Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's any chance him returning to Arsenal whatsoever. It would effectively be a massive step back from where he is now. Being at a club winning silverware and challenging for European honours to a side that will be fortunate to get a sniff of a cup win over the last five years. At 26 with his abilities and his ambitions the sentiment and nostalgia that would be needed for him to pick Arsenal wouldn't be enough.

Good jayziz, how the feck do Barca expect to get him out his contract then apart from paying such a silly fee? Even if he hands in a transfer request would his value still be exceedingly high due to his contract having what 3 plus years left to run on it?

Good jayziz, how the feck do Barca expect to get him out his contract then apart from paying such a silly fee? Even if he hands in a transfer request would his value still be exceedingly high due to his contract having what 3 plus years left to run on it?

I think they could probably get him for €50-60m. I guess PSG might be willing to do business or they won't have a fecking hope of meeting FFP, if it even makes any difference.

:lol: Amazing how perceptions change. The consensus was the ban was a complete joke and a very dirty ruling from the FA and now it's that Rooney let the club down by swearing and should be hated even more for it.

It was a daft ban, but Rooney acted like an idiot. He didn't deserve to get banned, but what was the point in doing it?

Even at that price they can obviously refuse and also refuse to let Thiago out of contract evenIf he was to hand in a transfer request. It's a weird one, I just don't see how they can snatch him although stranger things have happened. Wild be hilarious to see them get him after The comments of the PSG owner about paying Messi' buyout clause.

Even at that price they can obviously refuse and also refuse to let Thiago out of contract evenIf he was to hand in a transfer request. It's a weird one, I just don't see how they can snatch him although stranger things have happened. Wild be hilarious to see them get him after The comments of the PSG owner about paying Messi' buyout clause.

He can pay Messi's buyout clause. Difference is Messi is not going to PSG. The comment was funny as hell though.

This is pretty much how I see it. PSG have just signed Marquinos because like any good side you want a replacement sorted before you sell. Obviously Barca are very keen on Thiago Silva and possibly need the cash plus wages freed up due to FFP. Don't forget they just spent a shit load on Neymar too. They need a centre back far more that they need Fabregas right now. The reasons will be financial if he is sold.

My concern is not whether Barca will sell but if they do will Arsenal use the clause. I believe Fabregas would return to Arsenal, although for footballing reasons he'd obviously be better off here.

If a bid is accepted then this is not gonna be plain sailing from there, unless Arsenal fail to act. We have to persuade Barca to sell, Cesc to leave and to chose us over Arsenal. Tough odds.

What am i hearing... Manchester United have to worry about Arsenal?? He is not leaving Barca to go back to Arsenal's unsuccessful ass. They still haven't signed any players that makes them a threat.

While there's clearly something to the story, I just don't see any way this is possible. I'd rather we spend the fabregas money on Cabaye and either resign Nani or sign an attacker to replace him.

While there's clearly something to the story, I just don't see any way this is possible. I'd rather we spend the fabregas money on Cabaye and either resign Nani or sign an attacker to replace him.

huh? Why'd you want to sign Cabaye if we could get Fabregas?

It was a daft ban, but Rooney acted like an idiot. He didn't deserve to get banned, but what was the point in doing it?
Excuse him for showing some passion after scoring a hatrick to bring us back from 2-0 down in the title race... What a cnut he is.

It's not that I wouldn't go along with what you said but to bring it up 2 and a half years down the road as a stick to beat him with is another reason I can't take these hysterical Rooney hating bellends seriously.

Rooney hating bellends? Christ, all things considered, you'd think United fans have a good reason to dislike the guy.

He has also given us good reason to like him also! He did ask for a move in 2010 but a lot of fans agreed with what he was saying just not the way he did it. Also this time around it seems Fergie just decided to get rid and then set the wheels in motion and Rooney has took the bait. His agent Stretford for me is suspect in all this Andy Cole gave him a glowing reference! Basically calling him a greedy two faced fecker!

What am i hearing... Manchester United have to worry about Arsenal?? He is not leaving Barca to go back to Arsenal's unsuccessful ass. They still haven't signed any players that makes them a threat.

That's why I said in footballing terms he'd be better off with us, but he could do something stupid and return to Arsenal. I don't know if he would happily accept the hatred from Arsenal fans. The reasonable, intelligent ones would accept why he didn't return, because they've been moaning about Wenger for the last 5-6 seasons.

