Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when people are talking about encouragement they're talking about Fábregas being interested in leaving rather than Barcelona being interested in selling. Even though it's improper conduct it's generally the case that when a top club makes a bid, they'll have already spoken to the player/player's agent and have been told that they are open to a move if their club can agree on a fee.

And the player can deny all knowledge should the bid fail. It's been the way things are done for years, like it or loath it.

It only gets messy when the player tries to force the selling club's hand when the bids don't work.

Storey-lite making a prick of himself shocker.

As for Fabregash, obviously he's the sort of player we need but to buck the trend slightly, I don't think he's as amazing as people suddenly think he is and with all this shit I really am not bothered whether he comes or not. The latter being most likely.

:lol:

Internet is serious business.
This is one of the main reasons I'm afraid to post in the football forum..it can get scary

Hey, I just thought the guy was confused. He'd asked for an apology, I showed him one, then he suggested Al should just say sorry. I was just pointing out that they are the same thing.

You think people suddenly think he's amazing? You don't think people have been saying he'd be absolutely perfect in our team for years?

Hey, I just thought the guy was confused. He'd asked for an apology, I showed him one, then he suggested Al should just say sorry. I was just pointing out that they are the same thing.

I know, I agree.

I can't see 30m being enough. I think it'll have to go closer to 40m if I had to guess, and that's just to get it accepted. We'd then have to persuade him to sign.

I wasn't disagreeing with you it's the other person that seemed a bit off

You think people suddenly think he's amazing? You don't think people have been saying he'd be absolutely perfect in our team for years?

Funnily enough, I thought he was overrated until his last season with Arsenal and his first season with Barca. Then again, I never liked RVP either, till he joined us. Yeah, I knew he was a great player but I thought all the gushing over him was a bit much. Then I got to see first hand, week in, week out, just how good he really is and more so, how dedicated and professional.

I'm not sure if Fab would be the perfect fit for us, but he would certainly be an amazing signing, if we pull it off.

I
I can't see 30m being enough. I think it'll have to go closer to 40m if I had to guess, and that's just to get it accepted. We'd then have to persuade him to sign.

I really think he'd sign if Barca accepted a bid. Just like RVP.

Shame he doesn't have a personality like Ronaldo who needs to be loved by fans and appreciated by the backroom staff at all times, we would have a far more likely chance to get him if so.

.... All you do is act the Billy big balls, seemingly forgetting that you support fecking Tottenham. ...

Your sense of MUFC 'entitlement' is showing, but it's all in vain ... Gollum still can't have his 'precious'.

And you're forgetting the bit where he gets offered to Arsenal.

Do you think he'll move if Barca tell him they've accepted a bid?

Yes, I think that's the only way it will happen. I think he'd leave if he doesn't think he's wanted/needed, but not otherwise.

I don't believe we've had this mythical come-on from Fabregas or his agents. I think we're bidding on the chance that Barcelona, who have after all resoundingly failed to tell us to stop bidding, are hoping that we're desperate enough to throw a massive fee at them, and that they will accept it and Fabregas will then leave.

The problem, for me, is that I don't think we'd be willing to go as high as Barca's idea of a 'massive fee'. I think we'll go up to £40mil, and no higher. Barca will be looking for £45mil or more. That might seem like a completely over the top price, but then as I say I don't think they want to lose him. They just want to see if we're desperate enough to let them rob us blind. They know Moyes has somewhat committed himself with his comments about the midfield needing strengthening.

The nice thing about pre-season friendlies and being a Cleverley fanboy is that I no longer care. I'd be ecstatic if we got someone as good as Fabregas or Modric. But I'll also be very pleased if Cleverley gets to finally be our proper first-choice partner to Carrick, instead of having to share the role with every half-suitable player in our squad. So either way I'm pleased. :D

Your sense of MUFC 'entitlement' is showing, but it's all in vain ... Gollum still can't have his 'precious'.
It's not entitlement at all. You laugh at United as if they're shit. You support Spurs, you mug. The last time you got near a league title Arsenal were carrying the trophy through North London on top of a bus, and that was nearly 10 years ago.

