Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're so gay.
Wow. Sexual harassments on Internet. Not good Cider. What's next? Racial slurs or just cheap shots? Oh wait, that's line is already crossed.

I know there are institutions who help patient like you but bad economy force many of you out on the streets. That's bad but don't miss trust. Your life can be rich and meaningful without medications and therapy treatments.

Lets now stay OT and discuss what this thread is about. Can you do that little man?

Moyes is desperate for a big name to make United fans feel better about Rooney's impending departure too. Rooney's departure with no big signing = media talking about decline.

That and the obvious need for a central midfielder, we are desperate and if there's a slight chance of getting Cesc then I don't see why we shouldn't be in for him. Moyes is only making himself look worse if he talks openly about players then fails to sign them.

That's a bit harsh. Obviously it's sad about Tito, and everyone will wish him the best, but the world goes on. Football is a business, Barca is his place of work. If you were ill and left your job would the place you work shut up shop? Do businesses stop doing business with each other if one of the employees resigns through illness? United have done nothing wrong here, and it's cnutish of you to suggest otherwise. You should be infracted for that post, you prick.

Who knows what United knew or didn't know? I'm saying that it came across like that to me, and I feel I'm justified for thinking that. I'm hardly the first person to say it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do business, but I'm suggesting that what is the purpose of putting in bids when they don't have a manager?

Clearly not. It's on, as they say. What we ought to be worried about at this stage is getting hijacked.

United never worry about that. We didn't worry when we bought Ronaldinho, or Robben, or Nasri, or Lucas, or .....

Hmmm.

Maybe a change of policy should be considered. Like prioritising the acquisition of a vital player above trying to shave a few million off the price.

If he is to be sold, which I still think is unlikely, Arsenal will do everything within their power to make sure Cesc comes back here.

For the sake of football in this country, let's hope he just stays.

Everything in their power, is ringing Fabregas's agent and asking him does he fancy returning to Arsenal, and when they reply no, Arsenal's power is as about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop.

Wow. Sexual harassments on Internet. Not good Cider. What's next? Racial slurs or just cheap shots? Oh wait, that's line is already crossed.

I know there are institutions who help patients like you but bad economy force many of you out on the streets. That's bad but don't miss trust. Your life can be rich and meaningful without medications and terathy treatments.

Lets now stay OT and discuss what this thread is about. Can you do that little man?

You really are tiresome.

Everything in their power, is ringing Fabregas's agent and asking him does he fancy returning to Arsenal, and when they reply no, Arsenal's power is as about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop.

Well it's nice to see you respect other clubs. Wenger delayed for 3 weeks dealing with all the clauses in Cesc's contract before he sold him. He did it for a reason.

For show? How would that work? We'll not look flash if it doesn't come off, we'll look like clowns who've been rejected.

And then the next target will hype the price up as they'll know we've got £35m handy, not used on Fabregas.

Not if the next target is Fellaini who has a lower buyout clause.

I'm hoping this isn't the case. The public nature of the bids isn't how we normally go about things. Would we go this far just to appease the fans? Unlikely imo.

It's a different era for us on many fronts.

Even if you take away Fabregas' qualities as a player, why would Barcelona allow him to go when they've got so few players there anyway?

It doesn't make much sense. I imagine United are dealing with Cesc's agent more than anything. Putting in another bid the day after their manager resigns is a bit odd too. You can't imagine anything will be sanctioned until they get a new boss, and then, you'd have thought they'd want as little upheaval as possible.

Quite why United felt the need to bid as soon as Vilanova resigned is quite poor form too, but obviously your conduct as a club in the transfer market is beyond reproach.

I guess it depends on how they view Pedro and probably to a lesser extent Sanchez. Those two with Neymar added give them variety up top, where as before Fabregas would get a fair few games up there. Neymar can take over for Messi when they want to rest him as well. Not sure how much they rate Tello as well.

Deeper there's still room for Fabregas but right now that trio of busquets, xavi and iniesta still has about 2 seasons to go. I'm not too clued up what other young players they have but whilst Fabregas would still get a lot of games he's probably gonna have to wait a few seasons to really become an important player and that's even if they think he can take Xavi's role, if he's seen more as an a/m than with iniesta it could be a fair while.

Plus I don't know what their cash levels are like but could be they need cash to stengthen the defence which you'd think they'd do. Could be a situation where they don't particularly want to sell but they might just might need to, to improve the team now, and then they'll think on Xavi's replacement over the next two seasons or so if they don't have someone already in mind. Plus maybe Fabregas himself would like to be a fixture of a team rather than someone who is just slotting in.

