Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the common sense view I think. The alternative view is that we're doing it as a PR stunt to appease fans. Take your pick!

We are doing this because Woodward enjoys CAF muppetry especially Olly's gifs. It's all Olly's fault.

Sport of course have an exemplary record this summer of accurately reporting transfers involving Manchester United and Barcelona

*coughs*

What a surprise. We should bid £45-50 million to get him but we won't. One more £35-40 million offer to get rejected from us.

Sky claiming a decision on the second bid will not be made by Barcelona until their new manager is appointed. Roman's good friends with Hiddink, isn't he? :(

What a surprise. We should bid £45-50 million to get him but we won't. One more £35-40 million offer to get rejected from us.

He's not worth £50m. So bidding that amount would be ridiculous.

Sky claiming a decision on the second bid will not be made by Barcelona until their new manager is appointed. Roman's good friends with Hiddink, isn't he? :(

As if Hiddink would make Fabs decision on which club to join, particularly out of two teams from a foreign country.

So news of the bid is reported by reputable sources - Manchester United themselves, BBC, Sky.

The rejection? Just some low-rent tabloid has the scoop on that?

Seems legit.

Doesn't really matter what the manager thinks with the Spanish clubs. They're not the ones doing the buying and selling of players. Its the directors of football that deal with that. Essentially the managers are just employed as coaches. So Hiddink coming in will not change the prospect of any club at all...

Sport of course have an exemplary record this summer of accurately reporting transfers involving Manchester United and Barcelona

*coughs*

No source quoted at all. They just state it as a fact and say it was reported to be 35m according to the British Press.

He's not worth £50m. So bidding that amount would be ridiculous.

No it wouldn't. It's the price of world class players these days. A decent midfielder like Fellaini or Cabaye would cost £20 million. Fabregas is easily worth £50 million to our team considering our need for a world class CM.

As if Hiddink would make Fabs decision on which club to join, particularly out of two teams from a foreign country.

I think he was getting at Hiddink doing his old mate a favour by trying to block the transfer.

What is the average age in here?

There's a Barcastuff twit saying it has been rejected. So which is which?

SPORT are claiming it's been rejected. Sky are claiming no decision will be made until a manager is appointed. You can believe the more positive outlook, if you like? :)

Really think its over. I still had hope if Barcelona had appointed within again. But noway will Hiddink sanction this deal.

It is 100% game over

Really think its over. I still had hope if Barcelona had appointed within again. But noway will Hiddink sanction this deal.

It is 100% game over

Why not just wait until an actual decision is made before filling the thread with negativity. You know absolutely nothing to back up your assertion.

It's gonna fecking happen. My spidey-sense is tingling big time.

Perhaps it's not my spidey-sense though.

Sorry on the back of the story in 'Sport' people think the bid has actually been rejected?

That's hilarious.

Why not just wait until an actual decision is made before filling the thread with negativity. You know absolutely nothing to back up your assertion.

Too right!

I would hate to go into battle with half these chumps. They can't be British.

This was never going to be a straightforward easy move to make, for a number of reasons.

I still believe there must have been some sort of a positive reaction from either Barcelona or Fabregas. There is a genuine necessity for a midfielder and I don't think Moyes, in his first season here, would be throwing around futile bids as to appease the fans.

Also, I see us spending big on Fabregas. I think he'll potentially be our record signing, which may hold some appeal to him.

What kind of nuthead would offer £30m for a player like Fabregas in todays market? Barcelona told us to feck off and we raised the bid by £4m??? Embarrassing.

If we were serious we would had offered £45m! An established player like Fabregas, at an age of 26... I mean, just look at the money being spent these days. They could easily get the double from City or PSG if they just sent an email telling them there is a chance to buy.

Either way, they don't feck around and get it done. Martinez, Gotze and Thiago are testament to this. The presidents comments about 3 or 4 million being inconsequential in the grand scheme of things further proves this point IMO.

This has some fruit to it. We have f*cked about on countless transfers over the years and missed out trying to get too much of a good price, then someone comes along and says boom extra £5m and suddenly all negotiations with us are finished.

Ronaldinho, Hazard, just two of them with a fair degree of certainty that we actually were interested and not just rumours, e.g. Sneijder whom we never heard anything concrete about to suggest we were interested!

This was never going to be a straightforward easy move to make, for a number of reasons.

I still believe there must have been some sort of a positive reaction from either Barcelona or Fabregas. There is a genuine necessity for a midfielder and I don't think Moyes, in his first season here, would be throwing around futile bids as to appease the fans.

That's the key. I just don't see us fecking around on bids we have no chance of being successful with. There's simply no benefit to it. People who say we're doing this for PR are talking out their arses - how can it be good PR if it's doomed to failure?

What kind of nuthead would offer £30m for a player like Fabregas in todays market? Barcelona told us to feck off and we raised the bid by £4m??? Embarrassing.

If we were serious we would had offered £45m! An established player like Fabregas, at an age of 26... I mean, just look at the money being spent these days. They could easily get the double from City or PSG if they just sent an email telling them there is a chance to buy.

If you're prepared to pay that much, you make it your last bid, not your first!

I still think you're a WUM account.

Moyes will not bid to appease the fans simply because just bidding will not appease the fans.

You really think should we not sign Cesc the fans will say "Ah atleast we tried!".

Okay, so Sport's story has been accepted as gospel then?

I don't get the standards around here. BBC, Sky etc - "bullshit, won't happen"

Notoriously inaccurate tabloid newspaper - fact.

I wish you were in charge of the club, we'd get all the best signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.