Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we go up to 37m rising to 40m with add-ons should do it. If it's not, Cabaye and Fellaini will make me a happy man as well

If we could get permission to play 12 men, I agree that would be roughly equivalent.

I don't see Juve look for a back up for Pirlo.. Xavi's got a good 3 years in him.

Maybe but I think he has already declined over the last 2 years and while he is still a good player he is not as dominant anymore as he was a few years back.

On top of that think about it, if Xavi gets injured they have no one to cover for him during a longer phase.

Martino is being confirmed by Spanish press as new Barça manager, let's see what happens. He might ask for a new strong CB as soon as possible. Let's see what happens.

Just because most of our transfer negotiations usually are much less publicised, doesn't mean this stuff hasn't always gone on, just that we didn't know about it.

Have patience lads.

Martino is being confirmed by Spanish press as new Barça manager, let's see what happens. He might ask for a new strong CB as soon as possible. Let's see what happens.

That is a really strange appointment. feckin' hipster club.

Deportivo is reporting that Tata Martino is one step closer towards becoming new Barcelona coach. Luis Enrique is out of the race because he has just signed a new contract with Celta Vigo.

That is a really strange appointment. feckin' hipster club.

Hehe, yeah. He's the new Bielsa, though, isn't he? His record is pretty good, won the league in Argentina last month and did a fine job with the Paraguay national team, most seem to agree.

So is he signed yet? We don't seem to be making any progress on this one and frankly as we stand do seem a little short on options. One still gets the feeling that United as a club could still do better than having a protracted pursuit of a player whose club just doesn't seem interested in contemplating an exchange beyond the realm of economic reality. I am worried that we do appear to have placed our all of our eggs on one basket.

In as an excellent a player Fabregas is, I still don't think he will provide what we have lacked in the past, that is dynamism in the middle of the park. We need box to box and defensive midfielders and I don't think Fabregas offers that. He excelled at Arsenal when playing alongside guys who freed him of his defensive and positional duties and we already have what he offers in Kagawa and Rooney. Moyes and Woodward need to shun this apparent need to sign a big name and focus on signing the right players, ones that we are so desperately short of.

Or not for sale means exactly what it says. Cesc isn't pushing for the move so it's game over.

So we go to £30m and Moyes says that might be his last bid, and then Barcelona tell us to feck off again.

I can't ever imagine that this was a serious bid on our behalf if we really aren't willing to go beyond £30m for him.

So apparently Barcelona have actually written to United to tell us to stop bidding. This isn't an "up your bid and we'll talk" job, it's a "stop fecking pestering us you retards" job. Embarrassing.

Embarrassing because the big Spanish two do it to others and can't hack it when it's getting done to them or embarrassing because we can't take the hint? -_-

I don't think it's embarrassing at all. We should put in another five bids for Fabregas, simultaneously, with each one just £1 million higher than the last.

So apparently Barcelona have actually written to United to tell us to stop bidding. This isn't an "up your bid and we'll talk" job, it's a "stop fecking pestering us you retards" job. Embarrassing.
Who says they have written to United?

He doesn't want to leave it seems and I hope we are not the ones who have made our bids public because that would be a PR disaster unless we were absolutely sure we would get him. If we do not and we sign someone else they will always be tagged with 'Fabregas first choice, you were second'.

So both the president and vice-president have told us to feck off. I thought we must surely have been receiving positive signals from the Barca camp or something but it appears not.

Madrid offered 50 millions for Vidal. We could sign Modric if that's true.

Which should be the price to bid if we are really serious about bringing Fabregas in. £25 million was way too low for a player that doesn't want to leave and for a club with no real desire to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.