Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guesswork. I bet most of us could come up with that one. Here goes:

£35m rising to £40m with add-ons. Anybody else agree?

If that is the fee, they'll have taken us for an extra £9m (plus add ons) compared to our opening bid, and yet it still feels like the bid would be light.

Can't see that on their website...?

BPziyYHCAAADHjl.jpg

We were willing to pay up to £35 million for Benzema. I can see our bids going a fair bit further for Fabregas

Barca will be making a 9 million profit on him despite his stock dropping quite a bit these last 2 years.

If I was Rosell I'd accept.

30m for Fabregas is a joke. We've spent more for some lazy overrated striker playing for our feeder's club. Not to forget that we're expecting the man to ignore the fact that Xavi is getting old and show the middle finger to his home club (a club with a stronger squad then we do) +his second home side (Arsenal).

If we signed Guardiola then we would have had a chance. The man is a true winner, he knows Spain well and Fabregas would have had assurances of what type of football to expect (although I still think the man would have opted for Alcantara). With Moyes its going to be one steep hill all over the way.

We were willing to pay up to £35 million for Benzema. I can see our bids going a fair bit further for Fabregas

Moyes' quotes today made it sound as though we are nearing the end of our teather. I'm not sure we'll go higher than £35m plus add ons.

If that is the fee, they'll have taken us for an extra £9m (plus add ons) compared to our opening bid, and yet it still feels like the bid would be light.

I think £40 million was always the price to us, a side desperate to fill a hole. I think the first couple of bids were all about building the pressure and awaking the Barca fans to what a hard bargain they have driven.

I still believe they will sell and Cesc will agree terms in a heartbeat. I know I am out on a limb here and I may well have to crawl back into my hole, but I believe he is coming.

The eternal optimist.

I think £40 million was always the price to us, a side desperate to fill a hole. I think the first couple of bids were all about building the pressure and awaking the Barca fans to what a hard bargain they have driven.

I still believe they will sell and Cesc will agree terms in a heartbeat. I know I am out on a limb here and I may well have to crawl back into my hole, but I believe he is coming.

The eternal optimist.

Good man! I hope you're right.

Moyes' quotes today made it sound as though we are nearing the end of our teather. I'm not sure we'll go higher than £35m plus add ons.

Agreed. Cesc would need to push after that point and he probably won't.

Surely we aren't so stupid as to keep upping the bid despite it getting rejected.

We must've surely had some sort of encouragement from Barca and Cesc camps.

The eternal optimist.

Muppet peckers arise, for Fergie's Man is here.

I'm just waiting for the breaking news to flash up that Edward has been arrested for harassment.

Surely we aren't so stupid as to keep upping the bid despite it getting rejected.

We must've surely had some sort of encouragement from Barca and Cesc camps.

I thought that at first but now I believe we are genuinely stupid. It's going to be really embarrassing whoever we get after missing out on Cesc. Stopping and walking away at £35m would make even less sense than this whole charade put together. If we really want him then we'll stop fecking about and offer £40m and take it from there. Top quality players at their peak cost top quality money, we need to realise that.

:lol:

I wonder how restraining order works with transfers in football.

Cops: "You cannot send any more bids to fax machines within 1000 feet of Barca's HQ."

The media will ask what's the update on Cesc and David Moyes will respond with

"Well, Edward has been arrested. I haven't been able to speak to him yet because of the different time zones- I think it's the middle of the night there- however I do believe we are working on a deal to get him out on bail. I should know more in the next day or so."

I thought that at first but now I believe we are genuinely stupid. It's going to be really embarrassing whoever we get after missing out on Cesc. Stopping and walking away at £35m would make even less sense than this whole charade put together. If we really want him then we'll stop fecking about and offer £40m and take it from there. Top quality players at their peak cost top quality money, we need to realise that.

O go cry into a pillow... If we are willing to offer £40m whats stopping Barca upping that price. We want him more than they need to sell and i'm sure they know that.

