Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did. But I still think he wasn't the brightest to look down the camera and continuously swear at it. If he screamed "feckING GET IN" to his team mates he probably would've avoided it.
So what? He said feck. Big deal.

Oliver Holt was right, and that's something I rarely contemplate saying. Football is being sanitised out of all recognition, and that was an example. In the height of an emotional situation a footballer says feck and the whole world falls in around us. It was a ridiculous overreaction to a nothing issue.

Edit: This has feck all to do with the Fabregas thread.

Rosell has written a letter? Asking us kindly to not bother 'em anymore? It sounds ridiculous to me.

Christ knows what this thing is all about. Maybe we'll never learn what went on. At the moment I'm debating whether that's a good or a bad thing.

So what? He said feck. Big deal.

Oliver Holt was right, and that's something I rarely contemplate saying. Football is being sanitised out of all recognition, and that was an example. In the height of an emotional situation a footballer says feck and the whole world falls in around us. It was a ridiculous overreaction to a nothing issue.

Edit: This has feck all to do with the Fabregas thread.

I said before I didn't agree with the FA. But seeing as they're such a clusterfeck of an organisation I didn't think it was the wisest thing to do.

Fabregas did what? Or are we doing that thing where we talk about other players again?

I think he was the best cm in the world when he was at Arsenal. His goals and creativity were incredible for a central midfielder, ones who also excel in these areas usually arent able to control the pace of a game and dictate it.

Id throw 50m at them if needed.

FFS - If he's writing letters that explains the whole saga. We've made a bid, not heard anything back and have got encouraged, meanwhile Rosell has got to wait to Monday till the post office is open again before he responds to us. What a stupid way of dealing with transfer bids.
:lol:

huh? Why'd you want to sign Cabaye if we could get Fabregas?

Obviously I'd rather have Fabregas than Cabaye. But I'd rather us make a couple of quick, solid signings (Fellaini or Cabaye for the gaping midfield opening) than get dragged into a saga for Cesc that could take us past the start of the season. Especially given our early schedule, I'd like to see any key additions getting some team bonding and training in before we run that gauntlet.

To be honest even if we sign Fabregas, I'd still like us to sign Cabaye.

It might be good for us if the Argentinian coach 'Tata' Martino becomes Barca boss (he's rumoured to be arriving for the presentation today) & not Luis Enrique, who's very well-known to Cesc.

Rosell has written a letter? Asking us kindly to not bother 'em anymore? It sounds ridiculous to me.

Christ knows what this thing is all about. Maybe we'll never learn what went on. At the moment I'm debating whether that's a good or a bad thing.

Edward Woodward said:
Dear Senor Rosell.

I would like to offer you 26m € for your player Cesc Fabregas.

Sincerely Mr. Woodward.

Sandro Rosell said:
Dear Mr. Woodward.

I thank you for the kind offer but I have to inform you that our player Cesc Fabregas is not for sale at the moment.

Sincerely Senor Rosell.

Edward Woodward said:
Dear Senor Rosell.

How about 30m €?

Sincerely Mr. Woodward.

Sandro Rosell said:
Dear Mr. Woodward.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first letter but Cesc Fabregas is not for sale. Not for 25m € or 30m €.

Sincerely Senor Rosell.

Edward Woodward said:
Dear Senor Rosell.

How about 31m €?

Sincerely Mr. Woodward.

Sandro Rosell said:
Dear Mr. Woodward.

No.

Sincerely Senor Rosell.

Edward Woodward said:
Dear Senor Rosell.

And how about 31,5m €?

Sincerely Mr. Woodward.

Edward Woodward said:
Dear Senor Rosell.

And how about 32m €?

Sincerely Mr. Woodward.

Edward Woodward said:
Dear Senor Rosell.

And how about 32,5m €?

Sincerely Mr. Woodward.

Sandro Rosell said:
Dear Mr. Woodward.

Dear Mr. Woodward I would appreciate it if you would stop sending me a letter every day with an improved bid of of 500.000 €. I don't know how it is over there in Manchester but in Barcelona if someones says "not for sale" it means not for sale, how fecking hard is that to understand?

Sincerely Senor Rosell.

Edward Woodward said:
Dear Senor Rosell.

Not even for 33m €?

Sincerely Mr. Woodward.

That's probably how it went. :D

"Ok, you've forced my hand. I'll give you the €33.5 million that you want. You're a tough negotiator Mr. Rosell!"

Re this Rosell-letter story in Sport, hasn't that publication proved to be totally unreliable over the course of this summer?

Re this Rosell-letter story in Sport, hasn't that publication proved to be totally unreliable over the course of this summer?

Well Sport pretty much sold Thiago to us. About eight times.

Still, this bit of information is a bit too specific to be totally made up.

They want us to desist? Quick, we need to make another bid.

How do people expect Barca or us to act?

