Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be worse. We could agree a fee, but Arsenal exercise their first refusal clause and he ends up back at Arsenal

This would really be a travesty if it happened, we do all the hard negotiating work & Arse can just waltz in & pay the fee.

I doubt it would stand up in court tbh, it's unfair competition, as I have stated before.

It's all very well if Barcelona want to sell him & give Arse first refusal before putting him on the open market, but if they keep publicly saying he's not for sale, finally agree the best fee they can get from us & then Arse are able to casually step in & steal him from under our noses. That's not right & I doubt it's legal.

This would really be a travesty if it happened, we do all the hard negotiating work & Arse can just waltz in & pay the fee.

I doubt it would stand up in court tbh, it's unfair competition, as I have stated before.

It's all very well if Barcelona want to sell him & give Arse first refusal before putting him on the open market, but if they keep publicly saying he's not for sale, finally agree the best fee they can get from us & then Arse are able to casually step in & steal him from under our noses. That's not right & I doubt it's legal.

The £25m thing is complete horseshit. But even if it was, there's not a chance of it happening. Arsenal can't spend £25m on one single player.

How is it not legal? Certain clubs having first option on certain players is nothing new, those kinds of agreements have been part of football for a long time. It's just part of the deal the two clubs made when they agreed the transfer of Fábregas in 2011.

Besides, we're not talking about a car or a piece of land here but a human being. If Fábregas doesn't want to go to Arsenal then whether they have first refusal or not is totally irrelevant.

There's alot of fear that we'll end up with just Fellaini, but I think it would be a good summer if we got both Fellaini AND Fabregas. If we played 4-3-3 with a midfield of Carrick, Fabregas and Fellaini, I think that would be pretty great. Fellaini isn't a desired number 1 target, but I think he'd still improve our squad, just not to the extent we are hoping (i.e. Thiago, Fabregas etc.)

Fellaini and Fabregas would be a great summer. Those two players would offer us everything we are missing in the engine room. With those two added we would have a superbly diverse set of midfielders, each with varying styles of play.

Options options options!

People need to get used to the fact that Arsenal are going to have more money available from this summer onwards. The financial stuff is coming together for them finally. If the Suarez bid is anything to go on, this could well manifest itself in a much more ambitious transfer policy.

How is it not legal? Certain clubs having first option on certain players is nothing new, those kinds of agreements have been part of football for a long time. It's just part of the deal the two clubs made when they agreed the transfer of Fábregas in 2011.

Besides, we're not talking about a car or a piece of land here but a human being. If Fábregas doesn't want to go to Arsenal then whether they have first refusal or not is totally irrelevant.

Are we still talking about this clause.

If Fabregas wants to go to Arsenal and Barca want rid of him and Arsenal want him, then the clause comes into play.

If Fabregas wants to go to Arsenal and Barca want rid of him and Arsenal want him, then the clause comes into play.

Yes, and that has just about zero relevance to what I said. But okay.

Yep, I think they will be similar to United in that if the right player is available, as with Suarez, then they will spend £30 million plus. More likely we will see them spending in the 20-30 bracket for key/first team players, a bit like City have this summer.

Does this mean that it can not happen now? Or can they still potentially step in if we agree a fee with Barca?

Maybe the reason they keep reiterating he's not for sale & Fabregas is saying nothing is to avoid this possibility?

Does this mean that it can not happen now? Or can they still potentially step in if we agree a fee with Barca?

Maybe the reason they keep reiterating he's not for sale & Fabregas is saying nothing is to avoid this possibility?

Wenger spent 3 weeks on the contract.

I don't know what's there, but there's something in it.

If Arsenal match our bid, Barca are bound to accept. Its then upto Fabregas to decide where he wants to go. Where's the confusion?

It's bizarre that people think Fabregas wants to move back to Arsenal having wanting to leave them in the first place himself, truly bizarre

It's just "interest". That article doesn't states with quotes whether there is a bid or not.

But that's not the point. What I meant was that I very much doubt whether Arsene is willing to pay that high an amount for anyone.

The Beeb doesn't post rumour. Quotes or no quotes, if they say Arsenal made a £30mil bid, you can be pretty confident that it happened.

It's bizarre that people think Fabregas wants to move back to Arsenal having wanting to leave them in the first place himself, truly bizarre

I agree with this. If Cesc is going make decisions based on sentiment then i'm sure he'd just stay at Barca?

Basically, if things are to be believed, Arsenal can buy him back at £25m, once they agree to sell him to anyone for any fee.

So if we come and offer £35m, and Barca accept, IF Arsenal decide to offer £25m, and Cesc chooses them, they HAVE to the sell him at £25m. This could be one of the reasons it appears to be taking an age. If Barca play hardball with us, only to get a decent fee, IF Cesc wants to go to Arsenal, they can come and get him at the original £25m we offered.

If Cesc doesn't want to go to Arsenal, it doesn't matter what they do, and he can leave to the highest bidder.

Fabregas to Arsenal is a non-starter. Whether the fans want to admit it or not Arsenal are no longer in the same bracket as Barcelona and Manchester United. Best part of a decade without success does that to you.

