Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simplest thing would be for Barca & the player to publicly state that there'll be no transfer. Neither party has done this despite massive media coverage and United's public statements about bids; so, is it any wonder that United are still pursuing the player?

It's that simple, there would be absolutely no reason for any further talks if Barcelona were genuinely adamant that they want to keep him.

Seems the decision will be made after a new manager is in place which is the only stumbling block after the price now.

You have to be seriously messed up by other transfer 'sagas' to believe that United would carry on making offers for a player they've been told isn't for sale, especially because we seem to have a decent relationship with Barcelona.

Signing and a new contract?

Result!

If that was the case I'd rather our interest in Fabregas got him a new contract at Barca and Rooney was signing for someone else.

Yes. They do. Of course you do. It's common fecking sense. Getting the green light from the agent first at least. Why would you bid for a player who you hadn't sounded out first?

What'd be the point of that?

There's a difference between getting the green light from just the agent and not the club. The agent has nothing to lose from drumming up demand for his client.

When have we ever offered players + cash in exchange deals? We just don't operate like that, suggesting Vida goes is lunacy too, he is our leader and best defender, why cash in on him? Poor post.

See my later post - sooner or later Vidic's contirbution will diminish particularly as Jones and Evans progress. There is far more to it than "Vidic is our leader."

It would be highly unconventional, but not inconceivable.

I'm still convinced that Barca aren't shutting this down because they're hoping that we are desperate enough to overpay, and they're not so attached to Fabregas that they wouldn't take a big bung for him. Fabregas doesn't want to move, but wouldn't stay if he felt he was unwanted/unneeded. So if Barca accept a bid he'd probably be willing to listen to the offer. And United suspect all of this, whether because someone's told them so or not, hence the continued pursuit.

But I still think Barca's idea of 'a big bung of cash' will be more than we're willing to pay. Maybe, just maybe, there might be overlap around the £40mil mark.

There's a difference between getting the green light from just the agent and not the club. The agent has nothing to lose from drumming up demand for his client.

Of course he doesn't but it would be incompetence in the extreme to go public with a bid twice if all we had was a mischievous agent trying to drum up interest in his client.

Further, the unusual mention of add-ons instead of the normal transfer jargon (cash only/cash plus player etc etc) suggests that the clubs are at the stage of negotiating the fine details of a move; it's a lot more specific than the norm.

It's that simple, there would be absolutely no reason for any further talks if Barcelona were genuinely adamant that they want to keep him.

Seems the decision will be made after a new manager is in place which is the only stumbling block after the price now.

You have to be seriously messed up by other transfer 'sagas' to believe that United would carry on making offers for a player they've been told isn't for sale, especially because we seem to have a decent relationship with Barcelona.

Further, the unusual mention of add-ons instead of the normal transfer jargon (cash only/cash plus player etc etc) suggests that the clubs are at the stage of negotiating the fine details of a move; it's a lot more specific than the norm.

Stop doing this to me. If I start believing and the move won't happen... I'll hunt you down and put you down like you deserve. I warned you. Both of you.

OK so if we got the green light from the agent, that's half the hard work done.

Now, every club has a valuation for a player, despite not wanting to sell, ours was £80m for Ronaldo after Ronaldo had given the green light to Madrid.

What is Barcelona's price for Cesc? Well, considering they have just paid £50m for Neymar and they still have problems in the centre of defense, is it really that much of a surprise that they might want to raise £40m+ somehow? What better way than to sell one of your most valuable assets in a position you are comfortable in and on top of that a player that isn't fitting into the system as well as first hoped? It really isn't as impossible as people are making out.

See my later post - sooner or later Vidic's contirbution will diminish particularly as Jones and Evans progress. There is far more to it than "Vidic is our leader."

It would be highly unconventional, but not inconceivable.

It would be pointless. We have the money to buy Fabregas outright if he's available. We can pay Barca the sort of price which would then let them get Thiago Silva or Luiz or someone like that. So why get rid of our best defender, who still looks to have at least a season or two of top-level defending in him, and who is one of the foundations of our dressing room?

People need to get their heads around the fact that we are a financial powerhouse. We can't go all Madrid and buy five top players a season, overpaying for all of them. But nor are we a Spurs or Dortmund, needing to 'cash in' on our top players at the right time, or to negotiate tricky player swap deals because we don't have the money for a straight purchase.

Just out of interest and it may well happen, would you all prefer to buy Fabregas for 40m or a Fellaini and Cabaye duo for the same price?

Fabregas doesn't want to leave and has said so publicly on a few occasions. People seem to be making the incorrect correlation that because we are bidding for him he must be interested and so must Barca.

So the correct correlation would be we were told they won't sell and he's not interest and we thought 'feck it' and told the world's media?

Oh okay.

Fabregas doesn't want to leave and has said so publicly on a few occasions. People seem to be making the incorrect correlation that because we are bidding for him he must be interested and so must Barca.

Sources have been leaking a lot of information to Sky and some of that has been confirmed to be correct by United. Woodward back to England, the first and second bids. Also leaked to Sky was the information that Fabregas would be open to the move to United if Barca wanted to sell. If Barca agree a price with us, it means they want to sell.

Just out of interest and it may well happen, would you all prefer to buy Fabregas for 40m or a Fellaini and Cabaye duo for the same price?

Not even a competition that. Fabregas all day every day. Even if only to see Piers Morgan go into complete meltdown.

Oh come on. You might as well ask if we wanted a Barcelona beach house for €1 million or a million cardboard boxes for €1 each.

The main stumbling blocks are:

1) The new manager might want him central to the team (which wouldn't surprise me as a fed line from Rosell). But hopefully it's a manager who knows he might have come through the youth teams at Barcelona but he's not suited to that style of play.

