Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the people on here that claimed Fabregas actually isn't very good - during his Arsenal days of course - come out of the woodwork if we sign him.

Don't think any of us doubt his ability. It's just that he's become a bit of a playacting cnut since going back there.

I don't like this saga, preferred the Thiago one.

Or maybe I'm just shielding myself from more potential pain.

Gervinho and Andre Santos next hopefully.

I think we've finally worked out Arsenal's plan of transition is to actually sell us all of their players over the next 20 years and slowly but steadily become completely absorbed by our club.

I hope the people on here that claimed Fabregas actually isn't very good - during his Arsenal days of course - come out of the woodwork if we sign him.

This place can be accused of many things, but disputing the ability of Fabregas is not something i can personally recall. Out of interest, when was his quality ever questioned during his time at Arsenal? Despite being unable to regain his Arsenal form at Barca, his ability is still generally undisputed. Most would correctly recognize it's the quality of those in front of him denying him sufficient opportunity, rather than any slight upon him.

Bit weird that our offers keep getting leaked. They never used to, did they?

This place can be accused of many things, but disputing the ability of Fabregas is not something i can personally recall. Out of interest, when was his quality ever questioned during his time at Arsenal? Despite being unable to regain his Arsenal form at Barca, his ability is still generally undisputed. Most would correctly recognize it's the quality of those in front of him denying him sufficient opportunity, rather than any slight upon him.

This place never ceases to surprise me at times. I definitely had an argument with at least one poster that basically claimed Fabregas was over-rated or some such nonsense. I can't be too sure whether the debate was centred around Fabregas of if it was some off-hand remark. It was indeed during his Arsenal days.

Anyway. Lets hope this one ends on a positive note. What a signing he would be.

Don't think any of us doubt his ability. It's just that he's become a bit of a playacting cnut since going back there.

Rings true to me. I would add that he's always been a bit of a playacting cnut. I don't know, he would strengthen us considerably, only a fool would deny that. But this idea of Fabregas and RVP playing for us next season, which so many seem to drool over, isn't something which fills me with childlike joy, to be honest. It would be business more than personal pleasure for me.

This place never ceases to surprise me at times. I definitely had an argument with at least one poster that basically claimed Fabregas was over-rated or some such nonsense. I can't be too sure whether the debate was centred around Fabregas of if it was some off-hand remark. It was indeed during his Arsenal days.

Anyway. Lets hope this one ends on a positive note. What a signing he would be.

thanks for clearing that up robbie, Now i know the scale of what we're up against, i concur with your demand that this solitary poster retracts his possible off hand remark before such absurd trains of thought become commonplace.......! ;)

completely agree with the last line. :)

Rings true to me. I would add that he's always been a bit of a playacting cnut. I don't know, he would strengthen us considerably, only a fool would deny that. But this idea of Fabregas and RVP playing for us next season, which so many seem to drool over, isn't something which fills me with childlike joy, to be honest. It would be business more than personal pleasure for me.

Sorry mate, but considering your stance on Rooney staying and scoring goals for us I find that strange or rather contradictory.

thanks for clearing that up robbie, Now i know the scale of what we're up against, i concur with your demand that this solitary poster retracts his possible off hand remark before such absurd trains of thought become commonplace.......! ;)

completely agree with the last line. :)

It wasn't just one poster though, I'm sure if you search back through threads you will quite easily find people on here down-playing his ability. And as I said already, it was probably more to do with the fact that he can be a-bit of a twat at times, and that often clouds peoples rational judgement on players.

Was there not a thread made here once that wad titled 'Fabregas is overrated' or something along those lines. Even if it was only one or two posters, it was still one or two posters - I never claimed it was the general consensus. It was just one of those things that stood out to me, I guess. I hope this has offered more clarity. ;)

But you have a problem with it being so for RVP and Fabregas but not for Rooney?

I don't get your meaning - or you don't get mine: Rooney staying and scoring goals for us is business. Buying RVP or Fabregas (both world class players) is business. Makes sense as it strengthens the team. I don't like any of these players on a personal level. I want Rooney to stay because I think he can still be a very handy for player for us, not because I think he's a particularly charming human being.

Graham Hunter on talksport just said he is totally confused by this transfer bid. Says Fabregas is building a new house on the beach etc etc.

I must say I haven't heard anything to convince me that Fabregas would want to join us...what is this all about?

Speaking of TalkSport, Andy Mitten was on there about half an hour ago apparently saying it's very likely to happen because we're confident, and Fabregas wants to come.

feck graham hunter. Last time he basically guaranteed thiago was coming. He don't know shit.

It wasn't just one poster though, I'm sure if you search back through threads you will quite easily find people on here down-playing his ability. And as I said already, it was probably more to do with the fact that he can be a-bit of a twat at times, and that often clouds peoples rational judgement on players.

Was there not a thread made here once that wad titled 'Fabregas is overrated' or something along those lines. Even if it was only one or two posters, it was still one or two posters - I never claimed it was the general consensus. It was just one of those things that stood out to me, I guess. I hope this has offered more clarity. ;)
Anonymous Internet users have some crazy opinions : Shocker

Ah, now being considered a twat! He certainly won't be lonesome in that company on here! :D

Graham Hunter on talksport just said he is totally confused by this transfer bid. Says Fabregas is building a new house on the beach etc etc.

I must say I haven't heard anything to convince me that Fabregas would want to join us...what is this all about?

Maybe he is building a new house on the beach to say a final goodbye to Barcelona. Maybe he is gay like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.