Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think we're going to get him. The fact that we have been public about it makes me think that the club believes we have reason to be confident for some matter or other.

I really think we're going to get him. The fact that we have been public about it makes me think that the club believes we have reason to be confident for some matter or other.

And Cesc has yet to publicly say that he wants to stay.

The whole idea of signing him seems so absurdly unlikely that it must be on :devil:

We've got to be doing something so why not believe its this?

We'd be wise to probably try and speed this up in the wake of the sad news re Vilanova, and it's not ideal to look at this way, but we don't want to risk any new manager being desperate to keep him and to play him a lot more

Who knows, it may be impossible to speed it up, Fabregas himself may want to wait and see on the new manager

Even to free up some cash for the new manager to impress his slant on the team?

The club could do all the right things, back Moyes with funds as high as poosible but if Barcelona aren't willing to sell then what can be done ? In truth anything can happen, Barca could change their vision but it's just something I don't see.I don't expect any signing of that magnitude this summer. I'm not really optimistic with Moyes at the helm, it was hard enough with SAF.

And Cesc has yet to publicly say that he wants to stay.
I think he got tired of it: Fabregas, 26, is rumoured to be interesting both Manchester United and former club Arsenal but the Spaniard has brushed off talk of leaving Barcelona this summer. He said: “I’ve always said that I’m happy at Barca. Whoever says that I’m leaving doesn’t know me and has never spoken with me. “Nor have they spoken with my agent, because he knows I don’t want him to talk with other people about me. “I’m very private and I don’t even talk about these things with my family. “If someone says anything that isn’t that I want to play at Barca, it’s completely absurd.”

Pfft, that's obviously code, Pete:

peterstorey said:
I think he got tired of it: Fabregas, 26, is rumoured to be interesting both Manchester United and former club Arsenal but the Spaniard has brushed off talk of leaving Barcelona this summer. He said: “I’ve always said that I’m happy at Barca. Whoever says that I’m leaving doesn’t know me and has never spoken with me. “Nor have they spoken with my agent, because he knows I don’t want him to talk with other people about me. “I’m very private and I don’t even talk about these things with my family. “If someone says anything that isn’t that I want to play at Barca, it’s completely absurd.”

@Pete

Those quotes aren't recent though are they, close to a month old, and nothing from him or his agent since we've made a bid unless I have missed them. Not that I would say I feel confident that we'll be signing him

The club could do all the right things, back Moyes with funds as high as poosible but if Barcelona aren't willing to sell then what can be done ? In truth anything can happen, Barca could change their vision but it's just something I don't see.I don't expect any signing of that magnitude this summer. I'm not really optimistic with Moyes at the helm, it was hard enough with SAF.

SAF was a tightarse that believed too much in value. I am his greatest fan, a fellow jock and have an uncle that is a dead ringer for SAF. :-)

But, I believe he put off potential signings as much as encouraged them. He has a love him or hate him personality, hence I don't believe that a Moyes' team would be any less attractive than a SAF team.

Personally, I appreciated the SAF humour and mannerisms, I sure them, but I think Moyes has much more about him than most give him credit for.

This coming season was always going to be a tough test mentally and I believe SAF knew that the pressure of it was more suited to a younger man.

We should be united behind Moyes for at least as many years as it took SAF to be successful.

SAF was a tightarse that believed too much in value. I am his greatest fan, a fellow jock and have an uncle that is a dead ringer for SAF. :-)

But, I believe he put off potential signings as much as encouraged them. He has a love him or hate him personality, hence I don't believe that a Moyes' team would be any less attractive than a SAF team.

Personally, I appreciated the SAF humour and mannerisms, I sure them, but I think Moyes has much more about him than most give him credit for.

This coming season was always going to be a tough test mentally and I believe SAF knew that the pressure of it was more suited to a younger man.

We should be united behind Moyes for at least as many years as it took SAF to be successful.

I will behind him and the team without a doubt, I just can't help but having this feeling of confidence loss when I see him trying to sign some good players. The start of the season is not that far away and apart from Varela (who won't feature that much as it's his first season), so far it doesn't look promising at all. Never mind signing players, the Rooney case is a poison that needs to be taken care of quickly. The longer it drags, the less confident I feel.

Those injuries were the start of the downward spiral no? Him leaving was one of the best decisions of Guardiola's reign wasn't it? Age is arbitrary, he was deadwood to Barcelona to ensure the Guardiola plan went ahead.
You know that in hindsight, that's the point. Back then it was a brave and big decision to let him go.

