Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but I have my problems with that. It limits Fabregas's role, makes Kagawa the main link between defense and attack and relies on us having decent wingers.

How? Fabregas has been ridiculously productive for Arsenal in a similar role, his presence means that Kagawa doesn't need to drop as deep to influence the game, and us having that sort of central axis reduces our reliance on our wingers.

This stat here is pretty crazy, if accurate - in the last 4 Prem seasons he's played most through balls (64) with Silva 2nd (46)

Likely he´ll stay at Barca, but if they spend big on a center back (Silva) they may need to do some selling. The romantic Arsenal fan may be hopeful, but surely he wouldn't go back unless he'd be presented with clear ideas on how they are going to ensure they'll be challenging on all fronts (maybe they will - so far though, nada)

At United apart from higher wages or whatever, what he'll get is guaranteed playing time and importance to a top class side lacking player(s) of his ilk

Whens the last time our manager explicitly mentioned we want a player but we didnt sign him?

You keep saying I'm deluded then...

Manchester United have launched a £15million bid for unsettled Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye, writes the Sunday People.
The champions are hoping to pip big-spending Paris St Germain and Monaco, who are both keen to take the French ace back home.
Cabaye, who cost the Geordies just £4.5m from Lille two years ago, has made it clear he would prefer to take up a fresh challenge in the Premier League.
And they don’t come any bigger than at Old Trafford, where new boss David Moyes is itching to make his first big-money signing after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson.

Start a Cabaye thread, or if one already exists, post this shit in there. This has feck all to do with Fabregas.

But, then, you knew that anyway.

It's ironic that if you did persuade Barca to accept a bid (not going to happen), the end result would be him going to Arsenal.

This stat here is pretty crazy, if accurate - in the last 4 Prem seasons he's played most through balls (64) with Silva 2nd (46)

Likely he´ll stay at Barca, but if they spend big on a center back (Silva) they may need to do some selling. The romantic Arsenal fan may be hopeful, but surely he wouldn't go back unless he'd be presented with clear ideas on how they are going to ensure they'll be challenging on all fronts (maybe they will - so far though, nada)

At United apart from higher wages or whatever, what he'll get is guaranteed playing time and importance to a top class side lacking player(s) of his ilk

It's a great stat but even Hernandez doesn't really feed off through balls.

It's ironic that if you did persuade Barca to accept a bid (not going to happen), the end result would be him going to Arsenal.

Maybe that's been Fabregas plan all along. String United along, get Barca to accept a bid, then run home to Wenger and win the league and cup and Europe and stuff.

Would you be able to stump up the cash to match the fee? Or do you still believe that if Barca accept, say £40mil from us they'd have to accept £25mil from you?

Twitching levels of our cocks as we piss ourselves laffing (while congratulating ourselves on our perspicacity): Marquee signing? 'Cabaye I reckon (though he's more two-man tent than marquee)'.

It's a great stat but even Hernandez doesn't really feed off through balls.

I remember him and Van Persie linking pretty tasty together...I think a through ball is perfectly suited to a striker who's got exquisite composure and the best first touch in the league (along with Berba)

If we were to sign him, I think our style might become more what it was at the start of 11-12 season (that amazing possession football and relentless pressuring)

Make no mistake Peter, the chances of him coming here are slim. I'd give people 20/1. But its bloody funny watching Gooners assure us how much respect he has for the Arsenal brand and how much disrespect we have for Tito's cancer.

Cesc would be an absolute revolution at all of the top 4 clubs. No doubt about it. We need him most so feck off

Make no mistake Peter, the chances of him coming here are slim. I'd give people 20/1. But its bloody funny watching Gooners assure us how much respect he has for the Arsenal brand and how much disrespect we have for Tito's cancer.

Cesc would be an absolute revolution at all of the top 4 clubs. No doubt about it. We need him most so feck off
Al was being a dick, he said so himself. I'd put the odds of Cesc turning up at OT this summer as bigger than Asteroid XY58 hitting earth last May. Cesc has no great affinity for the Arsenal 'brand', Wenger is his mentor though.

Peterstorey and Alastairs constant interventions in this thread should be enough to clearly indicate the twitching levels of their arseholes. High-very high.

:lol:

It's like if City started putting bids in for Ronaldo with him doing nothing to calm the rumours...let's be honest, we'd all be absolutely shitting it. He's told us he loves United, loves the fans, will stay at Madrid, etc... but it basically means feck all these days. Even if Fergie was still here you'd still be worried.

It won't since he won't - you're just the fluffer.

You genuinely think he's Arsenal bound? I'm not at all convinced he'll be at United, but him going to you lot doesn't look any more likely to me. Unless he's got bored of winning things and fancies playing at a club with no pressure on to be successful.

