Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially if its a house being constructed in said player's home city. I mean why would a footballer do that?

He, yeah - the lad is in his mid-twenties. It could be, possibly, that he would like to move back home at some stage, regardless of where he intends to play football for a - very - limited number of years.

The people that are saying there's no chance, don't get they probably said the same with Robin Van Persie. I don't know why we're talking about smokescreens. There is no such thing. Clubs don't go into the market without viable alternatives. There's no conspiracy but, even if we sign Fabregas, we'll probably sign others. The performances of certain youngsters might give Moyes something to think about though

Why do we need a smokescreen for Fellaini? He has a release clause and we haven't been interested on him yet. If we want to sign him we can do it without bidding 30m for Fabregas.

Because for some reason to the Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime on here buying Fellaini would be a disgrace and public admission that we cant go for the top players

You'd understand if it was interest in Fellaini to be smokescreen for signing Fabregas. Not the other way round. That would be ridiculous.

I think we've finally worked out Arsenal's plan of transition is to actually sell us all of their players over the next 20 years and slowly but steadily become completely absorbed by our club.

Would we then be able to count their league titles as ours? And their European Cups as w... oh wait, no, forget that bit...

Imagine if they said yes!
We'd look like fools, backing out of that.

Vasey I did google it was 09/10
After that, i was in the pub watching them vs Barca. Some Arsenal fan said they were now gonna win the whole competition, as they were easily good enough cause they've just beat Barca right? I had him a £200 bet they wouldn't even make it to the next round. Needless to say i never saw him again. Deluded cockney twat.

I think we've finally worked out Arsenal's plan of transition is to actually sell us all of their players over the next 20 years and slowly but steadily become completely absorbed by our club.

Fred the Red will use Gunnersaurus as his attack dinosaur and ride him into battle.

Twitter journos like Darren Can are saying this is a no go

he knows nothing more than anybody, but seems to think people using the "there must be encouragement" to keep bidding are mugs.

I just can't understand our comments about having news soon, sending Woodward back, constant press comments about us being very confident etc, if there hasn't been some encouragement from either Fab's camp or Barcelona.

Would be stupid otherwise.

Which player do you think will become next in line as the latest marquee target for Moyes to try for?

We could never top your wheeling dealings. Bidding for half of European second rate strikers on deadline day, and failing to sign any of them is typical tottenham.

Well boys I'm back. Time for some fun.

I'm so optimistic about our new offer. £30m with add ons. Can't beat that. I'm also very glad we took our time and waited five six days before upper our first rejected bid, that's how you handle stubborn negotiaters. Don't stress just suck their energy out in a waiting game before making the final hit. Woody seems to know his stuffs.

Then I'm especially satisfied about Moyes latest comments. Bang on and no fuzz. On top off that Robin gave them something to think about. Mind games on highest level. I'm sure this can't go wrong. No way after showing such a impressing transfer strategy. We where on the right track from the beginning, just a matter of time.

Now I can rest and feel comfortable. I'm also blessed with brand new friends. Cider. Rowem and a very nice guy called Charlie. My lucky day. Katshing!

If I can joke before goodnight I think our latest offer is to low. If Barca are interested to sell we probably have to increase our bid another 5-8m, but that will come. We can't lose this one.

I'm so optimistic about our new offer. £30m with add ons. Can't beat that. I'm also very glad we took our time and waited five six days before upper our first rejected bid, that's how you handle stubborn negotiaters. Don't stress just suck their energy out in a waiting game before making the final hit. Woody seems to know his stuffs.

Then I'm especially satisfied about Moyes latest comments. Bang on and no fuzz. On top off that Robin gave them something to think about. Mind games on highest level. I'm sure this can't go wrong. No way after showing such a impressing transfer strategy. We where on the right track from the beginning, just a matter of time.

Now I can rest and feel comfortable. I'm also blessed with brand new friends. Cider. Rowem and a very nice guy called Charlie. My lucky day. Katshing!

