Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use your common sense, there is no chance he would come.

When I say Thiago would either stay in Barca or go to Bayern instead of choosing us here, I get similar response from the muppets.

Except he was going to sign for us until Bayern came in and the lure of his old mentor at Bayern swayed him. He was never going to stay at Barca. So you weren't right.

Not to say that Fabregas will come to us but we wouldn't have bid without significant encouragement. The change of manager will also complicate things.

None of know how close Thiago was to us or how hot we were on him. I've read a few times Moyes doubted his ability to cope with the physicality of the league. It's been written quite widely by respected journalists but (not-so) strangely almost entirely ignored here with everyone choosing to believe the line that it was he who snubbed us.

Except he was going to sign for us until Bayern came in and the lure of his old mentor at Bayern swayed him. He was never going to stay at Barca. So you weren't right.

Not to say that Fabregas will come to us but we wouldn't have bid without significant encouragement. The change of manager will also complicate things.

For that reason alone you think we really do have a genuine chance?

None of know how close Thiago was to us or how hot we were on him. I've read a few times Moyes doubted his ability to cope with the physicality of the league. It's been written quite widely by respected journalists but (not-so) strangely almost entirely ignored here with everyone choosing to believe the line that it was he who snubbed us.

Thiago himself said Pep was the main factor in his decision to go to Bayern. It's impossible to say how close he was to signing for us before Pep came in but I think it's relatively safe to assume he was going to choose Bayern if it came down to it.

Thiago himself said Pep was the main factor in his decision to go to Bayern. It's impossible to say how close he was to signing for us before Pep came in but I think it's relatively safe to assume he was going to choose Bayern if it came down to it.

I don't know. The first choice is always one you end up making, isn't it? You never hear a manager say "Actually I wanted the other job, but hey-ho here I am."

Given the reasons he cited for leaving Barcelona I find Bayern a frankly surprising choice. It's like asking to leave Newcastle because of the cold weather and ending up moving to Sunderland.

Please reread my post :lol: He was asking for a bet, I did not

He never mentioned a bet until you staked your house.

You think it's less than 1% on, therefore you bet your house. I think it's more than 1% on, but not enough on for it to be an even bet, therefore I bet my right sock against your house. Bet on?

I'll even wash the sock.

He never mentioned a bet until you staked your house.

You think it's less than 1% on, therefore you bet your house. I think it's more than 1% on, but not enough on for it to be an even bet, therefore I bet my right sock against your house. Bet on?

I'll even wash the sock.

I think its less than 1% on, therefore I bet on my house? :lol: Come on, be logical, quote me where do I say this. He is the one asking for the bet, I am asking what will he bet on, he shy away from it, so nothing occurs, understand?

Maybe Thiago knew we was going after Cesc and that he was our primary midfield target?

guys guys, you're deflecting from the point of the thread with your scuffling.

Now, what other no name twitter know nothing can we quote as having inside info now :wenger:

So you admit its just based on your assumption on something I've said, I am fine with that.

The whole point is, I don't believe any of you would genuinely believe that Fabregas would come here, other than that very slim chance solely based on the fact we've made a bid on him, and a bit of muppetry in the mix. Hence my less than 1% chance statement.

A bid is only a bid, any club can bid for any of our players too, I don't think it will increase their chance significantly based on that alone.

Less than 1% chance of signing a player that we've bid for is ridiculous.
I'd say that kind of chance should be reserved for your Ronaldos and Messis!

So you admit its just based on your assumption on something I've said, I am fine with that.

The whole point is, I don't believe any of you would genuinely believe that Fabregas would come here, other than that very slim chance solely based on the fact we've made a bid on him, and a bit of muppetry in the mix. Hence my less than 1% chance statement.

A bid is only a bid, any club can bid for any of our players too, I don't think it will increase their chance significantly based on that alone.

Bids these days usually have more work involved than just hitting send on the FAX machine. There is usually a bit of thought and legwork that goes in before then. Sounding out the respective parties, seeing if the club involved might be interested in doing business, finding out through whatever means if the player involved might be open to the move. If we've bid, and come back with an increased bid that would suggest we didn't receive a "Not for sale at any price, feck off" from Barca. And if we're bidding that would suggest to me that if a bid is accepted we may well have an inkling the player might come.

It might not happen, I'm not convinced it will, but I don't for one minute think we've just dived in with a couple of offers on a whim.

So, are you betting your house against my sock or not? That was just a bit of fun that I assumed was obvious.

Less than 1% chance of signing a player that we've bid for is ridiculous.
I'd say that kind of chance should be reserved for your Ronaldos and Messis!