Do you think he'd re-join Arsenal just to be reunited with Wenger? Do you honestly believe that your club won't have to do some serious recruiting so he'd know he'd have a shot at the league and even CL

Why did Van Persie leave - Arsenal weren't making those big leaps forward and he wanted to win things

If he chose to go back to you without the club really improving areas of the team that need improving, I'd be both amazed and impressed

Al was being a dick, he said so himself. I'd put the odds of Cesc turning up at OT this summer as bigger than Asteroid XY58 hitting earth last May. Cesc has no great affinity for the Arsenal 'brand', Wenger is his mentor though.

None of us really know what Fabregas is thinking or what he's motivated by. Regardless, taking the Barca bid out of the equation as you seem to be doing, you're saying that there is over a 100,000 to 1 chance of him saying yes to first team football and an integral role for one of the greatest clubs ever. This as opposed to him remaining at a club he is not currently overly suited to or joining a team he will probably win nothing with.

It seems strange and unlikely that he'd call it quits there after one season, but there's some Essien's calculator shit going on here.

It seems strange and unlikely that he'd call it quits there after one season, but there's some Essien's calculator shit going on here.
I thought no batshit crazy stuff was 'unlikely' to you let alone some very probable calls (won't leave this season, would go and play for Wenger over Moyes).

Peterstorey and Alastairs constant interventions in this thread should be enough to clearly indicate the twitching levels of their arseholes. High-very high.

Alas they've both hung around long enough through the mockery to suggest they'll both be here when things do go tits up for us.

I don't think he's worth £40m. I'd want Iniesta for that kind of money.
If our latest offer goes to £35m with add-ons, I think that would be over my limit.

edit: added "over"

If Bales over £50m, then Iniesta is priceless. I'd be more than happy to spend what it takes to get Cesc, we may overpay in the short term but he'd more than make the investment worthwhile. He'd become a club icon.

It's the same as asteroid XY43 blowing the planet apart - won't happen, why worry?

But it isn't really though, you're just being glib with that. He could well join United this year, you'd have quoted similar odds for Van Persie and that happened. This might too, so what if?

This is why I think definitive statements, and waving your willy around over what will or won't happen in the transfer window is a bit silly. You'll be made to look a bit daft, like last summer, IF it happens.

But it isn't really though, you're just being glib with that. He could well join United this year, you'd have quoted similar odds for Van Persie and that happened. This might too, so what if?.
But I didn't since van ****ie clearly ran his contract down with the express purpose of making a money-grubbing move, the despicable, disloyal shitc**t.

I thought no batshit crazy stuff was 'unlikely' to you let alone some very probable calls (won't leave this season, would go and play for Wenger over Moyes).

You're posting as if you have a direct line to Cesc Fabregas, where as in reality no-one has a clue.

I would feel a little sorry for Arsenal fans if we ever did end up getting Fabregas, but truthfully some of you lot can be extremely annoying when you come crawling out the woodwork. :lol: Those 05/06 and 06/07 seasons were understandably extremely quiet, but the following season (pre-Gallas strop obviously) produced some of the most annoying people I think I've ever met. Likewise, 08/09 and 09/10 reduced the Arsenal fans I knew to depressed pining and reminiscing over Thierry Henry, only for that same cycle to repeat itself during that 10/11 season. Prior to the February/March bottling it was almost unbearable.

Funnily enough, Fabregas and Van Persie were arguably the two top performers from those two teams. I'm not entirely sure how some would cope if we ended up with both of them.

ZY 38 hitting earth was 100,000/1 which is probably about the odds of Fabregas joining Man Utd. I don't take bets on the caf anymore (phew!).

Ah, so you'd duck a wager then? Would have been interesting. I'd have taken your shortened odds, with the proceeds going to RedCafe.

Pity.

I feel for poor Glaston. :(

He is acting like a naive, dumb 18 year old bitch, who is ready to take on the world to impress her old, married crush. She is enamored and thinks that the married man would love her back if he supports her on this. Poor bitch doesn't know that the old timer is using her as it is convenient at the moment.

He is not going to leave his wife for you, Glassy. Once his purpose is solved he would drop you like a hot potato. You would be left shattered, Glassy, shattered.

Here's some proof:

Spurs will finish 5th next season, sell Bale and plunge into mid-table obscurity. Villas-Boas will go to PSG or some other European glam club.

Ah, so you'd duck a wager then? Would have been interesting. I'd have taken your shortened odds, with the proceeds going to RedCafe.

Pity.
My 'no more bets' is on record but I wouldn't be taking a 100/1 on Cesc coming back since I don't have a book and it's a disastrous asteroid hit.

He is acting like a naive, dumb 18 year old bitch, who is ready to take on the world to impress her old, married crush. She is enamored and thinks that the married man would love her back if he supports her on this. Poor bitch doesn't know that the old timer is using her as it is convenient at the moment.

He is not going to leave his wife for you, Glassy. Once his purpose is solved he would drop you like a hot potato. You would be left shattered, Glassy, shattered.

Here's some proof:
Transfer muppets on acid now?

Here's some proof:

Max Fisher from Rushmore!

Status
Not open for further replies.