2) The price. I've a feeling it'll take over £40m to get them to agree to anything, but this is only going to come into play should the new manager not see him as a key player.

1) The new manager might want him central to the team (which wouldn't surprise me as a fed line from Rosell). But hopefully it's a manager who knows he might have come through the youth teams at Barcelona but he's not suited to that style of play.

2) The price. I've a feeling it'll take over £40m to get them to agree to anything, but this is only going to come into play should the new manager not see him as a key player.

The new manager will not break up the Xavi-Iniesta duo. That's just not going to happen.

Massive amounts of selective reading going on here.
People have been saying Barca won't come out and put an end to the speculation. By my reckoning, Barca officials have stated about 3 times now that the transfer is not happening.

:rolleyes:

Ok, I give in.

Again I don't see it happening. Make no sense at all, anyone thinking we've made a bid and therefore Fabregas would join us is either too naive, or just too desperate.

Massive amounts of selective reading going on here.
People have been saying Barca won't come out and put an end to the speculation. By my reckoning, Barca officials have stated about 3 times now that the transfer is not happening.

Barcelona haven't said anything at all.

Again I don't see it happening. Make no sense at all, anyone thinking we've made a bid and therefore Fabregas would join us is either too naive, or just too desperate.

Yeah makes no sense. A club trying to buy a player. On a Monday of all days for feck sake? Complete shambles.

OK so if we got the green light from the agent, that's half the hard work done.

Now, every club has a valuation for a player, despite not wanting to sell, ours was £80m for Ronaldo after Ronaldo had given the green light to Madrid.

What is Barcelona's price for Cesc? Well, considering they have just paid £50m for Neymar and they still have problems in the centre of defense, is it really that much of a surprise that they might want to raise £40m+ somehow? What better way than to sell one of your most valuable assets in a position you are comfortable in and on top of that a player that isn't fitting into the system as well as first hoped? It really isn't as impossible as people are making out.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just disagreeing with people who think getting encouraged to put a bid in means the transfer will inevitably happen. It's quite possible they might stand firm and decided he's not for sale at any price or we stop bidding at a certain figure.

I'm sure Cesc would love a show of love and support like that. May be that's what his agents been playing at; to see how much Barcelona really value him.

what do we really think the chance of getting Fabregas is?
10 being 100% yes and 1 being Zero chance

I think it is maybe a 3 or 4.

Despite the obvious flaws already highlighted in this system, I'll say:

2 - only the idea that we wouldn't have gone into this without some encouragement stops me from going straight to 1. I can't see a logical case from any angle for this to happen, but still I refresh this thread regularly... waiting... waiting and hoping... :angel:

The people who run this club aren't stupid. They wouldn't carry on making formal offers if there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

There has to be some small chance of something, United pride themselves on doing things the right way. That includes not pissing off colleagues throughout the world with pointless bids for players who aren't open to leaving.

For every time a club president says he's not for sale you have to remember all the occasions where announcements like that are empty and void. I remember Cristiano Ronaldo saying he was going to stay, I'll just throw that out there. Those words came out of his mouth on LIVE TV.

Anyone that think we just go in blindly with the bids without speaking to Cesc himself is an idiot.

I don't believe United would have maintained their interest had they been informed Fabregas wasn't for sale at all.

New Manager's press conference:

"We heard you are interested in signing keeping Thaigo Fabregas, is this true?"

"I want Thaigo Fabregas. Thaigo Fabregas is the only player I want to sign keep, it's Thaigo Fabregas or no one. I have asked Bayern Barcelona to keep him, I don't know what will happen. I have asked Rummenigge Rosell and Sammer Bartomeu about him and we will see then, I don't think signing keeping (another midfielder) will be a problem, I spoke to club about my concept and told them why I want[/S]

Thaigo Fabregas is the only player I want, that’s what I told them"

The new manager may be a formality stumbling block. I can see Barcelona not wanting to be seen to accept a bid until they've at least formally appointed someone. In reality I don't think the next or previous manager would have much of an actual say beyond polite consultancy.

Yeah makes no sense. A club trying to buy a player. On a Monday of all days for feck sake? Complete shambles.
There's choice for everything, one can keep on over-analysis something which may not even exist, or just use common sense and move on.

I'm getting tired of this transfer window now. It's up and down, up and down, up and down. I'm done with it.

Whoever we sign, I'll be happy. Not because I'm desperate, but I've just reached the stage that I just totally trust Moyes' judgement now. It would be insanely good to sign Fabregas - would be an awesome signing for him.

Just let the season start now!

This has got to be the worse year for Naysayers ever. I can understand people arguing whether a player would suit us or not, but I cannot for the life of me understand people that argue that what is happening, cannot happen. We are bidding for the transfer of Fabregas, fully believing that he wants to play for us. Now, if this was Bale and we were dealing with the likes of Levy, I would have my doubts.

They can say what they like, Fabregas became surplus to requirement when Neymar was purchased. Tito believed in him, but Tito is gone.

Our new management are trying harder than any other team to make what seemed impossible, happen. So many of you are in denial, possibly based on the assumption that we failed to get Thiago.

I have never known a bunch like it, that are prepared to jump on the easy bandwagon of "It will never happen".

Have some belief.

I said Barca officials:

“We can assure you that we won’t listen to any offers for Cesc. It is not an option. Cesc is non-transferable,” Bartomeu said.
If those exact words have been communicated to United officials do you really think they'd be pissing about and carry on bidding?

It's no easy transfer but I'd be pretty shocked if we'd carry on bidding for a player when told directly by his current club that he is non-transferable and 100% not for sale. I'd be astounded by that, and it'd certainly have me questioning the ability of the hierarchy who are involved in transfer dealings.

Status
Not open for further replies.