Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find amusing is your pursuit of 'marquee' signings under Moyes ... and nor am I alone in seeing it as a somewhat botched job so far.

You seem to be outraged by this ... and to translate it, in somewhat paranoid fashion, into hilarity concerning your club in general. But you might try lightening up a bit.

:lol::lol:

What I find amusing is your pursuit of 'marquee' signings under Moyes ... and nor am I alone in seeing it as a somewhat botched job so far.

You seem to be outraged by this ... and to translate it, in somewhat paranoid fashion, into hilarity concerning your club in general. But you might try lightening up a bit.

Fabregas is literally the only signing that Moyes has been remotely open about and we haven't failed to sign him yet. I know you're worried that we'll sign your one man team but I'd lay off trying to insult the club considering how much of a joke Spurs have become in the transfer market in recent years. Levy is basically a parody of himself, not to mention you had good old transfer muppet 'Arry at the club declaring his interest in anyone and everyone.

I can't really think of a system to get the best out of both Fabregas and Kagawa. Or at least, not one we're likely to use.

I'd love us to go back to 4-3-3/4-5-1 with inside forwards but thats a pipe dream at this point. Besides RVP and Bale would be moving into the same space under such a system.

If we are successful in buying Fabregas, how does he fit in with Kagawa in the formation? Part of a 3 man midfield with Carrick behind?

4231 I'd imagine.

Carrick-Fabregas​
Winger-Kagawa-Winger​
Van Persie​

If we are successful in buying Fabregas, how does he fit in with Kagawa in the formation? Part of a 3 man midfield with Carrick behind?
I can't really think of a system to get the best out of both Fabregas and Kagawa. Or at least, not one we're likely to use.

I'd love us to go back to 4-3-3/4-5-1 with inside forwards but thats a pipe dream at this point. Besides RVP and Bale would be moving into the same space under such a system.

Eh?

It'd clearly be Fabregas in midfield with Carrick. Then Kagawa in behind RVP.

I know its typical to say this, but I think we might hear something on Monday. At least I hope so.

Eh?

It'd clearly be Fabregas in midfield with Carrick. Then Kagawa in behind RVP.

Probably, but I have my problems with that. It limits Fabregas's role, makes Kagawa the main link between defense and attack and relies on us having decent wingers.

You keep saying I'm deluded then...

Manchester United have launched a £15million bid for unsettled Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye, writes the Sunday People.
The champions are hoping to pip big-spending Paris St Germain and Monaco, who are both keen to take the French ace back home.
Cabaye, who cost the Geordies just £4.5m from Lille two years ago, has made it clear he would prefer to take up a fresh challenge in the Premier League.
And they don’t come any bigger than at Old Trafford, where new boss David Moyes is itching to make his first big-money signing after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson.

I would be extremely upset if we ended up signing Cabaye.

tough shit. Better off signing someone rather than no one at all and going through another season with our CM options. But for now, the Fab dream/delusion is still alive.

tough shit. Better off signing someone rather than no one at all and going through another season with our CM options. But for now, the Fab dream/delusion is still alive.

Well we won't be signing Cabaye so I guess I don't really need to worry all that much.

He wouldn't be first choice but he's probably better than everyone we currently have, bar Carrick.

Yeah, he is better, but that's not really saying much. Our lack of good midfielders over the past few years has clearly skewed people's perceptions on what a 'good midfielder' actually is.

I personally really don't rate Cabaye (the Cabaye thread is testimant to that). Don't get me wrong, he is a decent midfielder but I don't feel he is 'top 4' material and I really hope we aim higher. For what it's worth, I would certainly take McCarthy over Cabaye and he would be cheaper.

I'm hoping this Fabregas lark bears a positive result, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

Tactically I think this would be a better signing than Thiago would have been.

PL experience
Has played in the deep lying role a fair amount.
I reckon he would compliment Carrick perfectly

Modric is a good player but as much as he'd improve the team he was always far too expensive for the prices we were quoted/rumoured to need to secure his signature. £40m-odd player he's never been.

Yeah, he is better, but that's not really saying much. Our lack of good midfielders over the past few years has clearly skewed people's perceptions on what a 'good midfielder' actually is.

I personally really don't rate Cabaye (the Cabaye thread is testimant to that). Don't get me wrong, he is a decent midfielder but I don't feel he is 'top 4' material and I really hope we aim higher. For what it's worth, I old certainly take McCarthy over Cabaye and he would be cheaper.

I'm hoping this Fabregas lark bears a positive result, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

I must admit I haven't seen enough of Cabaye to judge one way or the other, but I've seen him at his best and he looks like a a very assured, composed, cultured midfielder, who can really pick a pass and keep the play ticking over. I think he'd most likely improve at a bigger club, with better players around him. Can't be too bad if he's getting in the France team.

Storey-lite making a prick of himself shocker.

As for Fabregash, obviously he's the sort of player we need but to buck the trend slightly, I don't think he's as amazing as people suddenly think he is and with all this shit I really am not bothered whether he comes or not. The latter being most likely.

He was hands down the best central midfielder in the league at a time when the EPL was stronger across the board than it is now. Played his best football in a two man midfield and contributed a tonne of goals and assists as well as dictating games. He'd be perfect for us. It borders on the undeniable for me.

Sincerely doubt its going to happen though and Peter's overdue a bit of actual gloating about us. He's hung around and took the flak for the best part of a decade, and contributed alot of interesting and constructive stuff to the football forums in that time too, so if things do go tits up for us I don't begrudge him his day in the sun.

I'll still piss myself at his reaction if we do actually sign Cesc though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.