I'm also sure that Fabregas won't come though. Not necessarily because of the Vilanova situation but because the transfer never made sense from Barca's point of view unless, like in 2008, they have some big plan that we're not aware of.

I agree that we should be behind him but there is no chance that Moyes will get 5 years here, let alone more if he doesn't win a trophy in that time. It's a different age nowadays where a club like United can't afford to go that long without success. Sir Alex also took over United in a much worse condition then what Moyes is taking over, so it's not really comparable.

I will behind him and the team without a doubt, I just can't help but having this feeling of confidence loss when I see him trying to sign some good players. The start of the season is not that far away and apart from Varela (who won't feature that much as it's his first season), so far it doesn't look promising at all. Never mind signing players, the Rooney case is a poison that needs to be taken care of quickly. The longer it drags, the less confident I feel.

I hear you.

It is easy to be a naysayer as it is a win, win position. I am of the opinion that Woodward and Moyes did not cobble together a lowly offer together in the hope of unsettling the player. For that reason logic dictates there has to be more in it. How much more we will know for sure, hopefully soon.

The Arse supporters in here don't want it to be true, more than the actually believe it not to be.

Poor old Tito's health may have just changed the ball game though.

I agree that we should be behind him but there is no chance that Moyes will get 5 years here, let alone more if he doesn't win a trophy in that time. It's a different age nowadays where a club like United can't afford to go that long without success. Sir Alex also took over United in a much worse condition then what Moyes is taking over, so it's not really comparable.

Do you actually believe we won't win a trophy in the next 5 years? Good grief, the end is nigh!

I hear you.

It is easy to be a naysayer as it is a win, win position. I am of the opinion that Woodward and Moyes did not cobble together a lowly offer together in the hope of unsettling the player. For that reason logic dictates there has to be more in it. How much more we will know for sure, hopefully soon.

The Arse supporters in here don't want it to be true, more than the actually believe it not to be.

Poor old Tito's health may have just changed the ball game though.

I'm honestly not being a naysayer just to be on the safe side of things. It really is what I feel.

The manager stepping down makes absolutely no difference. People should hear themselves. Fabregas might refuse to move and stay because of the health of a person who is no longer the manager?

Kouroux we are in a fantastic position look at the younger players and how they are going to improve without any signings! IMHO we will sign Baines and Fellaini and I'd be happy with that they will strengthen the team no doubt. The loss of Rooney is a blow but not as much as it would have been 2-3 years ago. Moyes has not put much of a foot wrong sinse becoming gaffer IMHO!

The manager stepping down makes absolutely no difference. People should hear themselves. Fabregas might refuse to move and stay because of the health of a person who is no longer the manager?

No no, not Fabregas' position will change, possibly Barcas.

Isn't it more that he could get more opportunities under a new manager?

The new manager will only have a partial say in all of that. Chairmen/Presidents etc call the shots. If they have decided to let Fabregas go - he'll go. If the new manager would put up a fight he'll be very unlikely to be the main appointed in the first place.

Why? They'll carry on as normal. Chelsea signed Hazard when they had no manager last summer, I seem to recall

I am thinking more along the line of delays. Delays aren't healthy in this current market. Don't get me wrong, I am still a believer. :-)

Since when did the prospect of playing for Sir Alex attract star players? Most of the self-centred buggers never mentioned him on signing...

I am thinking more along the line of delays. Delays aren't healthy in this current market. Don't get me wrong, I am still a believer. :-)

I can't see any reason for a delay whatsoever. It isn't like Ferguson stepping down which left a big feck-off decision making vacuum at the club. The man who sets the formation and gives instruction during the game has resigned. It's all very sad but it's not as if the business of the club will miss a beat whatsoever.

Since when did the prospect of playing for Sir Alex attract star players? Most of the self-centred buggers never mentioned him on signing...

I always thought he was a repellent and a good one too. Why would you want to work under someone who for years ruled pretty much with an iron fist, who had ultimate say over EVERYTHING (he virtually appointed his successor for feck sake!) when you could instead play for a fly-by-night with zero control over the dressing room who will probably be sacked within a year, if not certainly two, who you've not really got to pay much attention to or even bother to learn their name e.g 99% of other coaches who due to the weakness and insecurity of their own position are likely to let you get away with murder.

If I was a certain type of player then working for Sir Alex would be the last thing I'd want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.