Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Pete derailing a thread and WUMing the feck out of everyone - he's still got it!

The beauty of it is, it's all driven by that fear - What if...? What if...?

I'll be the first to admit that a deal for Fabregas seems implausible, but Pete's framing it as desperation from United to be seen to land a marquee signing. I prefer to look at it as United having been encouraged to make a move by either the club or player.

Whatever anyone wants to say about Moyes, United is still a big draw - far more so than Arsenal, who despite talking big, have done the square root of bugger all this summer - and if Cesc is to leave Barca, I can see him finding the allure of becoming our lynchpin, not to mention doubling his wages, being too good to turn down. For all the talk about Barca being his dream, many regular La Liga observers will tell you he hasn't settled as expected and has been peripheral.

Finally, if we do somehow land Cesc, we need to immediately investigate the avatar facility for the Caf, as Pete will be needing one... :)

His stock my have fallen since his Barca move, but he's 26 years old, was brilliant when at Arsenal, and would be an immense upgrade for us.

I agree.

Just because I don't rate him as highly as our resident muppets do now, doesn't mean I wouldn't be very happy with him here. But as with the Rooney situation, I'm struggling to care. I blame the media.

Gayer.

Oh and I still think Fabregash isn't as amazing as people suddenly think.

Fair enough if you don't think he's all that but it's clear not something people suddenly think.

In todays market he is worth 50 million

i'd give fabregas a piggy back from london to manchester if fergie persuaded arsenal to let us have him - 40 million would be a great deal for us and arsenal
In the current market Febragas is worth around 40+ mill. Arsenal would be fools to sell him for anything less than that.

Cracking player, still only 22, has a Euro Cup to his name and a couple of nice runs is Europe. He will only get better and will most likely end up at Barca in a new years.
I'd take Fabregas at United in a heartbeat.

Awesome player.
Fabregas is an outstanding player, it's just when he's bad he's really fecking bad. That's probably just a question of maturity though. He's probably the only Arsenal player I'd really long for at United. He'd never go to Milan. I know he's struggling to win stuff at Arsenal to justify his career, but it would be even worse there.
Maybe we should make a bid ? I don't like the guy - but he is world-class.
Fabregas is a superb player.
Unrealistic target, but he's certainly a brilliant player and will only get better
Fantastic player and would be a great addition to any team in Europe, including United.

You call that shit 'interesting'?

:lol:

You should take up a new hobby or something.

Not necessarily what he has to say but the back and forth that results is refreshing amid an endless litany of "He will never come"/"If we are bidding he must have given an indication he would move". Rinse repeat ad eternum.

Not necessarily what he has to say but the back and forth that results is refreshing amid an endless litany of "He will never come"/"If we are bidding he must have given an indication he would move". Rinse repeat ad eternum.

Like I said, you need a new hobby.

It's better for this thread to fall off the home page than for it to be full of Petes shit and his cheerleaders.

Oh. Good one. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Fair enough if you don't think he's all that but it's clear not something people suddenly think.

james-milner_1758931c.jpg

Brwned.

Oh. Good one. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

What, like going after one word because you've nothing better to do?

I should have put 'some' before it.

But you clarify for you, I don't think everyone suddenly over-rates him, but inevitably his stock has risen as soon as he gets linked with us. I just don't think he's as great as made out, though I do think he would suit us perfectly and I'd be happy or us to get him. I'm just not overly bothered about it as some of you seem to be.

Fair enough?

Cesc was the best player in the league when he left, he would be again but it's not happening.

Indeed.

I'd agree that in almost every case players do become suddenly better in the eyes of the fans once they become linked to us, but not someone of Fábregas' class. People have raved about him for almost a decade now, he's been quality since he was about 18, and he's been talked about as being so perfect for us it's not even worth contemplating for at least 4 years now. Fair enough for not rating him in the same way but I don't think it's true at all that some people have decided he's the second coming just because he's been linked with us. They've just started saying it more often because it's a vague possibility.

Moyes is out of his depth... glug, glug, glug .. gone by Xmas.

It's kinda strange when Spurs, Everton and Arsenal-fans make fun of Moyes considering he almost matched all clubs with a much worse team and squad last year

According to you.

He's a top talent, there can be no argument, but he went missing a lot of times for you lot and you hardly went downhill without him did you?

I'd say fond memories are more at play here.

Fabregas was the one player who I could count on to deliver at least two game changing passes even when half fit. And that's not an exaggeration.

According to you.

He's a top talent, there can be no argument, but he went missing a lot of times for you lot and you hardly went downhill without him did you?

I'd say fond memories are more at play here.

They haven't got downhill yet without RVP but he's still the best striker in the league. Fabregas if he came back would be the best midfielder in the league without somethin unusual happening.

Indeed.

I'd agree that in almost every case players do become suddenly better in the eyes of the fans once they become linked to us, but not someone of Fábregas' class. People have raved about him for almost a decade now, he's been quality since he was about 18, and he's been talked about as being so perfect for us it's not even worth contemplating for at least 4 years now. Fair enough for not rating him in the same way but I don't think it's true at all that some people have decided he's the second coming just because he's been linked with us. They've just started saying it more often because it's a vague possibility.

Fabregas' performance in the CL tie at the Bernabeu at 17 was simply outrageous, he ran the game with the whole of Spain looking on.

Fabregas was the one player who I could count on to deliver at least two game changing passes even when half fit. And that's not an exaggeration.

Oh no doubt I still think he's a top player. I just don't rate him quite as highly as the general consensus on here seem to now.

(and for brwned's sake, that doesn't imply EVERYONE only rate him as the bestest ever! now).

They haven't got downhill yet without RVP but he's still the best striker in the league. Fabregas if he came back would be the best midfielder in the league without somethin unusual happening.

Good point.

Fabregas' performance in the CL tie at the Bernabeu at 17 was simply outrageous, he ran the game with the whole of Spain looking on.

Except he wasn't 17, he was a little more than two months away from his 19th birthday.

It's kinda strange when Spurs, Everton and Arsenal-fans make fun of Moyes considering he almost matched all clubs with a much worse team and squad last year

I'd say the important bit is that Spurs didn't want him.

And I haven't said otherwise.

Your point?

Just that him not being suited to Barca because of his direct style doesn't knock him as a player. Imbra didn't fit in there but it doesn't mean he's not a top player, I doubt Ronaldo would fit in either.

Yeah and Arsenal drummed that out of him and turned him into too direct of a player for the real Barca.
Well Barca insist on giving Xavi, Inestia and Messi carte blanche and will feck over major talents like Ibra, Toure, Villa, Sanchez and Cesc.

Well Barca insist on giving Xavi, Inestia and Messi carte blanche and will feck over major talents like Ibra, Toure, Villa, Sanchez and Cesc.

So you are saying the lesser talents should step aside for a bunch of mercs and someone trained to lump it through the middle in the hope a quick player will latch onto it?

Status
Not open for further replies.