Even if you take away Fabregas' qualities as a player, why would Barcelona allow him to go when they've got so few players there anyway?

It doesn't make much sense. I imagine United are dealing with Cesc's agent more than anything. Putting in another bid the day after their manager resigns is a bit odd too. You can't imagine anything will be sanctioned until they get a new boss, and then, you'd have thought they'd want as little upheaval as possible.

Quite why United felt the need to bid as soon as Vilanova resigned is quite poor form too, but obviously your conduct as a club in the transfer market is beyond reproach.

You're statements are based on the assumption that we have made an unsolicited second bid. There's nothing to suggest that was the case.

All I'm saying is that there's a lot that doesn't add up. There are plenty more hoops to jump through before you get this one done.

No one would disagree with that. ofcourse there's a lot of work that needs to done before this deal can be concluded. Just saying that the barca board would have known about Tito's condition long before it was given out to the media.

This is precisely why I dont think much would have changed after Barca's last presser even though initially i thought that tito's resignation would have plaeyed a huge part. now i really think that we're dealing with the board rather than the manager.

:confused: We'd already bid once by then. Given that we won't have been dealing with Vilanova himself, should we just stop all transfer business with them? Do you think they've stopped their pursuit of Thiago Silva?

Bit desperate to use a man's cancer to try and cast aspersions on United's transfer policy, Alastair.

Well it's nice to see you respect other clubs. Wenger delayed for 3 weeks dealing with all the clauses in Cesc's contract before he sold him. He did it for a reason.

Arsenal were a side in decline back when they sold Fabregas and in the years he's been away it's got even worse. I don't have much hope in United signing him because I think Barcelona would be crazy to sell him but I think there's almost zero chance of a return to Arsenal.

Who knows what United knew or didn't know? I'm saying that it came across like that to me, and I feel I'm justified for thinking that. I'm hardly the first person to say it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do business, but I'm suggesting that what is the purpose of putting in bids when they don't have a manager?
That's not what you were getting at at all.

It doesn't matter what we did or didn't know, I haven't even suggested we didn't know, but Tito resigning doesn't stop Barca from rolling on as a club. Do you think they're all off because their manager left? They're most likely in work, doing club business. All we've done is continue to conduct club business with them. You're simply trying to have a little sly dig at the club, and considering your using the sickness of someone to do it, it's a bit cnutish.

Poor form? Their manager resigns so moyes should stop doing his job properly? That's stupid.

It's got nothing to do with respecting other clubs, if a player does not want to play for you, you have no power. It doesn't matter if you're Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona or Arsenal, if someone makes their mind up about joining another club, you're powerless.

I guess it depends on how they view Pedro and probably to a lesser extent Sanchez. Those two with Neymar added give them variety up top, where as before Fabregas would get a fair few games up there. Neymar can take over for Messi when they want to rest him as well. Not sure how much they rate Tello as well.

Deeper there's still room for Fabregas but right now that trio of busquets, xavi and iniesta still has about 2 seasons to go. I'm not too clued up what other young players they have but whilst Fabregas would still get a lot of games he's probably gonna have to wait a few seasons to really become an important player and that's even if they think he can take Xavi's role, if he's seen more as an a/m than with iniesta it could be a fair while.

Plus I don't know what their cash levels are like but could be they need cash to stengthen the defence which you'd think they'd do. Could be a situation where they don't particularly want to sell but they might just might need to, to improve the team now, and then they'll think on Xavi's replacement over the next two seasons or so if they don't have someone already in mind. Plus maybe Fabregas himself would like to be a fixture of a team rather than someone who is just slotting in.

I appreciate what you're saying, and I don't think for a second that Fabregas is going to displace the Xavi/Iniesta axis there, but I just don't see him giving up on it. He's actually played loads of first team football for Barcelona, and to go after two seasons just strikes me as being hugely unlikely.

Yes they need to strengthen defence, but they've just received £18m for Thiago and another couple for Villa. At zero net spend they could sign a top class CB.

Alastair using Vilanova's illness to have a cheap dig at United. Neviller is right, what a fecking prick.

Wtf. More insane than normal

I'm finding this whole thing quite strange, I just can't imagine him in a united shirt at all.

Too many people have quoted me on the same post so I'll just address it without quoting them:

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm talking about how this supposed bid might come across, and how it struck me.

