Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me regret wasting my time discussing the Fabregas situation with you.

I'm off to talk about Fabregas in the Thiago thread. I think you're making my brain bleed.

Not really if you have read properly. Its merely a response as he think only muppets would become desperate. I thought most of us here talking about possible transfer are muppets anyway. Nothing to do with Thiago.

Not really if you have read properly. Its merely a response as he think only muppets would become desperate. I thought most of us here talking about possible transfer are muppets anyway. Nothing to do with Thiago.

You've made the whole thread about Thiago. You've talked about him throughout the whole last page. I'm convinced your stance on this deal is that he isn't Thiago, the club are stupid because they didn't sign Thiago, and are desperate because they lost out on Thiago, and now they're stupidly and desperately trying to sign any midfielder going. All because of Thiago. Thiago. THIAGO!!!

Its been reported after Bayern had express their interested, so its obvious why we said we didn't fancy him, and we have been keeping quiet all this time until that point. But it doesn't matter, with Thaigo gone the chance of Fabregas coming here would be much slimmer, thats only thing I am trying to say.

I think we should spend our time and effort go for more realistic target instead, someone like Fellani perhaps.

Yeah...its quite amazing that a club of our size and stature continues to pursue an unachievable target like Fabregas. Bloody novices...

You've made the whole thread about Thiago. You've talked about him throughout the whole last page. I'm convinced your stance on this deal is that he isn't Thiago, the club are stupid because they didn't sign Thiago, and are desperate because they lost out on Thiago, and now they're stupidly and desperately trying to sign any midfielder going. All because of Thiago. Thiago. THIAGO!!!

You have wrong impression on me then, I didn't post more on Thiago thread than in here. The whole stance about mentioning Thiago in this thread is simply an argument against your view on Fabregas was our priority and Thiago was not, and hence imply we have better chance of signing Fabregas rather than Thiago. I thought you have already figured out that one out, either I am too subtle or didn't express that sarcasm properly.

Even worse is there has been no actual evidence the club were ever interested in him.

Its been reported after Bayern had express their interested, so its obvious why we said we didn't fancy him, and we have been keeping quiet all this time until that point. But it doesn't matter, with Thaigo gone the chance of Fabregas coming here would be much slimmer, thats only thing I am trying to say.

I think we should spend our time and effort go for more realistic target instead, someone like Fellani perhaps.

It would take zero time or effort to sign Fellaini. He has a release clause and would run across hot coals to play for us.

I think what you mean to say, is that it would be beneficial for the mental health of transfer muppets on RedCafe if all of the club's transfer business was done quickly and without fuss. However that's not necessarily what is right for the club or indeed possible. It's better to aim high. Fellaini is a fall-back option really. Not a bad fall-back option at all imo, but I'd rather us make a move for a player like Fabregas even if there is only the slimmest of chances.

Unless by 'we' you were already referring to transfer muppets not the club. In which case, I agree.

The deportivo report is saying that neither barca nor fabregas are interested in starting negotiations. Cocks in imo

Explain?
Who have we bid for and failed to sign?

It's pretty obvious you were after Alcantara (whether or not a bid was formally made is irrelevant), and having failed in that, now you've moved on Fabregas. And then there's Baines of course. That's 3 players for starters.

It would take zero time or effort to sign Fellaini. He has a release clause and would run across hot coals to play for us.

I think what you mean to say, is that it would be beneficial for the mental health of transfer muppets on RedCafe if all of the club's transfer business was done quickly and without fuss. However that's not necessarily what is right for the club or indeed possible. It's better to aim high. Fellaini is a fall-back option really. Not a bad fall-back option at all imo, but I'd rather us make a move for a player like Fabregas even if there is only the slimmest of chances.

Unless by 'we' you were already referring to transfer muppets not the club. In which case, I agree.

Arsenal has been reported interest though, its always better to sign a player earlier for the pre-season...

Its not first time our club show some desperation in signing some players. Sometimes we even overpaid abit on the target we really want, in order not to loss out the players to the opponents. Fergie himself admited we did no intend to sign Ronaldo and Rooney so early, but that was because other club came in for them and we do not want to loss out. Maybe desperation was a heavy word, but we surely did try to push through some deal quick with limited option and time left.

Mundo Deportivo reporting and reiterating what SSN said yesterday:
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...rta-fichaje-cesc-34-millones_54377719368.html

While sport is reporting on the mirror article:
http://sport.es/es/noticias/barca/manchester-united-dispuesto-doblarle-sueldo-cesc-fabregas-2520509

Nothing new, simply.

Thanks for posting these articles. The comments in the MD article are interesting, strange to see the majority (if not all) of the Barca fans there very open to the idea of selling Fabregas to us albeit at a higher price/better package.