Its ridiculous isn't it. I remember Blackburn once made a ridiculous bid for our Cantona too.
I don't understand why we've made a bid for Fabregas in the most improbable situation (Fabregas already expressed he wants to stay, Barca is his dream, Thiago just left Barca, Xavi in decline, and Arsenal will always be Fabregas first choice if he returns to England etc)

Its ridiculous isn't it. I remember Blackburn once made a ridiculous bid for our Cantona too.
I don't understand why we've made a bid for Fabregas in the most improbable situation (Fabregas already expressed he wants to stay, Barca is his dream, Thiago just left Barca, Xavi in decline, and Arsenal will always be Fabregas first choice if he returns to England etc)

tbf mate, I can't remember a time of United bidding, and publicly announcing a deal if they were not confident that he would come, or barca wouldn't sell. If you read back in this thread early doors when the transfer season opened, you will see an article from Irwin, who says we are going hard for him like we did RVP. Do you remember what happened when we started publicly stating that we were bidding for RVP? Of course you do, and what I'm trying to say is there is no way IMO that we would bid if we hadn't had the green light off Cesc.

They did that as a stupid "feck you" because we bid for Shearer.

It always amuses me when people speak in definites, and reiterate how this or that won't happen. None of us have a clue, and in reality we're all just talking unsubstantiated bollocks on the internet, as far as transfers are concerned.

Bids these days usually have more work involved than just hitting send on the FAX machine. There is usually a bit of thought and legwork that goes in before then. Sounding out the respective parties, seeing if the club involved might be interested in doing business, finding out through whatever means if the player involved might be open to the move. If we've bid, and come back with an increased bid that would suggest we didn't receive a "Not for sale at any price, feck off" from Barca. And if we're bidding that would suggest to me that if a bid is accepted we may well have an inkling the player might come.

It might not happen, I'm not convinced it will, but I don't for one minute think we've just dived in with a couple of offers on a whim.

So, are you betting your house against my sock or not? That was just a bit of fun that I assumed was obvious.

I don't want you sock, why would I? So I am not taking the bet for sure.

I don't understand the motives behind, other than just speculation. One could speculated that we have already approached Fabregas camp and has received encourage response, hence the bid. But even if that one was established, I still don't believe Barca would sell, why would they? There's no buy-out clause for us to activate as far as I know, at least not an affordable one like Thiago clause. And I could speculate that we are only used by Fabregas agent for their better negotiation on something, perhaps game time, perhaps major role or better contract. I do think we are getting desperate after losing out on Thiago, but there's chance that there's something more behind our bid.

Imo their Xavi replacement will be Iniesta, who'll drop deeper and play as a centre-mid. They'll then buy an Iniesta replacement in the mould of a Mata or Silva... I really can't see them trusting an outsider in the Xavi role. One possibility might be Gundogan but it depends on whether he keeps progressing at the rate he is.

Imo their Xavi replacement will be Iniesta, who'll drop deeper and play as a centre-mid. They'll then buy an Iniesta replacement in the mould of a Mata or Silva... I really can't see them trusting an outsider in the Xavi role. One possibility might be Gundogan but it depends on whether he keeps progressing at the rate he is.

Neymar could fit that bill.

I don't want you sock, why would I? So I am not taking the bet for sure.

I don't understand the motives behind, other than just speculation. One could speculated that we have already approached Fabregas camp and has received encourage response, hence the bid. But even if that one was established, I still don't believe Barca would sell, why would they? There's no buy-out clause for us to activate as far as I know, at least not an affordable one like Thiago clause. And I could speculate that we are only used by Fabregas agent for their better negotiation on something, perhaps game time, perhaps major role or better contract. I do think we are getting desperate after losing out on Thiago, but there's chance that there's something more behind our bid.

The links with Fabregas were already rumbling long before we apparently lost out on Thiago. I'm not sure how making a bid for someone we were already interested in after not signing someone we apparently never bid for is a sign of desperation.

The links with Fabregas were already rumbling long before we apparently lost out on Thiago. I'm not sure how making a bid for someone we were already interested in after not signing someone we apparently never bid for is a sign of desperation.

Indeed they was. Check Irwins little gem of an article out and notice how there is no mention of Thiago.

Neymar could fit that bill.

He's too attacking and holds on to the ball too long to play in that 3rd midfielder (attacking mid) role for Barcelona. Left wing or up front is his best positions and the former is where he will make his home at Barcelona as the other two spots will be Messi's and one other.

Indeed they was. Check Irwins little gem of an article out and notice how there is no mention of Thiago.

Yeah, I read it at the time. That also wasn't the only place the link popped up, either.

The Thiago frenzy seemed to distract everyone from it though. Smokescreen?

Yeah, I read it at the time. That also wasn't the only place the link popped up, either.

The Thiago frenzy seemed to distract everyone from it though. Smokescreen?

We are doing a lot of them this summer, aren't we? Do you think we have a top of the range one? Or a busted old one? My guess is it is old, as people keep seeing through our smoke.

This may have been discussed but is the add-on part of the rumoured bid a workaround Arsenal's profit sharing arrangement?

Well any club losing out on Thiago the way we went, would become desperate. And we also desperately need to buy a top class midfielder this summer too, there are not many available on the market. Pre-season already start so if there is half chance we would try, why not? But what we believe to be half chance, if Barca say no it means zero chance. I honestly think we have better chance of signing Bale rather than Fabregas. Barca is not in need of money, with the departure of Thiago and decline of Xavi, they now need Fabregas more than ever. I just can't think of one reason that Barca would sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.