Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
benficagaray.jpg

Zeki, just go away will ya?

Fabregas is a CM who relies on his passing range. He'd give us 8 years easy.

He's also a CM who shortly after his arrival in Barcelona was described as having physical problems that they thought were caused by playing too much as a teenager and returning too fast after injury. Problems that meant that Guardiola said that longterm they would have to be careful with his playing and training schedule. Of course that might just have been a polite way of saying: get used to being benched for big games.

From manutd.com
The manager has been asked about whether or not Barcelona have responded to United's bid for Cesc Fabregas. He said: "My understanding is that Ed's [Woodward, United's executive vice chairman] had a response and he spoke with them. I think we made a second offer but Ed is dealing with that personally, rather than me." He adds: "When you're interested in good players you want to give it every opportunity to materialise and I'll do that. I hope things can continue and move forward. At this moment in time I can only tell you that Ed Woodward is working hard trying to make the deals happen. We can only hope that some of them fall into place shortly."

Moyes must be in his element in his new job. Imagine being given the bones of £100 million to spend and you're top targets are players like Fabregas and Bale.

He performed miracles in the transfer market at Everton, but that will pale into comparison if he signs Fabregas and Bale for us.

Never confirmed, no. Just the usual "Sky sources" shite.

Moyes has only confirmed the second bid at his press conference just a few minutes ago.

"Sky sources" seem to be up to date with this which is encouraging, it seems they are the ones to believe during this "saga". Whether its coming from us, his agent or Barcelona remains to be seen, if its his agent that is leaking it its be even more encouraging as Alistair Ferguson said that Sky Sources have been told that if Barcs agree a price with us, Fabregas is open to the move.

Hmmm, oh.

If he is confirming the second bid (which acc to sources is around 30M+), guess we are really serious about him.

There has to be some sort of private encouragement from Fabregas or Barcelona for us to be still pursuing this. There's no way we're putting our heads above the parapet like we are without it.

There has to be some sort of private encouragement from Fabregas or Barcelona for us to be still pursuing this. There's no way we're putting our heads above the parapet like we are without it.
Or we're chancing our arm because we know there's no one better.

He's also a CM who shortly after his arrival in Barcelona was described as having physical problems that they thought were caused by playing too much as a teenager and returning too fast after injury. Problems that meant that Guardiola said that longterm they would have to be careful with his playing and training schedule. Of course that might just have been a polite way of saying: get used to being benched for big games.

Sure he's had a good few hamstring problems in the past. Nothing a bit of yoga and rampant sexual appetite can't fix...

I don't know which one is worst... deal rejected, or fabregas refusing to move

They better know what they're doing, or we'll ended up looking like mug
Something must have been discussed already between the board and management and Moyes that they are publicly declaring the 2nd bid. It might hurt us a lot if we don't end up getting Fabregas with some bad PR.

Sky sources: "Barcelona will wait until their new manager is appointed before deciding on Cesc Fabregas' future".

This is possibly good news for us - a new manager would give Barca PR cover with their fans to accept a bid, on the grounds that the new man wanted (funds to) bring his own people in and they had blown the budget on Neymar...

Sky sources: "Barcelona will wait until their new manager is appointed before deciding on Cesc Fabregas' future".

I wish they would hurry up and pick a new manager the useless cnuts.

This is possibly good news for us - a new manager would give Barca PR cover with their fans to accept a bid, on the grounds that the new man wanted (funds to) bring his own people in and they had blown the budget on Neymar...

I don't think it will be good PR for the new manager at all to start his reign off by saying "yes Fabregas is for sale".

I don't know which one is worst... deal rejected, or fabregas refusing to move

They better know what they're doing, or we'll ended up looking like mug

Bidding for a player and not getting him makes you look like a mug?

Yes, better forget about transfers from now on. Not worth the risk.

Bidding for a player and not getting him makes you look like a mug?

Yes, better forget about transfers from now on. Not worth the risk.

Making several, well-publicised, "officially" confirmed bids will make us look a tad... ineffective if they prove unsuccessful, if Barcelona come out and reiterate that he's not for sale at any price.

