Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
fecking hell Olly :lol:

Cough... snei...cough...jder

Scratch up on your muppeteering, we never made any public advances. It doesn't even look like we really made any sort of approach behind closed doors either.

TBH its abit of a disaster if we bid again and get rejected due to the fact it might put other players off joining us. They'll feel as they were back up options or they might feel that if two players have already rejected us, there isn't that much faith in the new hierarchy. It doesn't reflect well on the clubs reputation to keep making bids public unless there is a big chance of success. Someone like Bale might look at Fabregas and think hmm.. not sure if i want to move now, whereas like a game of Domino's, if Bale sees Fabregas make a move.. he'll be tempted to join up with United's new 'Dream Team'.

My faith in Moyes remains undiminished though, I think if he doesn't get the targets he wants, he'll knuckle down and make us a very attractive prospect next year. At least he's aiming for the right type of players and is aware of what problems we have, that is a major positive compared to Sir Alex with regards to our midfield.

TBH its abit of a disaster if we bid again and get rejected due to the fact it might put other players off joining us. They'll feel as they were back up options or they might feel that if two players have already rejected us, there isn't that much faith in the new hierarchy. It doesn't reflect well on the clubs reputation to keep making bids public unless there is a big chance of success. Someone like Bale might look at Fabregas and think hmm.. not sure if i want to move now, whereas like a game of Domino's, if Bale sees Fabregas make a move.. he'll be tempted to join up with United's new 'Dream Team'.

My faith in Moyes remains undiminished though, I think if he doesn't get the targets he wants, he'll knuckle down and make us a very attractive prospect next year. At least he's aiming for the right type of players and is aware of what problems we have, that is a major positive compared to Sir Alex with regards to our midfield.

Nah, the opportunity to join Manchester United doesn't usually come around twice. You jump at the chance to sign for United if they come in for you, assuming you've reasons to move on.

Could be true, yes. But, BBC's article is currently the most reputable.

BBC are merely rehashing Sport's story - I don't think it's as credible as people are saying.

I've said it loads - I just don't see us going back with another bid if Barca weren't willing to do business. Surely they'd have given us the short thrift after bid number one?

Or is my view just too logical for the transfer world of smoke screens and PR-influenced sagas?

BBC are merely rehashing Sport's story - I don't think it's as credible as people are saying.

I've said it loads - I just don't see us going back with another bid if Barca weren't willing to do business. Surely they'd have given us the short thrift after bid number one?

Or is my view just too logical for the transfer world of smoke screens and PR-influenced sagas?

This.

If the BBC had any other sources then they would state as much. As it is they explicitly say they are copying Spanish media sources.

I remain optimistic that this will happen, probably for just shy of £40m.

Fabregas and possibly Barca too have clearly given the United staff some indication that this deal could happen.

This.

If the BBC had any other sources then they would state as much. As it is they explicitly say they are copying Spanish media sources.

When I logged in, my heart sank, but they pretty much stated straight away that it's based on reports in Spain. Not sure why they opted to give more credence to those reports given that reports here in England from Sky say the opposite - according to their information, this is very much a doable deal.

Over the last week, I've noted a real pessimism over this deal and I think it's rooted in not wanting to get hopes up.

Nah, the opportunity to join Manchester United doesn't usually come around twice. You jump at the chance to sign for United if they come in for you, assuming you've reasons to move on.

Yes but top class players are also looking at CL winners medals and assessing which club is going to be the most successful in Europe as well as balancing their own role within that team. Moyes is a risky prospect for a player as they're not sure what he is capable of and the Wayne Rooney saga isn't helping our aura. We ourselves know that its a promising era in prospect and that we don't mind if Wayne goes cause his performances haven't been all that... but footballers are thick as two planks.

They'll see Rooney leaving and presume that Old Trafford isn't an attractive proposition anymore. It is why we're trying to tie down deals before he leaves.

I don't think we'd have gone with a first bid if he weren't available for a price. Obviously noises have come from Cesc's people, which would explain the initially low bid. Either our new management/CEO team is naive or one of/both of the clubs are playing hard ball.

I have to think that United must have had some encouragement from either Fabregas or Barcelona that a move to United was a good possibility, or we would not have made these bids public. Like you say the risk of a PR disaster or backlash from top transfers targets is too big of a risk to take.

If we bought Fab and sold Rooney we would probably just be even out the score, hopefully. If we bought Fabregas and kept Rooney I would be really excited. I don't think it's too much to ask for if you compare us with other CL squads. It's nothing more than normal!

The only thing is that I think Fabregas is too much of a forward type - some people even go as far as to call him a forward. He's something inbetween. More like a Ljungberg type. He's definitely the kind of calibre you need to have to compete with the likes of Barca, Madrid and Bayern. It's just that simple.

