Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth for?
This could now drag on and on without a certain conclusion before the window closes. We can't afford to lose out on deadline day and leave us no time pursuing other midfield targets.

I imagine he'd be painted as a bit of a cnut if he jumped ship right now.
So, who's next on Moyes' list?

This could now drag on and on without a certain conclusion before the window closes. We can't afford to lose out on deadline day and leave us no time pursuing other midfield targets.

I don't get why it would suddenly drag on.

Good luck to tito.

We should give up on this one, move onto other targets.

Based on what exactly? We've not the foggiest as to how close/far a deal is. Who knows, Woody might've traveled back to discuss personal terms with Fab since our bid was accepted. We just don't know.

We should start to worry about getting Fabregas. The comments from the Barcelona hierarchy isn't exactly encouraging and that Villanova resign because of health issues doesn't help our case. Another thing that's worrying is that it took five days from our initial bid to Moyes commented on our interest. Why comment after five days and why tell the world that Woodward is on his way? I don't see how these moves benefits us.

If there is any chance for us to sign the player it will probably cost us premium. Once again I don't exactly understand our transfer strategy and our timing. Hopefully our guys knows more then we do otherwise this looks dodgy.

Seriously? Do you expect transfers to be done in the click of a finger?

We should start to worry about getting Fabregas. The comments from the Barcelona hierarchy isn't exactly encouraging and that Villanova resign because of health issues doesn't help our case. Another thing that's worrying is that it took five days from our initial bid to Moyes commented on our interest. Why comment after five days and why tell the world that Woodward is on his way? I don't see how these moves benefits us.

If there is any chance for us to sign the player it will probably cost us premium. Once again I don't exactly understand our transfer strategy and our timing. Hopefully our guys knows more then we do otherwise this looks dodgy.
You really need to stop thinking about what is said, what isn't said, and the why's of these being said publicly. They make no difference to the actual dealing.

If Barca want to sell, and Fabregas wants to come, we negotiate with Barca no matter what is said in public. Problem is that none of that looks like it's the truth, so Moyes saying anything in public makes no difference with regards to obtaining players.

You're thinking is all geared up to what we look like in public. Barca's board don't give a shit about that and confirming it publicly/not saying anything makes no odds when a rival board member is sitting at a table with them to thrash out a deal.

I don't get why it would suddenly drag on.

"We'd like to announce our coach is resigning because of health issues. Drat. Oh, and we're also selling Cesc Fábregas, a week after selling Thiago. Hope you're all okay with it, bye".

Honestly, can't you see that Barca will probably focus all their energies on finding a new coach; they'll probably tell any interested parties to wait with transfer bids and the like. And Fábregas isn't desperate to leave, by all accounts.

In addition to the fact that they'd have to get a new manager in before they approve or even give that transfer a serious thought. The new manager may have Cesc in his plans so actually getting the player before Tito is replaced isn't quite logical.

I don't think there's any chance of us signing Fabregas. We are starting to make a lot of noise in the market without really accomplishing anything. I would say that the only world class midfielder currently attainable to us would be Luka Modric; and that's far from certain. I'm sure we'll pick up Fellaini at some point, which is ok. But we are a couple of world class players short of a CL winning side.

If we don't make the signings we want, they all the talk we've mustered up is going to look a little silly come september.

I don't think there's any chance of us signing Fabregas. We are starting to make a lot of noise in the market without really accomplishing anything. I would say that the only world class midfielder currently attainable to us would be Luka Modric; and that's far from certain. I'm sure we'll pick up Fellaini at some point, which is ok. But we are a couple of world class players short of a CL winning side.

If we don't make the signings we want, they all the talk we've mustered up is going to look a little silly come september.

It will all be forgotten in October when you're probably 6 points clear at the top anyway.

Are you being deliberately thick? Can you not understand that a new manager coming in could change a player's transfer status?
What if they continue to promote from within? Tito's deputy would probably hold similar views as him and be less evolutionary about squad changes, right?

"We'd like to announce our coach is resigning because of health issues. Drat. Oh, and we're also selling Cesc Fábregas, a week after selling Thiago. Hope you're all okay with it, bye".

