Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
30m for Fabregas is a joke. We've spent more for some lazy overrated striker playing for our feeder's club. Not to forget that we're expecting the man to ignore the fact that Xavi is getting old and show the middle finger to his home club (a club with a stronger squad then we do) +his second home side (Arsenal).

If we signed Guardiola then we would have had a chance. The man is a true winner, he knows Spain well and Fabregas would have had assurances of what type of football to expect (although I still think the man would have opted for Alcantara). With Moyes its going to be one steep hill all over the way.

You really do exude happiness devilish.

When do these people every really have a source that actually knows anything more than gossip? I'm not saying that we are totally out of the race but you also have to see the facts, that after already selling Thiago Barca would have to be mad to let another midfielder go without having an option to replace him.

On top of that there has been no signal form Barca that they are willing to commit squad depth suicide and sell him on the contrary their officials have stated more than once that he is not for sale.

The players only statement so far was that he wants to stay at Barca a while back admittedly but so far he has not reversed that statement, not even a "only god knows" comment form his so far.

So imo there are very little indicators to suggest that the deal is very likely to happen and a lot of chances that it's just another full of shit football journo trying to get some attention.

Rooney has not refuted allegations he wants to leave, and that's enough to have effigies burning! (not really)
Why would Fab burn his bridges if it could all fall through?

It shows how much the transfer market has changed that the reported offer of £35 million would be our record ever signing, yet that figure sounds almost too low to be accepted. Amazing really.

It shows how much the transfer market has changed that the reported offer of £35 million would be our record ever signing, yet that figure sounds almost too low to be accepted. Amazing really.

Man City,Chelsea,Liverpool all have bigger record signings than us. On the continent there must be another 5-6 clubs at least. We have never really spent that big on one player.

It's even more amazing when you remember someone spent that level of money on Andy Carroll.

Man City,Chelsea,Liverpool all have bigger record signings than us. On the continent there must be another 5-6 clubs at least. We have never really spent that big on one player.
Two of those English clubs have unlimited funds. The other had Kenny Dalglish making transfer decisions!

Do these stats actually come with you watching some of these games? As a lot of people have already said... he hasn't really fitted in. Im sure Berbatov stats at United looked good too.

He was awful in pretty much every game I saw him play for them. Yes, he was out of position, but good players can play many positions.

He was awful in pretty much every game I saw him play for them. Yes, he was out of position, but good players can play many positions.

That's absurdly over the top. He's been decent for Barca. He's been underwhelming compared to the ridiculously high standard he set at Arsenal. The vast majority of midfielders would be very pleased to have played as often and as well as he has.

That's absurdly over the top. He's been decent for Barca. He's been underwhelming compared to the ridiculously high standard he set at Arsenal. The vast majority of midfielders would be very pleased to have played as often and as well as he has.

How many Barca matches have you seen him play in ?

Thinking about it, I find it incredible that Barcelona (if it has happened) have asked United to drop their interest and, I suppose, act in a 'respectful' manner. This from the same cnuts who harassed Arsenal for nigh-on four years when trying to unsettle Cesc.

cnuts.

We should offer them 60 million quid and then when they accept it pull out claiming it was a typo the office lady made when knocking up the offer

We should offer them 60 million quid and then when they accept it pull out claiming it was a typo the office lady made when knocking up the offer

Definitely something we should consider doing.

Thinking about it, I find it incredible that Barcelona (if it has happened) have asked United to drop their interest and, I suppose, act in a 'respectful' manner. This from the same cnuts who harassed Arsenal for nigh-on four years when trying to unsettle Cesc.

cnuts.

Big time man. feckin hypocrits that shower, same as Real. They even get all their players in on the act too. I see we've been doing a bitta that this summer aswell though - nice one :D

Would be funny if one of our players were asked about a reported target & he just came out & said "hope not - he's shit.."

Do these stats actually come with you watching some of these games? As a lot of people have already said... he hasn't really fitted in. Im sure Berbatov stats at United looked good too.

Berbatov wasn't played out of position. Fabregas has been played in the hole when he's clearly at his best as a central midfielder. Barcelona just dont need to pick him there because of Xavi and Iniesta. He's done more than fine at his role. If we signed him he'd go straight into central midfield and continue playing the role brilliantly as he always did. We wouldnt be using him behind the striker

This has dragged on, and I think we'll call it quits if we don't get him soon. So who after Fab? Modric?

This has dragged on, and I think we'll call it quits if we don't get him soon. So who after Fab? Modric?
Yeah, why not. This thread is only a couple of pages short on the old Modric thread. Once we're done here, we can dig that one up.

If we do sign Fabregas everyone who said 'lol, it won't happen you cocks' or words to that effect - should be section banned.

If we don't all those who said we would should be given a small cash reward to ease the pain

I reckon Rosell wrote something along the lines of "Giz' £40m and I'll pack his belongings myself" in invisible ink on the back of the letter.

The difference between what we're being told in private and noises being publicly made by Barcelona could be contained within three words. 'At that price'

Status
Not open for further replies.