Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I just find so weird is that twice now we've openly admitted to making bids and it being headlined on the official website that we did. This is different compared to how we've handled transfers in the past. Sure there were rumours in the past but SAF seldom gave away any official confirmation until a deal was done or were not interested in player anymore. Strange. Very strange.

I said Barca officials:

“We can assure you that we won’t listen to any offers for Cesc. It is not an option. Cesc is non-transferable,” Bartomeu said.
Its interesting that Moyes today said " We have had a response" (with respect to the first offer). Would we be going back with a bigger offer if it was a no chance effort?

Can't help but feel that out of all transfer sagas we've witnessed over the years, this is by far the most pointless.

Its interesting that Moyes today said " We have had a response" (with respect to the first offer). Would we be going back with a bigger offer if it was a no chance effort?

I've been told to feck off by plenty of women, hasn't stopped me trying again and again.

Of course, the end result was usually me on my own at 3am with a mopey face so that's probably not the best example...

Yes, but did you end up signing them?

I've been told to feck off by plenty of women, hasn't stopped me trying again and again.

Of course, the end result was usually me on my own at 3am with a mopey face so that's probably not the best example...
I dont know, sounds like a pretty good example, we could all end up with mopey faces round here soon.

So the correct correlation would be we were told they won't sell and he's not interest and we thought 'feck it' and told the world's media?

Oh okay.

I guess we think they'll be willing to sell if we offer enough money so they can buy Thiago Silva. I want Fabregas has much as anyone on here. I think he would be the perfect signing. But I'm confused why Fabregas' own comments and those of their VP's are taken so lightly. Its as though the Rooney situation here has rubbed off over in Spain. Call me naive but if the VP and the player are saying he won't be leaving them I'm believing them. Maybe I'm wrong though, they could badly want Thiago Silva and really be short on cash and hope that they get a good 30-35mil for Fabregas so they can sign him.

As an aside there seem to be information/crap from the media overload when it comes to transfers these days. From one day to the next each and every transfer target of the top European clubs seems to be staying, then going, then staying again, then signing a new contract, etc. Would be interesting to know what is actually said at boardroom level about these transfers, not just hear say from anonymous sources.

I'm starting to think Laporta is pushing us info that Cesc wants to leave or would leave in hopes that it will screw over Rosell even more than he already has been...

He's a good player but we should not go any higher than this, we should not be held to ransom!

Nah, feck that we need a midfielder and that much is obvious to other football club's. It does't put us in the strongest negotiation position, coupled with the fact Moyes stated there was no budget. The midfielder we sign, will likely be for a high fee.

He's a good player but we should not go any higher than this, we should not be held to ransom!

Out of interest what do you plan to do with the money if we don't spend it on Fabregas?

It's been made public that we've made two bids but, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been made public that they rejected the first offer. Is it possible this means that Barca showed that they were willing to negotiate?

It's been made public that we've made two bids but, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been made public that they rejected the first offer. Is it possible this means that Barca showed that they were willing to negotiate?

Most likely. What we know is that we've made a first bid and the response we got from that lead us to make a second bid. Everything else is just public bravado/positioning using the media. As is par for the course in transfer sagas that people should be used to by now.

If those exact words have been communicated to United officials do you really think they'd be pissing about and carry on bidding?

It's no easy transfer but I'd be pretty shocked if we'd carry on bidding for a player when told directly by his current club that he is non-transferable and 100% not for sale. I'd be astounded by that, and it'd certainly have me questioning the ability of the hierarchy who are involved in transfer dealings.
You're missing my point. I don't think United are bidding just for the sake of it. What these people say in the press and say to us, could be completely different.

However, people are saying Barca haven't denied reports that Cesc could leave, when they have, categorically, numerous times.

David Moyes said: " My understanding is that Ed's had a response and he's spoken with them, and that Ed has made a second offer..."

If Woodward is in dialogue with them, and they told him to feck off, he wouldn't be making a second bid. Doesn't make sense imo.

David Moyes said: " My understanding is that Ed's had a response and he's spoken with them, and that Ed has made a second offer..."

If Woodward is in dialogue with them, and they told him to feck off, he wouldn't be making a second bid. Doesn't make sense imo.

In WoodLand "feck off" means "come make second bid".

The obvious answer is that the language barrier is a problem; so when Barca say "feck off in Spanish," Ed thinks they're saying "Give us more money."

Something in the dialogue must have made us feel it'd be worth making a second bid.

You're missing my point. I don't think United are bidding just for the sake of it. What these people say in the press and say to us, could be completely different.

However, people are saying Barca haven't denied reports that Cesc could leave, when they have, categorically, numerous times.

Really? I haven't read any reputable source claiming that. If you refer to that SPORT article, they are full of shit. Nothing on their official website either. In contrast, they said they'd count on Sergi Roberto and look to bring in a CB. The one source that has been right about everything so far in this saga is Sky Sports and they claim that Barcelona are indeed willing to listen.

Something in the dialogue must have made us feel it'd be worth making a second bid.

Of course. Despite the people telling us not to believe such 'conspiracies' and instead it's far more likely we're doing this as a smoke screen to hope nobody notices the Rooney situation. In a move that'd be as skilful in it's deception as Basil Fawlty's attempts to not mention the war.

Do people think his signing would place us as favourites to retain our title?

I think so as far as squads go. It'll be between us and Chelsea IMO with City not far behind. I still think we need another top class winger though.

Do people think his signing would place us as favourites to retain our title?

Right now, yes. I don't think City and Chelsea have done enough to make them much better than last season when they were a way off us in terms of points. It'll definitely be a closer race, but the addition of Fabregas, promoting a few youngsters, and maybe another decent signing (left winger) would definitely see us as favourites. Just with Fabregas though, I think we'd be favourites, however slight.

Either way. Barca first said that Fabregas is not for sale... I doubt that a change of manager and another £4-5million has changed their stance on this, unless of course it wasn't their stance in the first place, which it isn't. This deal has a very real chance of coming through, I don't quite understand why people are writing it out so easily. If we don't get him, ah well, we'll have to look elsewhere for available talent (of which there probably isn't that much available)...

Can any of the Muppets get their kid to hold up a "Moyes: Please sign Cesc" sign?

It may make all the difference.

Really? I haven't read any reputable source claiming that. If you refer to that SPORT article, they are full of shit. Nothing on their official website either. In contrast, they said they'd count on Sergi Roberto and look to bring in a CB. The one source that has been right about everything so far in this saga is Sky Sports and they claim that Barcelona are indeed willing to listen.
I posted the quote from ESPN on the previous page.
There have been others besides.

I think so as far as squads go. It'll be between us and Chelsea IMO with City not far behind. I still think we need another top class winger though.

Chelsea's squad is inferior to ours, clearly IMO.

Chelsea's squad is inferior to ours, clearly IMO.

Sorry I meant as far as squads go (we will be the favourites). (But) it'll be between us and Chelsea (in terms of bookies favourites, thanks to the Mourinho factor) and City won't be far behind.

Perfect player to fix a problem we've had for going on 5 years and you'd lose him over £5-10m? WHO THE feck CARES if it's £38m instead of £30m? It doesn't make a difference in the end so long as we get the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.