Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Barca's bluster about Cesc being non transferable is just a ploy to increase the final fee.

I think this may be different. With all the sagas (Thiago, Moura, Sneijder etc) we hear a lot of talk but nothing definitive. With Cesc, as with RvP last year, we seem to be letting our bids and interest become public.

(Did we make Moura public? I can't really remember?)

Yes I think Fergie did.

I reckon Barca's bluster about Cesc being non transferable is just a ploy to increase the final fee.

Could well be. I feel this latest bid will put that statement they made to test.

I'm just arguing that it's stupid to claim that anyone bidding for Rooney is being silly without admitting the same about Fabregas, when Fabregas has been much more vociferous about staying than Rooney has. You can have it one way or the other, fine, but not both.

Bids for Rooney are far from silly. I dont see him at the club next season, it actually makes more sense than our bid for fabregas. Its the bid amount for Rooney that's being termed as silly if its 20mil.

Arsenal will take Fabregas if he's leaving Barca (which he isn't).

I can sense the twitch in your sphincter. :lol: You will either be laughing your cock off at us if he doesn't move, laughing your cock of at us and relishing having a great player back in your team..... or...... getting the absolute piss taking right out of you for all your nobhead comments and predictions by several hundred of us. In fact, you will probably disappear for a while, although I will repeatedly reiterate your words about us losing 3 or 4 of our first 5 games.

But don't fret, there are so many nobheads in here, you can easily blend into the background.

Well they've definitely not given United that impression behind the scenes. I would imagine "not for that price" was the message sent after the first bid.

The chat is fairly standard stuff, even if we don't get him it's good that we're actively trying for someone and Moyes comments are encouraging. Fabregas plus maybe another younger midfielder who could be Carricks long term replacement would be an awesome summer.

The idea of Fabregas moving back to Arsenal just seems bizarre. There's 3 teams head and shoulders above them, and then you have the Tottenham's and even Liverpool sniffing just behind them.

The only reason he'd go back is loyalty. Yet if he was that loyal he wouldn't have left!

Granted. But you also have to take into account how much he was purchased for, and what he has done in his seasons at barca to suggest that we pay more than they paid?

Barca got him for a very cheap price. At the time everyone was saying Fab should have cost them around 45-50 mil. And how much would Fab actually be worth to us? We need a world class CM and there's not much better out there than Cesc, we should be prepared to pay huge money. He would be sensational for our team.

It does look now like we were half assed with Thiago for a reason. I think we have had noises from the Cesc or Barca camp that a move is possible and that's why we held back and pursued Fabregas instead.

I wish we had just offered £60m-£70m for both and sorted the midfield out in one swoop :drool:

Out of interest, how would Barcelona lineup without Cesc if either Iniesta or Xavi were injured? Would they go 4-2-3-1 with Busquets and Song? Surely they'd need to add another CM to their squad?

It does look now like we were half assed with Thiago for a reason. I think we have had noises from the Cesc or Barca camp that a move is possible and that's why we held back and pursued Fabregas instead.

I wish we had just offered £60m-£70m for both and sorted the midfield out in one swoop :drool:

He didn't want both, just Fabregas and Bale. :devil: The latter is would come, but Evil Levy wouldn't let it happen.

Bids for Rooney are far from silly. I dont see him at the club next season, it actually makes more sense than our bid for fabregas. Its the bid amount for Rooney that's being termed as silly if its 20mil.

That's exactly what I've been saying. Agree about the amount, that's just wasting our time. I wouldn't start listening till offers hit £40mil, because I think he's the sort of lad who'll immediately be much happier here if he can just find some convincing form. A good season (or even half season) and he'll sign a new contract.

Personally, I don't think either has much chance of moving, but that's more a hunch than anything else and I wouldn't argue with someone who disagreed.

The idea of Fabregas moving back to Arsenal just seems bizarre. There's 3 teams head and shoulders above them, and then you have the Tottenham's and even Liverpool sniffing just behind them.

The only reason he'd go back is loyalty. Yet if he was that loyal he wouldn't have left!

I have highlighted the moment that you lost your credibility.

Barcelona must have given some encouragement of a deal for United to make an improved bid.

It does seem incredibly unlikely to happen, almost so that you have to wonder why we are bidding, there must have been some indication that he's for sale/willing to join us. We have been chasing him all summer and are now throwing bids at Barcelona. They have said he's not for sale yet we still made a bid, Cesc apparently told Barcelona he wants to stay at the club but again we are still making bids, something doesn't add up. Either Barcelona are full of shit or we are that retarded to waste time on this transfer, not quite sure which one at the moment.

Barcelona must have given some encouragement of a deal for United to make an improved bid.
Deffo, i can't imagine this situation:

'We'll give you £25m'
'He's not for sale, under any circumstances. He's non-transferrable. At all.'
*Woodward flies to Spain, as some people are reporting*
'We'll give you £30m'

I think whoever said it up there ^ was right, it will have been a 'not at that price' rejection for the first bid.

What kind of add-ons are included in deals like this?
Extras for a certain number of appearances/title wins I'd have thought. Didn't Arsenal get an extra £1.5m when we won the league?

Appearance add-on, trophy add-on, goal add-on, sell on clauses etc.

One, all, some or none of these i would have thought.

Be like 'if he scores 20 PL goals you get +£1m, if we win the CL with him making more than X appearances in the comp, you get +£2m' etc.

Not necessarily. I'd expect Chelsea to improve their offer for Rooney as well.

Totally different. Rooney is confused and angry. He is giving off all the vibes that he wants to leave.

Sell on clause is we make a profit they get some , appearances for us and probably the national squad, we have to pay when set appearance numbers are reached are probably the main ones.Possibly money if we win trophies.

Must have, simply must have. Unless we are really naive. Or unless he wants a new deal at Barcelona and has given us the come-on.

How long did that little bit of tinkering take you? It really wasn't worth it.

Seen as I have such a low post count and photographic memory, you probably shouldn't have bothered. If you were just taking the piss, then I hope you had a nice little goofy chuckle to yourself.

How long did that little bit of tinkering take you? It really wasn't worth it.

Seen as I have such a low post count and photographic memory, you probably shouldn't have bothered. If you were just taking the piss, then I hope you had a nice little goofy chuckle to yourself.

I really doubt you have a photographic memory. Care to prove it? .

Not necessarily. I'd expect Chelsea to improve their offer for Rooney as well.

If United get a Marquee signing I expect to us to accept an improved bid for Rooney, although United would much prefer to sell to a foreign club.

Oh good some pointless thread-derailing dickswinging coming up. Suppose we could hang tires off them, we've got the weather for it.

So is this bid £30m or £35m? Some are reporting one while some reporting the other.

£35m + Add ons would be a tempting offer if they are willing to do a deal.

I'd imagine it is £30M and the add-ons would take it to around £35M.
Ahhh right so more like £30m cash now, £35m overall.

Hmm, still a confusing situation as no-one except those close to the deal really know what the crack is at the moment!

For a deal that supposedly has no likelihood of happening, we're really not giving up here. I can't remember many transfers where the manager has been so vocal and the club has been so public about the bids and their amounts before.

I reckon if the club really thinks there's a chance of this happening then their next bid will amount to £40mil, and if Barca are ever going to let him go then that's the one they'll go for.

Still sceptical about the whole thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.