What are you even posting in this thread for anyway? It isn't about Bale, Spurs aren't trying to sign Fabregas, and if you reckon he wouldn't sign for United, he sure as shit wouldn't sign for the second best team in North London. At least Storey has a tenuous link to this thread. You're clearly just here to troll, and what makes a Spurs twat think he has any trolling grounds on a United forum is beyond me.

Enjoy the Europa League, again.

I think when people are talking about encouragement they're talking about Fábregas being interested in leaving rather than Barcelona being interested in selling. Even though it's improper conduct it's generally the case that when a top club makes a bid, they'll have already spoken to the player/player's agent and have been told that they are open to a move if their club can agree on a fee. Fábregas being open to a move here would be a huge thing even if Barcelona decide not to sell him. I've never got the impression that it's something Fábregas would want to do though which is what makes this all very strange.

This is the only reason I'm tempted to think it's not an outright bizarre move. Surely everyone does this nowadays?

Yes, I think that's the only way it will happen. I think he'd leave if he doesn't think he's wanted/needed, but not otherwise.

I don't believe we've had this mythical come-on from Fabregas or his agents. I think we're bidding on the chance that Barcelona, who have after all resoundingly failed to tell us to stop bidding, are hoping that we're desperate enough to throw a massive fee at them, and that they will accept it and Fabregas will then leave.

The problem, for me, is that I don't think we'd be willing to go as high as Barca's idea of a 'massive fee'. I think we'll go up to £40mil, and no higher. Barca will be looking for £45mil or more. That might seem like a completely over the top price, but then as I say I don't think they want to lose him. They just want to see if we're desperate enough to let them rob us blind. They know Moyes has somewhat committed himself with his comments about the midfield needing strengthening.

The nice thing about pre-season friendlies and being a Cleverley fanboy is that I no longer care. I'd be ecstatic if we got someone as good as Fabregas or Modric. But I'll also be very pleased if Cleverley gets to finally be our proper first-choice partner to Carrick, instead of having to share the role with every half-suitable player in our squad. So either way I'm pleased. :D

Sadly I agree on Fab. He's only been there a year at his dream club nonetheless, though £45 million would still be a good deal for us. I don't think Cleverley will be good enough for us as a first choice CM. Fabregas should be the sort of standard of player we would be looking for in our team.

Sadly I agree on Fab. He's only been there a year at his dream club nonetheless, though £45 million would still be a good deal for us. I don't think Cleverley will be good enough for us as a first choice CM. Fabregas should be the sort of standard of player we would be looking for in our team.

We'll see. I don't expect Cleverley to become Fabregas, obviously, but I think he's going to surprise a lot of people.

I reckon they would accept £40million, they need to boost that defence urgently and they've already spent £50million on Neymar so could do with the revenue

I reckon they would accept £40million, they need to boost that defence urgently and they've already spent £50million on Neymar so could do with the revenue

Yep, there's a chance. As I said earlier in the thread, if it happens then it will be on our next bid, which will amount to £40mil.

... You laugh at United as if they're shit. ...

What I find amusing is your pursuit of 'marquee' signings under Moyes ... and nor am I alone in seeing it as a somewhat botched job so far.

You seem to be outraged by this ... and to translate it, in somewhat paranoid fashion, into hilarity concerning your club in general. But you might try lightening up a bit.

What I find amusing is your pursuit of 'marquee' signings under Moyes ... and nor am I alone in seeing it as a somewhat botched job so far.

You seem to be outraged by this ... and to translate it, in somewhat paranoid fashion, into hilarity concerning your club in general. But you might try lightening up a bit.
Yawn.

I just think you're a tit, in general. It's not a new feeling, nor is it one I'm alone with.

Explain?
Who have we bid for and failed to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.