Making several, well-publicised, "officially" confirmed bids will make us look a tad... ineffective if they prove unsuccessful, if Barcelona come out and reiterate that he's not for sale at any price.

Absolute nonsense. Will Chelsea look stupid bidding for Rooney? Did Chelsea look stupid bidding for Modric? Some people on here worry so much about things that aren't even there to worry about.

Absolute nonsense. Will Chelsea look stupid bidding for Rooney? Did Chelsea look stupid bidding for Modric? Some people on here worry so much about things that aren't even there to worry about.

You mean two players who were/are reportedly unhappy at their club?

That's the difference here, there's been nothing from any side on Fabregas wanting out, it's actually completely the contrary, so it will look a bit ridiculous in the end if they just reject every single bid we make and we've spent weeks bidding on a hopeless cause.

That's the difference here, there's been nothing from any side on Fabregas wanting out, it's actually completely the contrary, so it will look a bit ridiculous in the end if they just reject every single bid we make and we've spent weeks bidding on a hopeless cause.

I do very much doubt United would bid without any form a sign from Fabregas or his camp. I think the only reason United fans are worrying is that it's a new manager and a new chief executive. If this was under Fergie/Gill everyone would be saying 'Fabregas definitely wants to come'. I think it's in United fans heads that they will look stupid. I certainly don't think they will, I doubt much fans of other teams will either.

The Barca VP said Fabregas wasn't for sale. SSN reporting Barca will decide Fabregas future once the new first team coach is appointed.

Doesn't add up. Someone is lying.

Transfers in football in the modern era dont start when a bid is lodged. As has been said before, United must have some indication that the player will be interested if a deal can be agreed. This may not come off, but its far from a hopeless pursuit.

I dont see how any fans can be unhappy with the club for trying to sign a top quality player from a European rival. The Likes of City, Chelsea, Monaco and PSG attract big name players - seems some of our fans dont think we're capable of doing that, which I find bizzare.

I do very much doubt United would bid without any form a sign from Fabregas or his camp. I think the only reason United fans are worrying is that it's a new manager and a new chief executive. If this was under Fergie/Gill everyone would be saying 'Fabregas definitely wants to come'. I think it's in United fans heads that they will look stupid. I certainly don't think they will, I doubt much fans of other teams will either.

More than likely so, but if the bid does turn out to be a failure and this is never explicitly said, it does look worse for the club than Modric and Rooney did/would for you.

feck it though, I'm happy we're bidding on a top class midfielder, though I do still think it's unlikely to happen.
Transfers in football in the modern era dont start when a bid is lodged. As has been said before, United must have some indication that the player will be interested if a deal can be agreed. This may not come off, but its far from a hopeless pursuit.

I dont see how any fans can be unhappy with the club for trying to sign a top quality player from a European rival. The Likes of City, Chelsea, Monaco and PSG attract big name players - seems some of our fans dont think we're capable of doing that, which I find bizzare.

I am happy, I was just arguing a point made.

Worrying about looking stupid is a bad reason not to do anything. If there's even the tiniest chance of us landing Fabregas, I'm glad we're going for it.

It's failing to sign a top quality player that fans would be unhappy about it.

And we're capable of attracting quality players but that doesn't mean we'll attract ALL and all of them can be realistically acquired. The Fábregas deal looks, on the surface, hugely unlikely. If we pull it off, that will be a brilliant move. If we don't we will look like we wasted time chasing a hopeless target because, as Cina said, there's no indication that Barcelona want to sell or that Fábregas wants to leave.

Worrying about looking stupid is a bad reason not to do anything. If there's even the tiniest chance of us landing Fabregas, I'm glad we're going for it.

Well that's true. I'm just worried we don't have realistic back-up plans not called Marouane Fellaini.

I hope that it wont end up in the usual 'we tried to sign Fabregas but...dont worry, Fletch will be like a new signing and this is Ando's year' type of crap

It'll be a masterstroke if we are fueling this rumor so people have something other than Rooney to talk about.

FACT: (supposition, but feck it)

If we were told to 'feck right off you dirty, English cnuts. We're not selling him for any price' - our response wouldn't be "Hmmm. Okay, £30m?"

Status
Not open for further replies.