Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sign Fellaini and get it over with, we all know it's going to happen. If this transfer doesn't come off I don't understand why we'd announce the bid, reveal Woodward is on his way home and then Moyes to talk about it in his latest presser, serious questions need to be asked about our pr team at the moment it's a fecking shambles.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, I'm not sifting through the train wreck that is this thread, but perhaps Woodward's "urgent transfer business" was trying to rescue the Cesc deal after learning of Tito's impending retirement.

Maybe the positive signals were coming from Tito originally and the little troll was teasing us knowing he was off...

I doubt Tito with his cancer returning, would have trolling Manchester United at the top of his list of priorities.

We should start to worry about getting Fabregas. The comments from the Barcelona hierarchy isn't exactly encouraging and that Villanova resign because of health issues doesn't help our case. Another thing that's worrying is that it took five days from our initial bid to Moyes commented on our interest. Why comment after five days and why tell the world that Woodward is on his way? I don't see how these moves benefits us.

If there is any chance for us to sign the player it will probably cost us premium. Once again I don't exactly understand our transfer strategy and our timing. Hopefully our guys knows more then we do otherwise this looks dodgy.
I wanna give you a benefit of the doubt, I really do. You sound calm and try to reason, rather than hurling abuse around. But all things considered, you're either a very smart troll or a hopeless moron who loves to sniff things out of nothing. I can't keep rebutting your ridiculous notions and defending our very move for nothing.

Just sign Fellaini and get it over with, we all know it's going to happen. If this transfer doesn't come off I don't understand why we'd announce the bid, reveal Woodward is on his way home and then Moyes to talk about it in his latest presser, serious questions need to be asked about our pr team at the moment it's a fecking shambles.

Apart from an overly physical presence in the box and around the pitch, I don't see Fellaini adding much improvement to this current Utd squad. You need a player like Cabaye, Cesc, Cazorla to orchestrate and control the tempo of your game.

You've repeatedly cited "Fabregas isn't pushing for a move" as a reason why you don't think the move will go ahead but then when it's pointed out that hardly ever are moves requested (at least publicly) before they happen you say 'I didn't say they were'

So what exactly is the point you're making then?
It's pretty hilarious how hard you're trying to push for an argument. I just had a whole 2 paragraphs written out but i can't be arsed to be honest pal. I'll leave you to misinterpret things on your own.

It's pretty hilarious how hard you're trying to push for an argument. I just had a whole 2 paragraphs written out but i can't be arsed to be honest pal. I'll leave you to misinterpret things on your own.

I'm not pushing hard for an argument at all. You've repeatedly cited Fabregas not pushing for a move as a reason why you don't think it'll happen. I was just pointing out that most of the times this doesn't happen, or at least we're never publicly aware of it. What have I said what' wrong there? You HAVE consistently said it likely won't happen because he's not pushing for it. That kind of is like suggesting not pushing for a transfer is usually an indication it isn't happening. But only by the small technicality of the words you've used, I guess.

You can't say something, deny you've said it and then claim someone is 'looking for an argument' for essentially repeating your own point back to you.

EIther you think not asking for a transfer is a factor or you don't. You can't say 'it is' and then say 'I never said it was'

I wanna give you a benefit of the doubt, I really do. You sound calm and try to reason, rather than hurling abuse around. But all things considered, you're either a very smart troll or a hopeless moron who loves to sniff things out of nothing. I can't keep rebutting your ridiculous notions and defending our very move for nothing.

It's OK to come with counter argument or just disagree. I think many of us are to emotional when we see opinions we don't like. But thanks for your concerns. I'm used to be wrong many times in my life ;-)

Don't see why tito's resignation would have any impact. At the Spanish clubs the presidents seem to have a huge say and if they feel they wAnt to recover some cash they've spent on purchases then it will happen.

Don't see why tito's resignation would have any impact. At the Spanish clubs the presidents seem to have a huge say and if they feel they wAnt to recover some cash they've spent on purchases then it will happen.

It would be very bad football business to sell a player without a new manager. At the end of the day it's a football club.

I'm not pushing hard for an argument at all. You've repeatedly cited Fabregas not pushing for a move as a reason why you don't think it'll happen. I was just pointing out that most of the times this doesn't happen, or at least we're never publicly aware of it. What have I said what' wrong there? You HAVE consistently said it likely won't happen because he's not pushing for it. That kind of is like suggesting not pushing for a transfer is usually an indication it isn't happening. But only by the small technicality of the words you've used, I guess.