It could also be argued that Cesc WAS a top quality player as he has played f*ck all since he joined Barca and when he did he was less than impressive.

It'll all fall into place now new manager been appointed.

"We said he wasn't for sale but new coach has evaluated his options and decided to strengthen elsewhere"

It could also be argued that Cesc WAS a top quality player as he has played f*ck all since he joined Barca and when he did he was less than impressive.

Not really true. He's played a forward role and done a decent job creating and scoring goals from there. You're nuts if you think he wouldnt just pick up where he left off in a premier league central midfield

I thought that at first but now I believe we are genuinely stupid.

So moyes is stupid, the equaliser is stupid, and of course, the board, including Fergie and Sir Bobby are stupid too?

Because you are suggesting that all of them are simply going all out for absolutely no reason.

The alternative is of course, the media know precisely jack and shit, and the clubs are negotiating a business deal , trying to find a solution that is beneficial to both parties.

Which is truly more likely do you think?

Except he's actually the only one reporting this story - virtually all other outlets are saying the deal's dead in the water.

The only "news" material he has is the old news from Friday that we have launched an improved bid, that he comes up with different conclusion than most other media outlets is the part where he is thinking that this means we are close to signing him. That's what I call rehashing old stuff and making it sound new by adding a bit of his own "truth" to the topic.

The only "news" material he has is the old news from Friday that we have launched an improved bid, that he comes up with different conclusion than most other media outlets is the part where he is thinking that this means we are close to signing him. That's what I call rehashing old stuff and making it sound new by adding a bit of his own "truth" to the topic.

He could genuinely have a source...?

I believe we are genuinely stupid??? Really? The man that has masterminded our commercial operations to be unparalled amongst our rivals. That same guy is stupid? I would suggest he knows exactly what he is doing.

Such snap, critical judgements without knowing a single thing about what is going on behind the scenes. Surely you would give our club the benefit of the doubt until you have all the information.

It'll all fall into place now new manager been appointed.

"We said he wasn't for sale but new coach has evaluated his options and decided to strengthen elsewhere"

Yep, that will do. I will buy into that. Another Strongbow and I will find a link saying the same.

He's played 60 times and scored 20. Don't know where all this "he never plays and has been disappointing" tripe is coming from.

If we keep making bids we're definitely not being told 'he isn't for sale'.

It does show the mindset of some who are more willing to believe our club is run by a bunch of simpletons as opposed to there simply being a difference between Barcelona's public and private statements.

He has played 96 games for Barca in two years and started 52 of them while scoring 29 goals and contributing 35 assists. While that might not be the most overwhelming stats it's still pretty good especially if you think that he has been played out of position quite regularly.

If we keep making bids we're definitely not being told 'he isn't for sale'.

It does show the mindset of some who are more willing to believe our club is run by a bunch of simpletons as opposed to simply being a difference between Barcelona's public and private statements.

I am genuinely shocked at this lack of faith. I blame the mods for promoting these jokers. ;)

Any doubting Thomas should be sent directly to the noob department.

He's played 60 times and scored 20. Don't know where all this "he never plays and has been disappointing" tripe is coming from.

Do these stats actually come with you watching some of these games? As a lot of people have already said... he hasn't really fitted in. Im sure Berbatov stats at United looked good too.

He could genuinely have a source...?

When do these people every really have a source that actually knows anything more than gossip? I'm not saying that we are totally out of the race but you also have to see the facts, that after already selling Thiago Barca would have to be mad to let another midfielder go without having an option to replace him.

On top of that there has been no signal form Barca that they are willing to commit squad depth suicide and sell him on the contrary their officials have stated more than once that he is not for sale.

The players only statement so far was that he wants to stay at Barca a while back admittedly but so far he has not reversed that statement, not even a "only god knows" comment form his so far.

So imo there are very little indicators to suggest that the deal is very likely to happen and a lot of chances that it's just another full of shit football journo trying to get some attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.