We have been chasing a world class midfielder for a number of years, there aren't that many of them around and even less at clubs willing to let them go without a major fight.

Yes it is unlikely this transfer will go through but if we want a top class CM this is the type of battle we will have to fight

How do people expect Barca or us to act?

We have been chasing a world class midfielder for a number of years, there aren't that many of them around and even less at clubs willing to let them go without a major fight.

Yes it is unlikely this transfer will go through but if we want a top class CM this is the type of battle we will have to fight

I think the way people generally see this is that there is a difference between doing your best to sign a top class CM and trying to sign a top class CM who "seems" unavailable or unlikely to sign. I am among those people, I would love for the club to sign a great midfielder, Fabregas is one of them, it just feels like an "impossible" signing to make (specially after Barca already selling Thiago). I know this sentiment is based mostly on gut feeling and not facts (reality). I hope to be completely wrong and laughed at.

kourouxsignst: 13866799 said:
I think the way people generally see this is that there is a difference between doing your best to sign a top class CM and trying to sign a top class CM who "seems" unavailable or unlikely to sign. I am among those people, I would love for the club to sign a great midfielder, Fabregas is one of them, it just feels like an "impossible" signing to make (specially after Barca already selling Thiago). I know this sentiment is based mostly on gut feeling and not facts (reality). I hope to be completely wrong and laughed at.

Who should we sign that would be better than Fabregas? Who would be easily available?

I haven't bothered posting the Spanish press on this, because basically all they've done is regurgitated UK press stories plus the occasional denial from a Barca official. MD for example yesterday talked about Cesc being promised more money and a "key role" at United (saying they were basing it on a story in The Sun) and described that key role idea as being something that would appeal to Cesc, but couldn't see Barcelona taking an offer this summer.

The problem I still have with the story, is the same one I had at the start, is the same one the Spanish press have got. If Fabregas was our target, why didn't we table an offer before Thiago was sold - giving Barca the chance to choose which one they wanted to make happy and which one they wanted to sell. Why wait until after? I hope it's because Cesc's agent has told us something, otherwise it just looks like a waste of time.

I still think the timing of the offer came abour because we were hoping to get Thiago and we switched to Cesc after that deal failed.

Still, you never know. Maybe the incoming manager will have a big row with Fabregas on day one and Barca will send us another letter.

That letter is no different from us saying to Chelsea, offer rejected, he is not for sale.

Perhaps the letter went on to say that they are looking for a manager and have more important things to think about.

We will know at Moyes' next press conference if there is anything in it.

Personally, this transfer is that bizarre, I will wait until Moyes says it's dead in the water. Then I would still watch for the last day or two for things to change.

That logic makes no sense. Lets put in a bid for Messi. Who would be better?

Well different logic as messi is the KEY player in the Barca team.

Fabregas is a key squad player who they could possibly be tempted to sell with s high enough bid, IMO

It doesn't look good for us. We seem to be chasing shadows in this transfer window. We rarely succeed with blockbuster transfers even when we had SAF. Perhaps Moyes and Woodward should have been looking for the usual United shrewd transfers.

Who should we sign that would be better than Fabregas? Who would be easily available?

I'm not a football scout but we don't necessarily have to aim for a player better than Fabregas.

I haven't bothered posting the Spanish press on this, because basically all they've done is regurgitated UK press stories plus the occasional denial from a Barca official. MD for example yesterday talked about Cesc being promised more money and a "key role" at United (saying they were basing it on a story in The Sun) and described that key role idea as being something that would appeal to Cesc, but couldn't see Barcelona taking an offer this summer.

The problem I still have with the story, is the same one I had at the start, is the same one the Spanish press have got. If Fabregas was our target, why didn't we table an offer before Thiago was sold - giving Barca the chance to choose which one they wanted to make happy and which one they wanted to sell. Why wait until after? I hope it's because Cesc's agent has told us something, otherwise it just looks like a waste of time.

I still think the timing of the offer came abour because we were hoping to get Thiago and we switched to Cesc after that deal failed.

Still, you never know. Maybe the incoming manager will have a big row with Fabregas on day one and Barca will send us another letter.

That's what concerns me a little too.

It doesn't look good for us. We seem to be chasing shadows in this transfer window. We rarely succeed with blockbuster transfers even when we had SAF. Perhaps Moyes and Woodward should have been looking for the usual United shrewd transfers.

I don't think it looks bad.

We have an amazing depth to the squad, with some very good players. Obviously the hierarchy has decided that we need to inject some serious quality in a couple of areas on the pitch. That is the difference between this transfer window to any in the past. If we were looking to add youngsters then I am sure we would have already made a couple of signings.

Big transfers take time and always come with a fear of rejection due to the number of big clubs involved. Won't be the first time we missed out on a big player.