You can't say something, deny you've said it and then claim someone is 'looking for an argument' for essentially repeating your own point back to you.

EIther you think not asking for a transfer is a factor or you don't. You can't say 'it is' and then say 'I never said it was'
If Barca want to sell, and Fabregas wants to come, we negotiate with Barca no matter what is said in public. Problem is that none of that looks like it's the truth, so Moyes saying anything in public makes no difference with regards to obtaining players.

And then there's this bit from where i was replying to 7even saying 'the wind doesn't appear to be blowing our way'.

Because Barca look like they don't want to sell and Fabregas isn't pushing for a move.

That's my response to why he doesn't feel the situation is swinging in our favour.

I just don't think they ever were and now maybe Fabregas, if he ever even was remotely interested in us, may feel this could be his chance to prove himself.

I've just scanned back through my posts in this thread because i hardly remember 'repeatedly' citing 'Fabregas not pushing for a move as a reason why you don't think it'll happen'. I can't find any where i've even remotely suggested it being even a main reason it won't happen.

Still, you need to look at the context in which my comment was made. At no point in the conversation you originally quoted me on did i ever state the reason i didn't think this would go through was because Fabregas wasn't pushing for it.

I've gone one better and put the entire thing in context:

7even: You just have the feeling that the wind isn't blowing our way.

Me: Because Barca look like they don't want to sell and Fabregas isn't pushing for a move.

You: A player not publicly pushing for a move is what happens nearly all the time.

Me: Never said it wasn't.

You: Then I don't get how that's a reason why we won't sign him.

Me: Never said that either.

You: You've repeatedly cited "Fabregas isn't pushing for a move" as a reason why you don't think the move will go ahead but then when it's pointed out that hardly ever are moves requested (at least publicly) before they happen you say 'I didn't say they were'

Your entire beef with me is based upon it as a reason for us not signing him.

When i was actually responding to 7'i love football from a PR perspective'even's view that the 'wind isn't blowing in our favour'. If 'wind isn't blowing in our favour' means 'WERE NOT GOING TO SIGN HIM ARE WE' then you're 100% right.

As it is, you've misinterpreted me to try and cause a fuss and just blatantly put words in my mouth by quoting me and then stating i said something which i didn't. In fact, if you search the forum for 'Fabregas pushing move' the only posts that i've written which come up are the ones i've already quoted. But i can see that you're currently 'searching' so you'll know that yourself.

Tito resigning complicates this transfer a lot, specially if they're getting a manager from outside.

Selling Thiago and Tito leaving were both out of their control really.

I agree with you, they'll be less likely to consider letting Fabregas go now. It's the same reason I know Moyes won't be letting Rooney go if he can possibly avoid it - because when a new man comes in, the best thing to do is steady the ship for a season.

I agree with you, they'll be less likely to consider letting Fabregas go now. It's the same reason I know Moyes won't be letting Rooney go if he can possibly avoid it - because when a new man comes in, the best thing to do is steady the ship for a season.

Not necessarily. Guardiola started his Barca tenure by getting rid of half of the squad, including Deco and Ronaldinho. It all depends on the situation.

Not necessarily. Guardiola started his Barca tenure by getting rid of half of the squad, including Deco and Ronaldinho. It all depends on the situation.
He got rid of ageing deadwood rather than multi-million pound stars who are in the prime of their careers.

If the club has already sounded the player out and he wants to come, and we've been negotiating with Barca, then this doesn't change a great deal. If anything, it just makes it more of a saga as United will have to step back a little. Annoyingly, I doubt we'll hear anything for at least a week now.

Guardiola was already at the club and knew a good few months in advance about his appointment. As such he had insight into the players and had time to plan for the job.

This is an unplanned appointment.

He got rid of ageing deadwood rather than multi-million pound stars who are in the prime of their careers.

Sorry, but Cesc is marginal when it comes to the first team. The only way he plays when everyone is fit is if he's out of position.

Really don't see how Tito's resignation makes our deal less likely. I hope they appoint the assistant, as I don't think that'll be attractive. Barca are in real flux.

He wasn't really a 'new man' in the way that Moyes is, though. But then I guess your point still stands, since if someone is promoted from within as per Barca's current model, they won't exactly be a 'new man' either.