It's not a sly dig. It's not using someone's illness to score points. I'd like to think that people who read my posts regularly would know I wouldn't try to imply that under any circumstances.

I appreciate what you're saying, and I don't think for a second that Fabregas is going to displace the Xavi/Iniesta axis there, but I just don't see him giving up on it. He's actually played loads of first team football for Barcelona, and to go after two seasons just strikes me as being hugely unlikely.

Yes they need to strengthen defence, but they've just received £18m for Thiago and another couple for Villa. At zero net spend they could sign a top class CB.

They'll probably go for Garay :D

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117
Improved bid for Fàbregas was submitted before Tito Vilanova resigned, the press only leaked it today.

Too many people have quoted me on the same post so I'll just address it without quoting them:

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm talking about how this supposed bid might come across, and how it struck me.

It's not a sly dig. It's not using someone's illness to score points. I'd like to think that people who read my posts regularly would know I wouldn't try to imply that under any circumstances.
It is a sly dig, stop trying to wriggle out of it. Everyone who has read your comment knows what you were getting at. You even mentioned our conduct in the transfer market, and how it's beyond reproach. Smacks of sarcasm.

What you've just done, using Tito's illness as a way of making a snide dig at United, is fecking pathetic.

Improved bid for Fàbregas was submitted before Tito Vilanova resigned, the press only leaked it today.

Hmm. I was hoping our improved bid was a sign that Tito's resignation didn't change anything. Not the case now.

So if it was before the guy resigned, how come they've not rejected it yet Arsenal fans? of course this twitter guy could be talking shite but let's not go there...:)

That's how it comes across to you, right? Why, though?

Why should business for other clubs change because they're changing managers? We're still interested in the player and believe they are willing to sell and have to do the best for our own club. Also, you seem to feel us putting in a bit is a somewhat insulting or negative act at a bad time. I don't see how there is anything negative about it at all. It's a bit, it's barca's to accept or reject. This is part of football, not some sly manoeuvre were pulling.

That sounds good. Keeping the momentum is vital. Just curious who leaked the new bid?

It is a sly dig, stop trying to wriggle out of it. Everyone who has read your comment knows what you were getting at. You even mentioned our conduct in the transfer market, and how it's beyond reproach. Smacks of sarcasm.

What you've just done, using Tito's illness as a way of making a snide dig at United, is fecking pathetic.

OK, you've got the wrong end of the stick here. Calm down, and send me an aggressive PM if you want so this cavernous thread doesn't get derailed.

You didn't stop at poor form though, you added a comment about what we do being beyond reproach, which is a clear dig at the club.

Darren Fletcher had to leave to go for an operation. Should we not look for a midfielder out of respect to him?

That's how it comes across to you, right? Why, though?

Why should business for other clubs change because they're changing managers? We're still interested in the player and believe they are willing to sell and have to do the best for our own club. Also, you seem to feel us putting in a bit is a somewhat insulting or negative act at a bad time. I don't see how there is anything negative about it at all. It's a bit, it's barca's to accept or reject. This is part of football, not some sly manoeuvre were pulling.

Well as Steve posted, if the bid came in before but was only leaked after, this is a non-issue.

You have to do the best for your club, but all I'm saying is that the way the leak came across could easily have been taken the wrong way. When I saw it, I thought immediately that it seemed you were striking while they were in a bit of turmoil. That's probably unfair, looking back.

You didn't stop at poor form though, you added a comment about what we do being beyond reproach, which is a clear dig at the club.

Darren Fletcher had to leave to go for an operation. Should we not look for a midfielder out of respect to him?

:lol:

I was referencing the thread where people claimed United acted with better conduct than anyone else in the transfer market, something that regardless of this deal, I find debatable.

OK, you've got the wrong end of the stick here. Calm down, and send me an aggressive PM if you want so this cavernous thread doesn't get derailed.
I haven't gotten the wrong end of the stick at all, neither had anyone else who has read your post, and I'd respect you more if you just admitted what you were getting at and left it at that. Trying to worm your way out makes it worse.

"Poor form" "conduct as a club" "beyond reproach" the sarcasm is hanging out of your post, and it's clearly what you were implying. I'm saying no more on the subject, other than that you're a bit of a cnut for posting that.

People on twitter saying that SSN have reported that Fabregas said he would be happy to join Utd if the clubs can agree a fee, anyone seen that?

Status
Not open for further replies.