Honestly, can't you see that Barca will probably focus all their energies on finding a new coach; they'll probably tell any interested parties to wait with transfer bids and the like. And Fábregas isn't desperate to leave, by all accounts.

No. Why would they need to spend 'all their energies' finding new coach? They're replacing a manager with a long term health problem not taking a year out to fight in the Spanish civil war. Why would they now be limited to just doing one thing?

It's business as usual. They'll still sign the players they targeted before this announcement. They're not going into a period of mourning and shutting themselves in the room playing Elaine Paige LPs loudly.

If Madrid went into paralysis each time they lost a manager they'd be in trouble.

You really need to stop thinking about what is said, what isn't said, and the why's of these being said publicly. They make no difference to the actual dealing.

If Barca want to sell, and Fabregas wants to come, we negotiate with Barca no matter what is said in public. Problem is that none of that looks like it's the truth, so Moyes saying anything in public makes no difference with regards to obtaining players.

You're thinking is all geared up to what we look like in public. Barca's board don't give a shit about that and confirming it publicly/not saying anything makes no odds when a rival board member is sitting at a table with them to thrash out a deal.
Off course you're right about we probably don't know all the ins and outs but my general feeling about all comments is that something isn't clicking. You just have the feeling that the wind isn't blowing our way.

Off course you're right about we probably don't know all the ins and outs but my general feeling about all comments is that something isn't clicking. You just have the feeling that the wind isn't blowing our way.

When it comes to central midfield, the wind is blowing up our fecking arse.

Because Barca look like they don't want to sell and Fabregas isn't pushing for a move.

Nothing to do with whether Moyes confirms a bid or not.

Because Barca look like they don't want to sell and Fabregas isn't pushing for a move.

A player not publicly pushing for a move is what happens nearly all the time.

Just watching the press conference now and he never actually mentioned fabregas by name, he only answered the question that the journalist asked him - the journo mentioned fabregas not moyes.

Both. Barcelona seems to have bigger problems then selling/keeping Fabregas at the moment. If they do I will be surprised. Regarding Moyes comments I don't know what to to with it. It makes no sense and the timing wasn't the best, deliberty or not.

I don't know but please help me. What do you get out of this? Positive or negative vibes?

It's a shame, him and fellaini/barry/some big fecker would have been a breathtaking sight to behold. Hopefully we have identified a back up plan.

Just watching the press conference now and he never actually mentioned fabregas by name, he only answered the question that the journalist asked him - the journo mentioned fabregas not moyes.

Who never actually mentioned Fabregas by name and what was the question?

I don't know but please help me. What do you get out of this? Positive or negative vibes?
Well i see Moyes confirming it as nothing more than him confirming it. I get negative vibes from the whole thing because of other reasons. Mainly that i just don't think this transfer will happen.

I won't spoil the surprise then.
The fact that Moyes has attempted to sign Thiago and Fabregas tells me he's aware of the quality we need in midfield. I shall keep my hopes up that he won't drop those standards.

I've watched it. He definitely answers the Fabregas question though, confirming the bid and suggesting we should have more news in it in the next 24hrs.

I think a midfield of Carrick, Cabaye and Kagawa is top quality and truly balanced for Utd. A couple consistent wingers with that and RVP and you're more or less set.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, I'm not sifting through the train wreck that is this thread, but perhaps Woodward's "urgent transfer business" was trying to rescue the Cesc deal after learning of Tito's impending retirement.

Maybe the positive signals were coming from Tito originally and the little troll was teasing us knowing he was off...

Never said that either.

You've repeatedly cited "Fabregas isn't pushing for a move" as a reason why you don't think the move will go ahead but then when it's pointed out that hardly ever are moves requested (at least publicly) before they happen you say 'I didn't say they were'

So what exactly is the point you're making then?

Thiago thread
Pep is smart who let the world know he wants Thiago. Now he put pressure on the player and make his decision even more difficult. I don't think this is a done deal yet, far from it. We will see twist and turns until the last minute, just wait for Barcelonas response to this.

Thiago thread

Why do you think Pep, Barca and Madrid to mention a few go public about there interest. Because it achieves nothing?

Retard

Status
Not open for further replies.