Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rooney's going anywhere. But if trying to sign Rooney, who still hasn't made any public statement saying he's staying, is silly, then trying to sign Fabregas, who only a month or so ago said this -

"I've always said that I'm happy at Barca. Whoever says that I'm leaving doesn't know me and has never spoken with me, said the 26-year-old. Nor with my agent, because he knows that I don't want him to talk with other people about me. I'm very private and I don't even talk about these things with my family. If someone says anything that isn't that I want to play at Barca, it's completely absurd"

- is doubly so.

Is your name Mr Naïve? You can't believe the majority of this type of guff! Wenger came out and said Fabregas and Nasri were going nowhere a couple of weeks before they were off. Same with VP.
We're saying the same with Rooney, when he might go.
Liverpool are saying the same with Suarez.

It's posturing.

The second you say someone might go, it weakens your hand.

SSN saying £30 million + add ons bid made yesterday apparently. If Barcelona are willing to sell at £35 million, we should just pay that and get this done.

We must be confident that he will come then. And I think it is save to say that this is not a smokescreen now.

Why are we fannying around with 30 mil offers. They will obviously want the £35 mil that they bought him for.

I think that offer is pretty good tbh, and barca may just snatch our hand off.

Good to see we're not fecking around this summer.

Why are we fannying around with 30 mil offers. They will obviously want the £35 mil that they bought him for.

It's how basic negotiations work. If we started with 35m they would have thought "that was easy, lets try and get some more".

Lets hope we get some good news from this.

Equally we should be wary of another club coming in.

Well if someone else comes in and bids 35m, I'm sure we'd be able to match it. Just saying it's common sense to start the bidding below your spending limit.

We'll dance around for a few weeks, and then City or Chelsea will stroll in at the last minute.

Keep us on top of any other brilliant insights you get into how this transfer will work mate.

Because you do? We negotiated for ages for Lucas before PSG came in at the death and paid full whack. The same could well happen again.

We'll dance around for a few weeks, and then City or Chelsea will stroll in at the last minute.

What are we doing to indicate that we are dancing around here? We have made two bids within a week! We want him, that much is clear.

I think we have approached this transfer very generously tbh. First off a 26m bid, now a 30m + add-ons. I don't think we are fannying around at all.

peterstorey also said RvP would never join United.

Do you think Cesc will be a United player next month?

Nor do I. I am speculating as much as anyone else so stop being a twat.

You're not speculating as much as anyone else. I aren't speculating at all for a start, so I wouldn't say you're speculating to the level of me.

What annoys me is when someone comes in with a post like "They obviously want their 35 million." How would anyone know that? How could Shaggy of redcafe know anything about this transfer?

I think we're playing a blinder here. We obviously are getting some encouragement from Fabregas' camp that he'd be willing to move here, and we're testing Barcelona's resolve with thought-provoking offers. They are in a predicament whereby they need to raise funds to pay for Messi's astronomical wages and Neymar's transfer. If they want to strengthen their defence with the reported signing of Thiago Silva, they'll most definitely need to sell first.

I think we're going to pull this one off. What a spectacular signing this will be.

I understand why Arsenal fans wouldn't be happy, but why would Fabregas return to a team that's not better then the one he left? I don't think he'd return out of loyalty alone. I think he would if Arsenal were serious contenders. He's probably seen RVP and realized it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I think this may be different. With all the sagas (Thiago, Moura, Sneijder etc) we hear a lot of talk but nothing definitive. With Cesc, as with RvP last year, we seem to be letting our bids and interest become public.

(Did we make Moura public? I can't really remember?)

I think we have approached this transfer very generously tbh. First off a 26m bid, now a 30m + add-ons. I don't think we are fannying around at all.

It depends if Barca secretly want to sell him, or if they'd only sell him if an amazing offer comes in. If they don't want to sell him then we won't get anywhere with £30 mil, it will probably take £40 mil+.

There is every chance Fab could go back to barca, but we seem confident he will come to us, otherwise we wouldn't even be bidding for him IMO. We must have had the green light off his representatives.

Fabregas is never going to speak out in public about leaving till he actually pens a deal elsewhere. He's a local lad who's never going to burn bridges till he has a new contract in hand. That doesnt mean he hasnt indicated to our team that he's willing to leave. I dont see any other reason why we'd have made a bid.

I'm just arguing that it's stupid to claim that anyone bidding for Rooney is being silly without admitting the same about Fabregas, when Fabregas has been much more vociferous about staying than Rooney has. You can have it one way or the other, fine, but not both.

You're not speculating as much as anyone else. I aren't speculating at all for a start, so I wouldn't say you're speculating to the level of me.

What annoys me is when someone comes in with a post like "They obviously want their 35 million." How would anyone know that? How could Shaggy of redcafe know anything about this transfer?

I don't know. I am speculating based on the previous price they paid for him, we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and I am just guessing. We may as well just close the thread if we can only discuss things that we are certain about.

It depends if Barca secretly want to sell him, or if they'd only sell him if an amazing offer comes in. If they don't want to sell him then we won't get anywhere with £30 mil, it will probably take £40 mil+.

Granted. But you also have to take into account how much he was purchased for, and what he has done in his seasons at barca to suggest that we pay more than they paid?

Is your name Mr Naïve? You can't believe the majority of this type of guff! Wenger came out and said Fabregas and Nasri were going nowhere a couple of weeks before they were off. Same with VP.
We're saying the same with Rooney, when he might go.
Liverpool are saying the same with Suarez.

It's posturing.

The second you say someone might go, it weakens your hand.

Ffs, you're the second person who hasn't bothered to look at what I was replying to! I'm not saying that the Fabregas quotes prove anything, I'm just saying that IF you think it's silly to bid for Rooney (as the poster I was replying to did) then it's definitely silly to bid for Fabregas, since there's a lot more evidence that Fabregas wants to stay than there is that Rooney wants to stay.

Leave off the 'Mr Naive' bullshit until you actually understand what you're replying to, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.