Arsenal has been reported interest though, its always better to sign a player earlier for the pre-season...

Its not first time our club show some desperation in signing some players. Sometimes we even overpaid abit on the target we really want, in order not to loss out the players to the opponents. Fergie himself admited we did no intend to sign Ronaldo and Rooney so early, but that was because other club came in for them and we do not want to loss out. Maybe desperation was a heavy word, but we surely did try to push through some deal quick with limited option and time left.

EH? I'm sure we're keeping tabs on Fellaini and would jump in if needed. Not exactly a tough choice for Fellaini is it? Play for the reigning champions under his old boss, or fight it out for 4th place at Arsenal.

Plus, he has a release clause. There would be no overpaying required.

EH? I'm sure we're keeping tabs on Fellaini and would jump in if needed. Not exactly a tough choice for Fellaini is it? Play for the reigning champions under his old boss, or fight it out for 4th place at Arsenal.

Plus, he has a release clause. There would be no overpaying requiring.

He & his agent did well havin that release clause at £23m, considering Everton paid £15m+ add-on's for him, so they wont be makin much profit on him at all...

Who is ITK_Agent204 on Twitter? Because he's saying that the Fabregas deal to United is 110% going to happen today. He isn't verified but has over 250 followers and apparently was right about the Ter Stegen to Barcelona story. Any ideas if he's right or not?

Who is ITK_Agent204 on Twitter? Because he's saying that the Fabregas deal to United is 110% going to happen today. He isn't verified but has over 250 followers and apparently was right about the Ter Stegen to Barcelona story. Any ideas if he's right or not?
Not sure if your serious

110% isn't possible

I don't get what's weird about it

The fact that many sources are reporting that not only Barca aren't keen on selling (which doesn't necessarily mean much), but Cesc isn't keen on the move.

It's pretty obvious you were after Alcantara (whether or not a bid was formally made is irrelevant), and having failed in that, now you've moved on Fabregas. And then there's Baines of course. That's 3 players for starters.
So in your opinion, we were definitely in for Thiago?
Hewent to work with his old boss at the European champions. Not much anyone could about that, but considering Moyes has admitted bidding for Fabregas, why did he not admit bidding for Thiago?
Fabregas and Baines have both not moved anywhere yet. They are potential signings that may well stay where they are, however, until that is clear (window closed), then I don't know how you can say we have failed, yet!

Hmmm, so you're saying that he's got so many followers that it must be true, but others are saying it's bullshit.

It's genuinely hard to tell on this twitter thing!
It really isn't.

Anyone who isn't a journalist or a lawyer for a club or someone directly employed by a club does not know anything. Ever.
And lawyers would lose their jobs anyway, people eloped by club probably would too, so its only journo's, and even then you know how crap they are by reading the papers

It really isn't.

Anyone who isn't a journalist or a lawyer for a club or someone directly employed by a club does not know anything. Ever.
And lawyers would lose their jobs anyway, people eloped by club probably would too, so its only journo's, and even then you know how crap they are by reading the papers

A few journos get hints at times, for a number of reasons, in this case for example to give Fabregas something real to think about with the possibility of unsettling him. However, having played 60 games last year, more than he ever played at Arsenal and with a good record, I can't see any reason Barcelona will sell or Fabregas will want to go. This is as we've already been told, but for some reason the club want to persist in the transfer! Seems illogical.

Maybe they think Fabregas will be restricted following an extra man in the team in Neymar. Neymar most likely will play the forward position that Fabregas has been playing. Either way with the flexibility Fabregas provides I just can't see it.

Twigg might be wumming but I see the "he has x thousand followers therefore he must have some idea" fallacy being used every day here.

So ,how on is this at the moment? We've gone and made an increased bid, but are Barca considering it?
And if so, how much? Apparently we're willing to double his pay from what he's currently on too.

So , what else have I missed?

A few journos get hints at times, for a number of reasons, in this case for example to give Fabregas something real to think about with the possibility of unsettling him. However, having played 60 games last year, more than he ever played at Arsenal and with a good record, I can't see any reason Barcelona will sell or Fabregas will want to go. This is as we've already been told, but for some reason the club want to persist in the transfer! Seems illogical.

Maybe they think Fabregas will be restricted following an extra man in the team in Neymar. Neymar most likely will play the forward position that Fabregas has been playing. Either way with the flexibility Fabregas provides I just can't see it.
May have played 60 odd games but was usually on the bench for the crunch games, the year before a world cup he could do with being the main man somewhere, there is definitely enough for a muppet to work with here. Fabregas has said nothing since we put the bids in and officially neither have Barca, this has got some legs for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.