Ronaldinho was a 28-year-old superstar when Guardiola took over in 2008, Ballon d'Or winner in 2006, he accomplished far more at Barcelona than Fábregas. In hindsight - looking at his time at Milan - it's easy to say he was past his best but even in his last Barcelona season when he was struggling with injuries he had 8 goals and 7 assists in 17 league games.

Don't forget that in Barcelona Fábregas is viewed as underperforming; his form since his transfer has been disappointing, at least relative to the expectations. I said many times I don't think we'll sign him but not because a new manager wants to "steady the ship" and thus keep him.

Ronaldinho was a 28-year-old superstar when Guardiola took over in 2008, Ballon d'Or winner in 2006, he accomplished far more at Barcelona than Fábregas. In hindsight - looking at his time at Milan - it's easy to say he was past his best but even in his last Barcelona season when he was struggling with injuries he had 8 goals and 7 assists in 17 league games.

Don't forget that in Barcelona Fábregas is viewed as underperforming; his form since his transfer has been disappointing, at least relative to the expectations. I said many times I don't think we'll sign him but not because a new manager wants to "steady the ship" and thus keep him.

Those injuries were the start of the downward spiral no? Him leaving was one of the best decisions of Guardiola's reign wasn't it? Age is arbitrary, he was deadwood to Barcelona to ensure the Guardiola plan went ahead.

The situations are vastly different. It'll be more interesting to see which direction they go with in regards to the new manager. Fabregas won't be coming now, i'm sure of that but I wonder if he'll remain as their utility man or if he'll get a chance to be the player he was at Arsenal.

So, the manager leaving makes the plot even more intriguing.

Have we been given massive encouragement from Barcelona and Fab to push through this deal, or have Moyes and Woodward got way too excited and made us look like utter mugs by going so bizarrely public?

Is it similar to last year where we had word from VP's camp that he really wanted to come? Or is this pure misunderstanding?

Wish I knew!

Apart from an overly physical presence in the box and around the pitch, I don't see Fellaini adding much improvement to this current Utd squad. You need a player like Cabaye, Cesc, Cazorla to orchestrate and control the tempo of your game.

Buy this man a beer!

We definitely need a crafty midfielder like Cesc, but I wouldn't object to bringing in Fellaini too so long as it's not an expensive buy. He brings in a bit of muscle in the box, which we're going to need from time to time especially late in games and we're looking for a match-winner off long balls.

Fabregas to serve as Master Po to Cleverley's Grasshopper and Fellaini to replace the woeful Ando. For good measure, Bale to replace Nani. That should do it. :)

I watch every Barcelona game and as such know that he's never been utilised properly. At Arsenal he was incredible and was so good Barca spent a lot of money to bring him back so they obviously recognised his abilities. In his first season I remember he was getting used as a striker at times. It's just ludicrous.

Play him as a centre mid. Not behind a striker, not on the wing, not as a striker. He's more than good enough for Barcelona. Any issue with Fabregas' performances to date aren't due to a lack of ability nor is the player himself fully responsible.

Merely evidence you haven't been watching much or haven't really paid attention. Fabregas has been played in a variety of positions. Once it was clear he was getting lost in midfield, Pep started moving him forward because he couldn't play from deep. Constantly dispossessed or missing the pass, a liability. The only why he played as much as he did was because he was able to score goals and could link up well with Leo. His best games for Barcelona are when he's been played as a forward or support striker.

He will never own the Guardiola position on the pitch - it was lost in London, poof

Merely evidence you haven't been watching much or haven't really paid attention. Fabregas has been played in a variety of positions. Once it was clear he was getting lost in midfield, Pep started moving him forward because he couldn't play from deep. Constantly dispossessed or missing the pass, a liability. The only why he played as much as he did was because he was able to score goals and could link up well with Leo. His best games for Barcelona are when he's been played as a forward or support striker.

He will never own the Guardiola position on the pitch - it was lost in London, poof

Kick homophobia out of football.

I don't think he could ever just lose that, it wasn't a fluke.
He maybe doesn't play in that position the way the system at Barcelona requires him to, but I think he could slot back into midfield for clubs not playing tiki-taka, and who don't value possession so much, quite easily. In the Messi, Xavi, Iniesta era, Barcelona's midfield was never going to be shaped to suit Cesc's best qualities, which is probably what he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.