Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought he was a repellent and a good one too. Why would you want to work under someone who for years ruled pretty much with an iron fist, who had ultimate say over EVERYTHING (he virtually appointed his successor for feck sake!) when you could instead play for a fly-by-night with zero control over the dressing room who will probably be sacked within a year, if not certainly two, who you've not really got to pay much attention to or even bother to learn their name e.g 99% of other coaches who due to the weakness and insecurity of their own position are likely to let you get away with murder.

If I was a certain type of player then working for Sir Alex would be the last thing I'd want to do.

I think most players we're after have greater ambition than to get away with murder.

So, do players get signed at weekends (unless it's transfer deadline weekend) or are we done until Monday?

Regardless I highly doubt we'll see Fabregas moving anytime soon. Don't see Barcelona's president selling players when they've yet to appoint a new manager.

So maybe people shouldn't be so dismissive over arsenal. They are still an attractive side to play for. And Fabregas and Wenger seem to have a great relationship.

Lol! Yup, he'll ONLY move to Arsenal.

Unless, you know, United make a bid. And Barca accept it. Then he'd happily go to United too.

But ONLY Arsenal, or United... or staying at Barca.

The major appeal Arsenal hold, when attracting players, is probably their footballing philosophy. Much like Swansea.

Lol poor wum attempt. If Fab becomes available, 50/50 between us and arsenal as to who gets him imo.

Of course not, but you did say Moyes should get as much time as Sir Alex did to be successful.

I actually said, "We should be united behind Moyes for at least as many years as it took SAF to be successful."

A subtle difference. In other words, Moyes should be given this time to take us to another level, not just win a trophy. He needs time to create a legacy and anybody who doubts his abilities is seriously mistaken. Best British manager around by far and we all know the best football managers are Scottish. :nervous:

I actually said, "We should be united behind Moyes for at least as many years as it took SAF to be successful."

A subtle difference. In other words, Moyes should be given this time to take us to another level, not just win a trophy. He needs time to create a legacy and anybody who doubts his abilities is seriously mistaken. Best British manager around by far and we all know the best football managers are Scottish. :nervous:

Oh come on :wenger: The United that SAF came to is vastly different to the United Moyes has been gifted.

I'm unsure Fabregas would jump at the chance to return to Arsenal. Surely silverware plays a part...

Wenger could do himself no harm than shelling out £20-30 mil on Higuain before going for Fab, would show ambition. I would agree silverware plays a part which works in our favour but of course he has an emotional attachment to le Arse.

Oh come on :wenger: The situation that SAF came into is vastly different to the situation Moyes finds himself in.

Completely different, aye. Moyes has inherited the champions, and undisputed best team in England. It's not unfair to expect success from Moyes.

Wenger could do himself no harm than shelling out £20-30 mil on Higuain before going for Fab, would show ambition. I would agree silverware plays a part which works in our favour but of course he has an emotional attachment to le Arse.

Higher likelihood of success, more money, and the offer of a new challenge are all what we have over Arsenal in attracting Fabregas.

Merely evidence you haven't been watching much or haven't really paid attention. Fabregas has been played in a variety of positions. Once it was clear he was getting lost in midfield, Pep started moving him forward because he couldn't play from deep. Constantly dispossessed or missing the pass, a liability. The only why he played as much as he did was because he was able to score goals and could link up well with Leo. His best games for Barcelona are when he's been played as a forward or support striker.

He will never own the Guardiola position on the pitch - it was lost in London, poof

Fabregas' first ever Liga game iirc was at home to Villarreal. He played in an attacking midfield role swapping positions with Messi and he/it was brilliant, admittedly, but the fact is that isn't his natural position. So how could it have become evident to Pep after a run of games in midfield that it wouldn't work and that he would need to change things up when the first start Cesc had he was already getting played out of position...

Bollocks that he's "lost it" from CM. You just have an incredibly flawed system. If a midfielder of Fabregas' abilities is deemed too incompetent to play in it then I think it's obvious where the problem lies. I'd understand if Cesc was this deep-lying quarterback type player who just pings 50 yard passes all day but he isn't. He did it at Arsenal often because of the space afforded to them which Barcelona don't ever see in their matches but he also played a lot more intricate, eye of the needle stuff too. He's more than able to slot into that team and play at a high level. He's got a better final ball/killer pass than Xavi has.

Completely different, aye. Moyes has inherited the champions, and undisputed best team in England. It's not unfair to expect success from Moyes.
Moyes hasn't even won the Emirates cup, he's a no-mark to European players.

Bollocks that he's "lost it" from CM. You just have an incredibly flawed system. If a midfielder of Fabregas' abilities is deemed too incompetent to play in it then I think it's obvious where the problem lies. I'd understand if Cesc was this deep-lying quarterback type player who just pings 50 yard passes all day but he isn't. He did it at Arsenal often because of the space afforded to them which Barcelona don't ever see in their matches but he also played a lot more intricate, eye of the needle stuff too. He's more than able to slot into that team and play at a high level. He's got a better final ball/killer pass than Xavi has.
It's complete nonsense: Barca have built their team to accommodate Xavi, Iniesta and Messi if that means misusing talent like Ibra, Villa, Sanchez and Fabregas they obstinately don't seem to care.

Oh come on :wenger: The United that SAF came to is vastly different to the United Moyes has been gifted.

Jeez, you are missing the point. Kid Cunto has joined in too, but that doesn't surprise. Managers take time to shape "their" team. Moyes should be given that time. You cannot expect him to simply run with SAF's vision, can you? Personally, I want him to improve on it, but that will definitely take time and the road might be a bumpy one with Maureen back at Chelski and Waynetta wanting away.

I just don't see this happening and it makes me doubly surprised that Moyes has openly admitted that we are interested, it's only going to lead to disappointment when we don't get Fabregas and we end up with some last ditch CM buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.