Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need a CM that will eventually replace Xavi, if they sell Fabregas who would that CM be? Thaigo? isn't he gone? Who else?

They'l either need to promote someone from within or buy externally if they want to replace Xavi without changing their style. Regardless of whether Fabregas stays or moves, he isnt going to take Xavi's role in the team.

That's like saying I'm hoping to win the lottery this weekend, whether I've bought a ticket or not is irrelevant.

This is a completely false analogy. Plenty of times a club will pursue a player - including discussing potential bids informally with the player's club - without ever reaching the stage of formally submitting a bid. This can happen for a number of obvious reasons, not least because it sometimes becomes clear that the player wishes to either stay or move to a 3rd party club.

There was far too much smoke around the Thiago saga for anyone to reasonably deny that MUFC weren't very interested. And given your great need for a new CM it defies all belief to think that a chance to sign Thiago was not pursued.

The story is that Man Utd pursued the release clause strategy without determining whether the player would sign for them. This sounds frankly ludicrous until you realise that's exactly what's being replayed in the Fabregas non-signing.

My reading on this is Barcelona don't want to sell .... but every player has his price and we are testing that reality.

The situation is similar to ours with Rooney, albeit, Fabregas does not seem to want to leave despite having issues with his position at Barcelona. Just as Chelsea are seeking to exploit our issue with Rooney, so we are doing the same with Fabregas's issue with Barcelona. I would think a bid of £40m plus a bumper contract for Fabregas will gain traction with both club and player.

Is this down to Moyes? At his comfort target level you assume most players will go for the bigger wages offered by Everton. He's playing a different game now punting at elite players.

Is this down to Moyes? At his comfort target level you assume most players will go for the bigger wages offered by Everton. He's playing a different game now punting at elite players.

I don't think it's down to any sort of "tactic" or inexperience from him, I merely think he's doing his best to improve a very talented squad. It's not like he will have been working alongside our scouts trying to unearth a gem in a position we need so instead he's going for proven talent.

Pete is camping in the United transfer threads as the only person Arsenal signed is a FM legend Frenc striker (is it Sanogo?) and Glaston is just an obvious troll. I wish somebody (heck even the sugar dadddies from Russia/France) buys Bale just to see his reaction.

Will this transfer happen? Probably not. Will United still easily finish ahead of Arsenal and Spurs. Very likely. All that matters

One positive from our view point is that Barcelona haven't come out all guns blazing saying hands off our players and a series of disparaging articles on United saying hands off. There was a great lull around the Thiago transfer too on that front with half-hearted pleas asking for Thiago to stay and again with Fabregas it seems quite weird. But then again they might find the whole approach so laughable that its barely worth responding to, with the 'He's non-transferable' being deemed enough but there's definitely something up behind the scenes I reckon.

I don't think it's down to any sort of "tactic" or inexperience from him, I merely think he's doing his best to improve a very talented squad. It's not like he will have been working alongside our scouts trying to unearth a gem in a position we need so instead he's going for proven talent.

Yeah but he's fecking it up by going for players that are never going to sign for Man Utd.

Nothing unusual has happened in this transfer that doesn't happen in most.

Clubs haven't agreed a fee
Player hasn't publicly expressed desire to leave.

If that qualifies as 'bizarre' or 'weird' in anyway then deadline day is going to be a mind-feck for some people

It may or may not happen, but i love it that Arsenal fans could be dreading the day if he signs for us. The day RvP signed was delightful

Moyes ability in the transfer window at United can't really be judged until after the transfer window closes. Lets wait and see what happens before we decide he can't cut it. Despite all Wenger's experience at this level he's hardly pulling up trees this window is he?

So in your opinion, we were definitely in for Thiago?
Hewent to work with his old boss at the European champions. Not much anyone could about that, but considering Moyes has admitted bidding for Fabregas, why did he not admit bidding for Thiago?
Fabregas and Baines have both not moved anywhere yet. They are potential signings that may well stay where they are, however, until that is clear (window closed), then I don't know how you can say we have failed, yet!
He can say it because it's Glaston and he's a dickhead.

Our delay in business is for obvious reasons. We've had a total change around in the management structure of the club.

Arsenal's excuse?

Wenger must have been plotting and planning changes for at least the last few months. Yet why, a few days removed from August, are we still getting the usual 'we have money, we can sign everyone, name someone we'll be able to sign him' nonsense from the club who have as much spare cash as someone on the dole with three spare rooms.

The story is that Man Utd pursued the release clause strategy without determining whether the player would sign for them. This sounds frankly ludicrous until you realise that's exactly what's being replayed in the Fabregas non-signing.
Here is another story, we were in for Thiago but in the end Guardiola applied some public pressure to an unconvinced Bayern board and they finally put a bid in and the deal was done. If he had not gone to Bayern he would have come to us. No delusion there, we had a plan and it did not work out. With Fabregas there are reasons for a Utd fan to believe that it can happen and reasons for Arse fans to want to believe it never can. We will see.

I see that little has altered despite Fergie's retirement: we look forward to celebrating more success; rival fans look forward to celebrating...any United failing. I know which group I'd rather belong to...

It's all whipped up by WUM and supporters who for some reason want to believe the worst.

I understand people not wanting to get their hopes up but some of us appear to be actively and gleefully accusing the club of some kind of incompetence purely on the basis that nobody's told us Fabregas wants to leave.

I see that little has altered despite Fergie's retirement: we look forward to celebrating more success; rival fans look forward to celebrating...any United failing. I know which group I'd rather belong to...

Yeah Pete, how you like them apples.

This thread is getting like the Thiago one and the Arse WUM seems to be holding court, with some of you hooked on his diatribe.

If we get a bid accept subject to personal terms we'll have approximately 10 minutes secure terms and complete the medical before someone else suggests how unusual this transfer is.

"Signing a player subject to personal terms? Embarrassment"

Status
Not open for further replies.