If I can joke before goodnight I think our latest offer is to low. If Barca are interested to sell we probably have to increase our bid another 5-8m, but that will come. We can't lose this one.

31m with add ons. Your move, 7even.

he knows nothing more than anybody, but seems to think people using the "there must be encouragement" to keep bidding are mugs.

I just can't understand our comments about having news soon, sending Woodward back, constant press comments about us being very confident etc, if there hasn't been some encouragement from either Fab's camp or Barcelona.

Would be stupid otherwise.

Darren cnut can go feck himself :)

Have we ever bid without having a hope of signing a player before? I don't think we have. Obviously it's a new era and new guys running things, but had Fergie and Gill been in charge right now it'd be fair to say we would all be super excited.

There's definitely been something to encourage us as far as this deal is concerned. In my opinion anyway. I just can't see us making the bid, then upping it, if we have no suspicion at all that he might be available. If he categorically didn't want to come, and they categorically don't want to sell him, I don't think we'd have upped the bid.

There's definitely been something to encourage us as far as this deal is concerned. In my opinion anyway. I just can't see us making the bid, then upping it, if we have no suspicion at all that he might be available. If he categorically didn't want to come, and they categorically don't want to sell him, I don't think we'd have upped the bid.

Clearly not. It's on, as they say. What we ought to be worried about at this stage is getting hijacked.

You're so gay.

Even if you take away Fabregas' qualities as a player, why would Barcelona allow him to go when they've got so few players there anyway?

It doesn't make much sense. I imagine United are dealing with Cesc's agent more than anything. Putting in another bid the day after their manager resigns is a bit odd too. You can't imagine anything will be sanctioned until they get a new boss, and then, you'd have thought they'd want as little upheaval as possible.

Quite why United felt the need to bid as soon as Vilanova resigned is quite poor form too, but obviously your conduct as a club in the transfer market is beyond reproach.

Clearly not. It's on, as they say. What we ought to be worried about at this stage is getting hijacked.

If he is to be sold, which I still think is unlikely, Arsenal will do everything within their power to make sure Cesc comes back here.

For the sake of football in this country, let's hope he just stays.

I can't help but feel this is all for show.
I'm hoping this isn't the case. The public nature of the bids isn't how we normally go about things. Would we go this far just to appease the fans? Unlikely imo.

I can't help but feel this is all for show.

For show? How would that work? We'll not look flash if it doesn't come off, we'll look like clowns who've been rejected.

And then the next target will hype the price up as they'll know we've got £35m handy, not used on Fabregas.

The public nature of bids implies Moyes is a tad worried about his perception among the supporters. In 25 years under Ferguson, leaks were very rare.

Cabaye I reckon (though he's more two-man tent than marquee).

Cabaye could be a good shout. But Moyes is a game lad, a real trier, so I'm thinking there might be one more 'big name' attempt before he gets to contemplating Newcastle's riches.

I'll have a guess at De Rossi .... 'cos trying to hijack Chelsea's bid has got to be worth a shot at least.

Even if you take away Fabregas' qualities as a player, why would Barcelona allow him to go when they've got so few players there anyway?

It doesn't make much sense. I imagine United are dealing with Cesc's agent more than anything. Putting in another bid the day after their manager resigns is a bit odd too. You can't imagine anything will be sanctioned until they get a new boss, and then, you'd have thought they'd want as little upheaval as possible.

Quite why United felt the need to bid as soon as Vilanova resigned is quite poor form too, but obviously your conduct as a club in the transfer market is beyond reproach.

only if you believe that the barca board came to know about tito's resignation at the same time as us commoners.

Moyes is desperate for a big name to make United fans feel better about Rooney's impending departure too. Rooney's departure with no big signing = media talking about decline.

That's a bit harsh. Obviously it's sad about Tito, and everyone will wish him the best, but the world goes on. Football is a business, Barca is his place of work. If you were ill and left your job would the place you work shut up shop? Do businesses stop doing business with each other if one of the employees resigns through illness? United have done nothing wrong here, and it's cnutish of you to suggest otherwise. You should be infracted for that post, you prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.