sense' they're getting about this potential transfer, you can guarantee Manchester United are getting an infinitely better sense of it.

Calling the club stupid is stupidity in itself since Woodward/Moyes etc. are the ones in position to know what the truth of the situation is, not us. Members of redcafe calling United stupid, embarrassing, incompetent or whatever, it's like a toddler waddling up to a renowned nuclear physicist and babbling in baby-talk to him about his calculations being off.

The Barry snobbery on here is a joke. The engine that drove City to their league win and still could do a job for top clubs...

I don't see what Barry could do that Cleverley can't. Also, Cleverley is younger and can run faster than my Nan.

Cam on Rosell, 40m quid or we go and give Real lots of money for a player they don't need, enabling them to buy Suarez and bite their way to next year's Liga, you know it makes sense guv.

People need to just accept that, whatever 'sense' they're getting about this potential transfer, you can guarantee Manchester United are getting an infinitely better sense of it.

Calling the club stupid is stupidity in itself since Woodward/Moyes etc. are the ones in position to know what the truth of the situation is, not us. Members of redcafe calling United stupid, embarrassing, incompetent or whatever, it's like a toddler waddling up to a nuclear physicist and babbling in baby-talk to him about his calculations being off.

Now and again you do speak very wise words. ;)

To the extent that someone is forming an opinion on absolutely no evidence that would point them to it, they are being daft, yes.

Anyways, this tangential straw clutching of yours has less and less to do with my original point about your faulty logic.

Cam on Rosell, 40m quid or we go and give Real lots of money for a player they don't need, enabling them to buy Suarez and bite their way to next year's Liga, you know it makes sense guv.

Please forward that to Woody via mail. I'm sure it'd work eh?

I don't see what Barry could do that Cleverley can't. Also, Cleverley is younger and can run faster than my Nan.

Barry's ball retention is far superior to Cleverley's. His upper body strength is tank-like. He shields the ball so well. Cleverley is a bit lightweight, and gets out-muscled very easily when on the ball.

If Barry was more mobile, I think he'd be rated much higher. It's a shame he's so sluggish. At Villa, he seemed to be able to get about more, and rightly built a very positive reputation. His athleticism has not aged well. Shame.

Barry does lots of stuff Cleverlet can't.

He is however an exceptionally dull and boring footballer.

Barry's ball retention is far superior to Cleverley's. His upper body strength is tank-like. He shields the ball so well. Cleverley is a bit lightweight, and gets out-muscled very easily when on the ball.

If Barry was more mobile, I think he'd be rated much higher. It's a shame he's so sluggish. At Villa, he seemed to be able to get about more, and rightly built a very positive reputation. His athleticism has not aged well. Shame.
Barry does lots of stuff Cleverlet can't.

He is however an exceptionally dull and boring footballer.

I don't see it myself, perhaps the ball shielding but who signs a player for that?
Maybe I need to watch him more closely next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.