Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought he was a repellent and a good one too. Why would you want to work under someone who for years ruled pretty much with an iron fist, who had ultimate say over EVERYTHING (he virtually appointed his successor for feck sake!) when you could instead play for a fly-by-night with zero control over the dressing room who will probably be sacked within a year, if not certainly two, who you've not really got to pay much attention to or even bother to learn their name e.g 99% of other coaches who due to the weakness and insecurity of their own position are likely to let you get away with murder.

If I was a certain type of player then working for Sir Alex would be the last thing I'd want to do.
To get to the top players will have trained for many thousands of hours under many different coaches. The players to get to the top have to apply themselves with a ton of dedication and to get to the top have learned a work ethic and discipline which I think would mean that very few have the attitude you are alluding to. if you are a player who has worked so hard and diligently since a kid, through youth ranks till you get to become a pro capable of playing in the top divisions then you are unlikely to be the type of player who wants choose a coach who is a weak one.

To get to the top players will have trained for many thousands of hours under many different coaches. The players to get to the top have to apply themselves with a ton of dedication and to get to the top have learned a work ethic and discipline which I think would mean that very few have the attitude you are alluding to. if you are a player who has worked so hard and diligently since a kid, through youth ranks till you get to become a pro capable of playing in the top divisions then you are unlikely to be the type of player who wants choose a coach who is a weak one.

Tell John Terry that.

I don't think he could ever just lose that, it wasn't a fluke.
He maybe doesn't play in that position the way the system at Barcelona requires him to, but I think he could slot back into midfield for clubs not playing tiki-taka, and who don't value possession so much, quite easily. In the Messi, Xavi, Iniesta era, Barcelona's midfield was never going to be shaped to suit Cesc's best qualities, which is probably what he needs.

That's the thing, I'm not saying Cesc is rubbish just that he doesn't work into Barcelona's system any longer. Even with the NT, he often looks out of place and if Del Bosque finds strikers who can find the back of the net, not sure how he displaces anyone in the XI.

Plus, if Thiago starts for Bayern, perhaps not at the WC but going forward Fabregas must wonder if he'll be usurped by Isco & Thiago for Spain

Fabregas' first ever Liga game iirc was at home to Villarreal. He played in an attacking midfield role swapping positions with Messi and he/it was brilliant, admittedly, but the fact is that isn't his natural position. So how could it have become evident to Pep after a run of games in midfield that it wouldn't work and that he would need to change things up when the first start Cesc had he was already getting played out of position...

Beginning, yes and they often were playing a 3-4-3. That lasted all of a few matches and why? Because he was like a lost puppy.

Like I've said in other threads, you wouldn't need a match to see what was blatantly obvious even in training, Cesc is technically inferior to the other midfielders at the club (Save Song since Mascherano never plays there anyway). Pep's game is predicated on possession and if you're a liability, how many touches do you think a player like that is going to get in the middle of the park?

Bollocks that he's "lost it" from CM. You just have an incredibly flawed system. If a midfielder of Fabregas' abilities is deemed too incompetent to play in it then I think it's obvious where the problem lies. I'd understand if Cesc was this deep-lying quarterback type player who just pings 50 yard passes all day but he isn't. He did it at Arsenal often because of the space afforded to them which Barcelona don't ever see in their matches but he also played a lot more intricate, eye of the needle stuff too. He's more than able to slot into that team and play at a high level. He's got a better final ball/killer pass than Xavi has.

Not sure why you would take it personally, it is what it is. Moreover, Barcelona has a flawed system? Let's not whip out our trophies and compare eh?

All you need to do is look at the matches between Arsenal & Barcelona and see how exposed he was in midfield compared to ours

Not sure why you would take it personally, it is what it is. Moreover, Barcelona has a flawed system? Let's not whip out our trophies and compare eh?

All you need to do is look at the matches between Arsenal & Barcelona and see how exposed he was in midfield compared to ours
Well you don't want to whip out the trophies and compare. United unlike barca are the dominant force in their own league. How far are barca behind real again? Is it 10 league titles?

And only one European cup between the two.

Well you don't want to whip out the trophies and compare. United unlike barca are the dominant force in their own league. How far are barca behind real again? Is it 10 league titles?

And only one European cup between the two.

I do want to whip em out and compare if Pep's system is going to astonishingly be described as flawed by a Gooner. In this era and with this 'flawed' system, no one has won more trophies. No one.

He isn't technically inferior at all. Unless you just mean ball control in tight spaces. His shooting technique is great and ability to play the final ball is sublime. He's got a bite from his time in England too.