Modric is still my first choice and I'm surprised we haven't heard more of this.

I have to think that United must have had some encouragement from either Fabregas or Barcelona that a move to United was a good possibility, or we would not have made these bids public. Like you say the risk of a PR disaster or backlash from top transfers targets is too big of a risk to take.

It's hardly a public relations disaster, the club haven't kicked a disabled kid out of his wheelchair and then shit on his back, while throwing said wheelchair into a canal. This has nothing to do with PR.

If we get him, if we don't... it is very important the Fans stay very confident in Moyes. Our support in him is key next season and he's shown alot of positives already in my book.

If we bought Fab and sold Rooney we would probably just be even out the score, hopefully. If we bought Fabregas and kept Rooney I would be really excited. I don't think it's too much to ask for if you compare us with other CL squads. It's nothing more than normal!

The only thing is that I think Fabregas is too much of a forward type - some people even go as far as to call him a forward. He's something inbetween. More like a Ljungberg type. He's definitely the kind of calibre you need to have to compete with the likes of Barca, Madrid and Bayern. It's just that simple.

Modric is still my first choice and I'm surprised we haven't heard more of this.

He's only seen as a forward because of where Barcelona/Spain play him. He's best as an orthodox CM imo just not in a team playing tiki-taka.

It's hardly a public relations disaster, the club haven't kicked a disabled kid out of his wheelchair and then shit on his back, while throwing said wheelchair into a canal. This has nothing to do with PR.

If Fabregas stays at Barcelona and denies ever thinking about a move to United, it will hurt the public image of the club, since our pursuit of him has been so public. That in turn will hurt us in attracting other big name targets, who will wonder why Fabregas turned us down.

When I logged in, my heart sank, but they pretty much stated straight away that it's based on reports in Spain. Not sure why they opted to give more credence to those reports given that reports here in England from Sky say the opposite - according to their information, this is very much a doable deal.

Over the last week, I've noted a real pessimism over this deal and I think it's rooted in not wanting to get hopes up.

Certainly at least partly down to that. One only needs to bring up the Sneijder/Hazard/Ozil etc scars, understandable that United's fan base is a bit jaded compared to a Madrid/Bayern/Barca + the billionaire plaything clubs who always seem to be signing various stars.

You have to admit there's also considerable reason for pessimism here though. We are bidding for a player who is on record as saying he has no desire to leave (in May/June I know, but it was in direct response to transfer rumours), who plays for a club who are on record as saying they've no desire to sell. At this point the only indicator that its even possible is that we've made two bids and its reasonable to assume there's a reason for that and the people running United aren't absolute idiots.

So we have a bit of conjecture on one hand, and firm denials from both club and player on the other. I wouldn't even call it pessimism so much as realism.

If Fabregas stays at Barcelona and denies ever thinking about a move to United, it will hurt the public image of the club, since our pursuit of him has been so public. That in turn will hurt us in attracting other big name targets, who will wonder why Fabregas turned us down.

If Fabregas stays at Barcelona, he will obviously deny even thinking about the move... You guys overanalyze everything.

I'm back on board. Just a momentary lapse earlier.

Just give them the 40 mill and be done with it.

It won't and again, that's not PR.

"As I understand it, Ed had a response (to the first offer). We have made a second offer but Ed is dealing with it rather than me."
David Moyes

Can't have been a "feck off!" then.

Our second offer might have been a "stick your Fábregas up your blaugrana arse" type of offer.

Can posts like this just stop? Have you suddenly forgotten that you support Manchester fecking United? If you don't think we have transfer pull by name alone you're high.

That goes for every pessimistic caftard. It's getting way out of hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Are you fecking stupid?
If they've gone back, it is because the rejection wasn't total, and left room for negotiation, you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime!

Not sure if serious, but that's exactly what my post was. I.E 25m? You'll have to do better than that.

Leaving room for negotiation, you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime!

Can posts like this just stop? Have you suddenly forgotten that you support Manchester fecking United? If you don't think we have transfer pull by name alone you're high.

That goes for every pessimistic caftard. It's getting way out of hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm afraid when it comes to world class established player, not as much pull as we used to have

I'm afraid when it comes to world class established player, not as much pull as we used to have

We can attract established players. We never signed "world class established players" from other big clubs.

frazer.jpg

Relegation could be a factor, top players look for CL football + a chance at winning trophies + Money and unfortunately we can't offer anything playing in the championship.

We're entering new territory and that's fine. It would be easy for Moyes to go for 'safe' transfers but the club clearly want Fabregas. Most other big clubs who have more experience of these types of transfer, sometimes miss out too. So it's not a given it will work but that doesn't mean it was wrong. We need to be sensible. I think we'll probably bid one more time but hopefully the feckers signed by the end of the week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.