He has also given us good reason to like him also! He did ask for a move in 2010 but a lot of fans agreed with what he was saying just not the way he did it. Also this time around it seems Fergie just decided to get rid and then set the wheels in motion and Rooney has took the bait. His agent Stretford for me is suspect in all this Andy Cole gave him a glowing reference! Basically calling him a greedy two faced fecker!
I don't remember anyone agreeing with his reasons for doing so. It wasn't his place to publicly question our sognings,

Excuse him for showing some passion after scoring a hatrick to bring us back from 2-0 down in the title race... What a cnut he is.

It's not that I wouldn't go along with what you said but to bring it up 2 and a half years down the road as a stick to beat him with is another reason I can't take these hysterical Rooney hating bellends seriously.

Do me a fecking favour...cue the next one posting 'And fair play to him - he's kept his silence!' Yes, I can read his silence every day in the newspapers: 'Rooney insists on SAF Apology', 'Rooney traumatised by Real CL Snub', 'Rooney wants to play as a Striker', 'Rooney fury at Moyes Snub', 'Rooney asks for Electric Pencil Sharpener & Swivel Chair or he'll Quit' etc etc etc.

So are we getting this dude or what?

Who fecking knows? I doubt it. But I doubt every single transfer because we live in an age where bullshitters have an excellent platform (twitter & tabloids)

You think he'd rather take a step backwards than a sideways step?

He won't see moving back to Arsenal as a backwards step. He clearly loves the club and has a huge amount of respect for Wenger. Unfortunately he doesn't feel the same way about Arsenal as you do so you may think that him chosing Utd over Arsenal should be easy enough for clear footballing reasons. However, he may be really want to give it another shot helping a club he loves to a couple trophies if Wenger really wants him back.

He won't see moving back to Arsenal as a backwards step. He clearly loves the club and has a huge amount of respect for Wenger. Unfortunately he doesn't feel the same way about Arsenal as you do so you may think that him chosing Utd over Arsenal should be easy enough for clear footballing reasons. However, he may be really want to give it another shot helping a club he loves to a couple trophies if Wenger really wants him back.

Perhaps, I don't doubt that he loves Arsenal, I just doubt he'd make a professional decision based on an affection for a club he spent 8 years at. He moved on, it's been 2 years and they've not made any real strides forward. Comparing United to Arsenal, it's United that tick the two boxes any ambitious footballer has at the top of their list. Chance of trophies and bigger contract.

FFS - If he's writing letters that explains the whole saga. We've made a bid, not heard anything back and have got encouraged, meanwhile Rosell has got to wait to Monday till the post office is open again before he responds to us. What a stupid way of dealing with transfer bids.

I thought barcastuff had been dismissed as having no real information?

Pah, mere fan-placating tactics. When Barca takes our money, Bongo Deporto & co will have the 'Greedy Cesc' template to hand.

Cocks in.

Yeah, but the rules don't apply to Fabregas, right?
Like that time they were texting him saying they'd 'wine, dine and 69 him' and all that.

But yeah, Barcastuff just seems to handpick what information he tweets from very general sources. I guess it's an easy way to keep up to date with some of the reports from Spain.

Last month Alcantara. This month Fabregas. Next month Iniesta. Heck, why not just bid for Messi now instead of all the (failed) foreplay.

You have obviously never played football or not scored a goal at least.

Oh right, tell me about your history of playing in front of a worldwide live audience? It was a daft ban, but "if you play with matches..."

You have obviously never played football or not scored a goal at least.
The indignation about Rooney swearing was a joke, but I'm pretty certain more people think he was wrong now than did then. On here at least.

I swore like a trooper when he scored that goal, I'm sure most of us did. Blown out of all proportion from start to finish. The media got him his ban.

Not with fecking cameras, and deliberating shouting down the camera. It was a daft ban, but "if you play with matches..."

Nah Ive seen worse been directed at cameras and go unpunished, a point made by many at the time. You are being harsh be honest, I am not happy with his current antics but that incident was purely emotion and nothing premeditated.

The indignation aboute Rooney swearing was a joke, but I'm pretty certain more people think he was wrong now than did then. On here at least.

I swore like a trooper when he scored that goal, I'm sure most of us did. Blown out of all proportion from start to finish. The media got him his ban.

They did. But I still think he wasn't the brightest to look down the camera and continuously swear at it. If he screamed "feckING GET IN" to his team mates he probably would've avoided it.

Nah Ive seen worse been directed at cameras and go unpunished, a point made by many at the time. You are being harsh be honest, I am not happy with his current antics but that incident was purely emotion and nothing premeditated.

The media were out for him, wasn't the McCarthy elbow incident a few weeks earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.