As I've said before its about style rather than quality. Barcelona could have found loads of wide players better than pedro over the last few years. He isn't a special player. But he suited their system to the tee.

I do want to whip em out and compare if Pep's system is going to astonishingly be described as flawed by a Gooner. In this era and with this 'flawed' system, no one has won more trophies. No one.
Obviously the system isn't flawed. It's a stupid claim. And if a player doesn't fit in then it's just a mismatch not a flaw in the system itself. If anything the system has been the biggest reason for barca's success of late. Not just what pep has brought but the tiki taka itself, although I don't like it.

And the whip out the trophies was aimed at a gooner? What do you expect him to whip out exactly! :)

Ogden say we've yet to have a response to our bid. If this is true this is extremely interesting to say the least. It could mean they're waiting to meet with player and his representatives which would may indicate that they're quite willing to sell.

Beginning, yes and they often were playing a 3-4-3. That lasted all of a few matches and why? Because he was like a lost puppy.

Like I've said in other threads, you wouldn't need a match to see what was blatantly obvious even in training, Cesc is technically inferior to the other midfielders at the club (Save Song since Mascherano never plays there anyway). Pep's game is predicated on possession and if you're a liability, how many touches do you think a player like that is going to get in the middle of the park?

This is a spot on post, Fabregas is technically inferior and it is a fact. Doesn't make him an awful player, even someone like Schweinsteiger would struggle in Barcelona's midfield. They require players with a very fluid and effortless technique, and very quick decision-makers too... Fabregas is a touch slow when compared to Xavi and Iniesta and it is very obvious. You only need to look at the many highlight reels of him in a Barca shirt to see that is very much evident.

Such a criticism has no bearing on whether or not he'd be a success at United because we're a different team tactically and he'd look incredibly skilled in our midfield. Play him in a deeper position and he looks tremendous because he can play the game at his own pace.

[quote="amolbhatia100, post: 13854205, member: 4910"]He isn't technically inferior at all. Unless you just mean ball control in tight spaces. His shooting technique is great and ability to play the final ball is sublime. He's got a bite from his time in England too.

As I've said before its about style rather than quality. Barcelona could have found loads of wide players better than pedro over the last few years. He isn't a special player. But he suited their system to the tee.[/quote]

That is a major staple of what makes a Barcelona player, their ability in tight spaces. It's what United have struggled in, players in midfield who are capable of dribbling the ball when faced with alot of pressure.. Barcelona with their current style of play need players who are exceptional ball carriers in midfield and Cesc is not exceptional by their standards.

[quote="amolbhatia100, post: 13854205, member: 4910"]He isn't technically inferior at all. Unless you just mean ball control in tight spaces. His shooting technique is great and ability to play the final ball is sublime. He's got a bite from his time in England too.

As I've said before its about style rather than quality. Barcelona could have found loads of wide players better than pedro over the last few years. He isn't a special player. But he suited their system to the tee.

That is a major staple of what makes a Barcelona player, their ability in tight spaces. It's what United have struggled in, players in midfield who are capable of dribbling the ball when faced with alot of pressure.. Barcelona with their current style of play need players who are exceptional ball carriers in midfield and Cesc is not exceptional by their standards.[/quote]
Yes but that's taking one aspect very seriously and ignoring others. He isn't exceptional by their standards at that. But he's better than many of their players at other things like playing the killer pass or shooting technique or positional sense with regards to goal getting. He's a brilliant player, just not at the right club.

That's the thing, I'm not saying Cesc is rubbish just that he doesn't work into Barcelona's system any longer. Even with the NT, he often looks out of place and if Del Bosque finds strikers who can find the back of the net, not sure how he displaces anyone in the XI.

Plus, if Thiago starts for Bayern, perhaps not at the WC but going forward Fabregas must wonder if he'll be usurped by Isco & Thiago for Spain

Could this be a reason he might be considering moving? Wenger's "one more year" comment has really made me think its on the agenda. He must feel like a square peg trying to it into a round hole in your midfield, knowing that he could slot in seamlessly elsewhere. At the same time though, he must fancy biding his time to see if he can make that spot his own in the post Xavi era because there just aren't tailor made like-for-like Xavi replacements out there.

And the 'flawed system' comment was silly. It's been the perfect system for your team in an era of domination for you guys. The fact that Fabregas doesn't fit into it, doesn't make it flawed but at the same time it doesn't make him flawed either, just incompatible.