I don't think Arsenal will spend anything. I think they can only spend after recouping some funds through player sales. The last few years they've been able to do this through the sale of Song, RVP, Fabregas and Nasri. This year it's been decided that they should retain the status quo (or there's no viable interest) so their squad will be maintained as it is without significant investment. Maybe a £7m signing or two. I don't think it's any coincidence that the players Arsenal have been linked with so far this summer are those they've never stood much of a chance of getting. It's done to prove 'we could spend if we wanted to'. In my opinion anyway

How many more times are we gonna hear 'I'm expecting new information within the next couple of days, hopefully it's positive' over the rest of the transfer window?

It's just "interest". That article doesn't states with quotes whether there is a bid or not.

But that's not the point. What I meant was that I very much doubt whether Arsene is willing to pay that high an amount for anyone.

Agreed. If you look at his history in the transfer market, even most of his 'bigger' signings have been only around the 12- 16 million bracket. He's never really splashed out for a player, as we did with the likes of Berbatov, RVP and Rooney.

That's exactly why I find it laughable that Arsenal are consistently linked with big players, for big money every summer. It's just not going to happen.

Basically, if things are to be believed, Arsenal can buy him back at £25m, once they agree to sell him to anyone for any fee.

So if we come and offer £35m, and Barca accept, IF Arsenal decide to offer £25m, and Cesc chooses them, they HAVE to the sell him at £25m. This could be one of the reasons it appears to be taking an age. If Barca play hardball with us, only to get a decent fee, IF Cesc wants to go to Arsenal, they can come and get him at the original £25m we offered.

If Cesc doesn't want to go to Arsenal, it doesn't matter what they do, and he can leave to the highest bidder.

From what I understand this is wrong and based on wishful thinking from Arsenal fans.

I don't think Arsenal will spend anything. I think they can only spend after recouping some funds through player sales. The last few years they've been able to do this through the sale of Song, RVP, Fabregas and Nasri. This year it's been decided that they should retain the status quo (or there's no viable interest) so their squad will be maintained as it is without significant investment. Maybe a £7m signing or two. I don't think it's any coincidence that the players Arsenal have been linked with so far this summer are those they've never stood much of a chance of getting. It's done to prove 'we could spend if we wanted to'. In my opinion anyway

This is basically just wrong. Arsenal's financial situation is starting to tip, finally. It's been fairly widely reported that they have more funds available than in recent years, and that's only going to improve over the next few seasons.

Not saying they have a chance in hell of getting Cesc, just pointing out that your view of their transfer funds is a bit out of date.

Even if Arsenal were willing to pay between £20 - £30m on players, I highly doubt Cesc is in their plans, and also doubt they would drop their plans if it was confirmed Cesc is available. Spending £25m on an area they are well stocked in, instead of spending it on the striker they desperately need would get them nowhere.

I don't think we will get him personally. I would like to think we do our due diligence and actually agree with the player beforehand but unfortunately I am not confident in it.

Arsenal also getting in on the appeasement of fans through futile bidding act then.

Sheesh!

I don't think they do bid at all that's the thing. I think they just link themselves with players who they know fans think they should be in for as a way of showing them they could be in for them if they wanted to be. It's a smokescreen that isn't new to this year. They'll invest if they've recouped significant funds but not other than that. This year they've recouped barely peanuts so that'll reflect what they'll spend. All remains to be seen of course.

This is basically just wrong. Arsenal's financial situation is starting to tip, finally. It's been fairly widely reported that they have more funds available than in recent years, and that's only going to improve over the next few seasons.

Not saying they have a chance in hell of getting Cesc, just pointing out that your view of their transfer funds is a bit out of date.

It's widely reported every year they have money to spend. This line isn't fresh for 2013. Nor is the linking to players they've got no hope in hell of achieving. If Arsenal did have funds surely they'd be in for players and buying them right now after weeks/months of scouting and negotiation. They've not had any change in their management, this excuse for a delay is not there. Why after all the time they've had and all the money they've apparently got to spent only going after players even the most loyal Arsenal fan must be extremely skeptical of them ever landing. Competing with Madrid for Suarez, Chelsea for Rooney, United for Fabregas and so on. Teams with financial clout they cannot possibly compete against.

Does that seem like a side that has money to spend and has been making serious efforts to invest it or a side that wants people to think they've got funds so they'll say they're in for x, y and z even though there's a very small chance the deals will actually come off.

Wenger was never the type to go out and splash record fees though, was he? Even in Arsenal's golden period it was mainly shrewd business deals.

It's widely reported every year they have money to spend. This line isn't fresh for 2013. Nor is the linking to players they've got no hope in hell of achieving. If Arsenal did have funds surely they'd be in for players and buying them right now after weeks/months of scouting and negotiation. They've not had any change in their management, this excuse for a delay is not there. Why after all the time they've had and all the money they've apparently got to spent only going after players even the most loyal Arsenal fan must be extremely skeptical of them ever landing. Competing with Madrid for Suarez, Chelsea for Rooney, United for Fabregas and so on. Teams with financial clout they cannot possibly compete against.

Does that seem like a side that has money to spend and has been making serious efforts to invest it or a side that wants people to think they've got funds so they'll say they're in for x, y and z even though there's a very small chance the deals will actually come off.

No-one is forcing you to follow Arsenal's financial situation, but there's no point posting on it when you don't know anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.