I am sure we can wrap deals for a Fellani or a Cabaye within a few days if we miss out on the primary targets.

We have an amazing depth to the squad, with some very good players. Obviously the hierarchy has decided that we need to inject some serious quality in a couple of areas on the pitch. That is the difference between this transfer window to any in the past. If we were looking to add youngsters then I am sure we would have already made a couple of signings.

Big transfers take time and always come with a fear of rejection due to the number of big clubs involved. Won't be the first time we missed out on a big player.

I am sure we can wrap deals for a Fellani or a Cabaye within a few days if we miss out on the primary targets.

I wouldn't go mental if we didn't sign Fabregas. Everything has to be right for any transfer to happen - it's not like we're throwing money at a smaller team, are we?

HOWEVER, I really do not want Fellaini or Cabaye. Really.

I was more referring to it looks bad for us in terms of making one if these mega signings: Bale, Ronaldo or Fabregas. I get the feeling that we could have done more to secure Thiago but only those close to the deal will know the truth.

I would be happy with just signing Fellani and Baines. I would actually be confident of mounting a title challenge with the squad as it is now.

I was more referring to it looks bad for us in terms of making one if these mega signings: Bale, Ronaldo or Fabregas. I get the feeling that we could have done more to secure Thiago but only those close to the deal will know the truth.

I would be happy with just signing Fellani and Baines. I would actually be confident of mounting a title challenge with the squad as it is now.

I wouldn't mind if the Fabregas bid fails and we go for Modric. I've always preferred Modric.

And I think Evra has another season. Baines is not essential. A centre-mid is, just not Fellaini.

Ssh, you can't say that, TN will be in here ranting again now soon.

Doesn't look very likely? I have been away for a week and that's the gist round here, my optimism was higher when i saw 'improved bid', why do we not think it's likely still?

Every player has his price.

Thinking back not many 'marquee' type players are ever signed for 'market value'. In the same way Carroll went to Liverpool for £35million, the factors in play mean we will have to bid well over market price, accepted to be about £30m mark.

I think will get traction from Barcelona if we offer £45m+ as well as make Fabregas the best paid player at the club.

Personally I'd go for it. If he joins and it works out as well as we all think it can, he will easily help us recoup that £10m in prize money. Likewise, if we give him our No 7 shirt, he will become an international merchandising monster.

I think Barcelona will definitely accept a bid once we go to €40m + addons(which I believe we will), whether Fabregas actually accepts it himself is another story.

Every player has his price. In the same way Carroll went to Liverpool for £35million, the factors in play mean we will have to bid well over market price, accepted to be about £30m mark. Thinking back not many 'marquee' type players are ever signed for 'market value'.

I think will get traction from Barcelona if we offer £45m+ as well as make Fabregas the best paid player at the club.

Personally I'd go for it. If he joins and it works out as well as we all think it can, he will easily help us recoup that £10m in prize money. Likewise, if we give him out No 7 shirt, he will become an international merchandising monster.

I don't think we should go as far as £45m. There has to be a line, and I don't think we cross it at 45m!

Doesn't look very likely? I have been away for a week and that's the gist round here, my optimism was higher when i saw 'improved bid', why do we not think it's likely still?

Barcelona say he's not for sale, the Sport newspaper says Sandro Rosell wrote a letter to United insisting that we back off as they're not going to sell him; Fábregas himself is quiet on the matter and the transfer didn't make any sense from the start considering that they just sold Thiago.

I don't think we should go as far as £45m. There has to be a line, and I don't think we cross it at 45m!

Why not?

I think people underestimate the impact Fabregas would have here, getting him would be huge and if the club have the funds, then feck it, pay whatever it takes.

Barcelona say he's not for sale, the Sport newspaper says Sandro Rosell wrote a letter to United insisting that we back off as they're not going to sell him; Fábregas himself is quiet on the matter and the transfer didn't make any sense from the start considering that they just sold Thiago.

The ONLY hope is if Barcelona want money in to fund defensive reinforcements, because Jordi Alba aside, their entire defence is a fecking joke.

Why not?

I think people underestimate the impact Fabregas would have here, getting him would be huge and if the club have the funds, then feck it, pay whatever it takes.

Well I think we don't disagree with his class, just at what price United would go!

Unlike Fellaini, who is both cheaper and shit.

Obviously I'd rather have Fabregas than Cabaye. But I'd rather us make a couple of quick, solid signings (Fellaini or Cabaye for the gaping midfield opening) than get dragged into a saga for Cesc that could take us past the start of the season. Especially given our early schedule, I'd like to see any key additions getting some team bonding and training in before we run that gauntlet.

To be honest even if we sign Fabregas, I'd still like us to sign Cabaye.

We cant make early signings just because our early fixtures are tough. Its much more long term. There's still plenty of time to go before start of season. We should and will go in order of our preferences rather than who's easy to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.