Dunno if this was said yesterday but the Times say Woodward has flown to Spain

This is a spot on post, Fabregas is technically inferior and it is a fact. Doesn't make him an awful player, even someone like Schweinsteiger would struggle in Barcelona's midfield. They require players with a very fluid and effortless technique, and very quick decision-makers too... Fabregas is a touch slow when compared to Xavi and Iniesta and it is very obvious. You only need to look at the many highlight reels of him in a Barca shirt to see that is very much evident.

Such a criticism has no bearing on whether or not he'd be a success at United because we're a different team tactically and he'd look incredibly skilled in our midfield. Play him in a deeper position and he looks tremendous because he can play the game at his own pace.

Precisely and frankly why I think a return to the Premiership would be the best thing for Barcelona & Cesc. Even before the Thiago rumours began to pick up steam, I though Fabregas would be more ideal for United. Now? It's obviously a very different set of circumstances but with Tito out, I do wonder what this will mean for everyone

Has Fabregas spoken or confirmed a desire to stay at Barca since we confirmed the bid?

I don't think so but players tend not to say anything either way. The most telling thing is we've not had a response yet from our first bid.

The coach getting sick again ruined this I think. Cesc will want to wait who is the new coach surely.
i doubt there is any new coach coming in to tell him he will get games in front of whats there already. his situation wont change I think

I don't think so but players tend not to say anything either way. The most telling thing is we've not had a response yet from our first bid.
bit like Rooney yeah. but like Rooney if he was sure he was staying I think we would have heard from him. And like Jose and Chelsea we wouldnt have bid and made it public were we not encouraged to do so by his people.

I'm sure that if he likes barca as a club, this represents a reason to rethink...
not sure what you mean. its been obvious for years he's loved Barcelona as a club. thats why he went there. but this is world cup year. and he wants to play. and if he doesnt get picked in the club team first choice then he has little chance of it during the WC. so his situation remains the same no matter who comes in. lots of people have left united for regular football despite loving the club.

Barca decide who comes and goes not the coach. This isn't England.

He's saying Barca's choice of coach could affect Fabregas' decision. Not that whatever coach might come in will have a say on Fabregas' future.

It's hard to tell how important the system really is when you have a player like Messi in your team, you look pretty toothless when he's missing so I'm inclined to believe that the quality of players has far more of an impact than any system. If Arsenal and Barca traded their respective systems with one another it would have far less of an impact than swapping even two or three players imo.

Put Messi in a Stoke shirt next season and it would probably result in Mark Hughes being hailed as some kind of tactical genius by the season's end.

He's saying Barca's choice of coach could affect Fabregas' decision. Not that whatever coach might come in will have a say on Fabregas' future.

Unless they appoint Wenger or Fabregas's dad, I doubt it.

Wow, I leave th thread for 12 hours and suddenly Fabregas is shit. Have I missed something?

Is anyone actually saying that, or are you just misinterpreting FCBarca explaining that Fabregas isn't suited to their system?

I wonder if United went public with this to take the heat off the Rooney situation? It has worked, if that was their intention.
You must admit that if this was the case then we are in deep trouble. It's easy to understand that we can't do business if we don't have any seller or attractive objects but we make meaningless noiseses without any purpose.

Moyes talks about hard work behind the scenes. Woodward collecting flying points. We mention our interest in Fabregas. We're waiting. Waiting. Nobody seems to know our intentions.

Right now it's better that Moyes and Woddy keep silence until we have done some serious business, otherwise we look totally clueless.

Everyone else has been making feckload of noise for years. We generally say feck all. Outcome? Criticism.

We've seemingly joined in with the feckload of noise making with everyone else. Outcome? Criticism.

You must admit that if this was the case then we are in deep trouble. It's easy to understand that we can't do business if we don't have any seller or attractive objects but we make meaningless noiseses without any purpose.

Moyes talks about hard work behind the scenes. Woodward collecting flying points. We mention our interest in Fabregas. We're waiting. Waiting. Nobody seems to know our intentions.

Right now it's better that Moyes and Woddy keep silence until we have done some serious business, otherwise we look totally clueless.

You're a glass half empty guy aren't you?
"Deep trouble" is ridiculously exaggerative.

Ladies and Gentleman. I present to you a prime example of this poster making up any old shit to have a pop at the club, even if it means criticising them for doing what he said they should do last week
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/press-conference-thread-2013-2014.373488/page-17#post-13798682

Transfer market is similar to dating a hot birds. Show attraction and you will see magic. United is one of the biggest and most famous clubs in the world. When we show our interest in a player it will count, you can bet on that.

I have no idea of our approach against Thiago but our totally public silence didn't exactly helped the case. It would be intersting to see the reactions if we in public had shown our interest. Sometimes we need to adjust our strategy if it not working with silenze stampa.

silence is better than bullshit mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.