Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoken like someone who simply doesn't watch him play much for Barcelona, you're not alone

I watch every Barcelona game and as such know that he's never been utilised properly. At Arsenal he was incredible and was so good Barca spent a lot of money to bring him back so they obviously recognised his abilities. In his first season I remember he was getting used as a striker at times. It's just ludicrous.

Play him as a centre mid. Not behind a striker, not on the wing, not as a striker. He's more than good enough for Barcelona. Any issue with Fabregas' performances to date aren't due to a lack of ability nor is the player himself fully responsible.

I'm surprised its not been posted in here, but a guy on skysports news was just saying that Barcelona have come out and said that They can ensure their fans that Fabregas is not for sale.

Don't the board control transfers at Barca? This may not affect a potential transfer

Not a chance this will happen for now, if at all.

So disappointing missing out on all these players.

Why don't we have the pulling power we once had? Bloody frustrating!

I'm surprised its not been posted in here, but a guy on skysports news was just saying that Barcelona have come out and said that They can ensure their fans that Fabregas is not for sale.

It's been posted on numerous occasions and been discussed to death.

I watch every Barcelona game and as such know that he's never been utilised properly. At Arsenal he was incredible and was so good Barca spent a lot of money to bring him back so they obviously recognised his abilities. In his first season I remember he was getting used as a striker at times. It's just ludicrous.

Play him as a centre mid. Not behind a striker, not on the wing, not as a striker. He's more than good enough for Barcelona. Any issue with Fabregas' performances to date aren't due to a lack of ability nor is the player himself fully responsible.

Bang on, PM. I've been saying the same myself for a while now. This notion of Fabregas not being good enough for Barcelona is laughable.

Not good news for Tito and his family. I haven't tracked his staging/treatment but this us a second recurrence I think. Sounds aggressive to me :(

Puts muppetry in perspective.

Here's what he said:

The Vice President has been quoted as saying: "Barca can ensure they will not entertain any offers for Cesc, he is completely non transferable.

Can imagine they will also confirm that Cesc will be staying today. Really think Moyes should have not said anything about Fabregas today

Are we now blaming United for giving Tito cancer and thus affecting the deal. Madness.

Cant see why not, its still a well oiled machine isnt it and definitely still more stable than RM at the minute. I would imagine someone who knows the club though wouldnt you?

An 'Avram Grant knows the club well' type Makes perfect sense to me, if only for 6-12 months. They should not make a panic decision.

Bang on, PM. I've been saying the same myself for a while now. This notion of Fabregas not being good enough for Barcelona is laughable.

Thiago also received some criticism for his adventurous nature, that it means he loses the ball more often than he should.

Basically, Barcelona want the exact clone of Xavi to play next to Iniesta when Xavi isn't available. Not gonna happen but if they don't change their expectations then one day a club will reap the benefits by snatching Fabregas. It won't happen this summer though.

Here's what he said:

The Vice President has been quoted as saying: "Barca can ensure they will not entertain any offers for Cesc, he is completely non transferable.

Old news. We concluded that Woodward isn't going to let a little thing like that stop him.

It seems at times like everyone in the world except Barca fans knows this. FCBarca still horribly underrates Fabregas despite the fact that he must have seen plenty of him at Arsenal, when he was used properly, and people used to discuss without being laughed at whether he might not be just as good as Xavi and Iniesta.

I think it grossly exaggerates the influence of continental managers to assume Tito would have had much of a say in it anyway

Would Barca lose Thiago, Cesc, and their manager all in one week. Seems highly unlikely now.
I don't think Tito leaving for health reasons would change Barca's stance. If they were willing to sell they're probably still willing to sell.

I just don't think they ever were and now maybe Fabregas, if he ever even was remotely interested in us, may feel this could be his chance to prove himself.

I think it grossly exaggerates the influence of continental managers to assume Tito would have had much of a say in it anyway

Cesc might not be as keen to move now. His dream is to play at Barca and he will prob wait to see if the new coach gives him a more important role.

I think this deal is dead now. Atleast for a few weeks.

The market and transfer business has changed drastically where top players don't see England as the place to move. When you can move to Paris, Monaco or Munich, live better and probably keep most of your wages cause of taxes then it's a no brainer for them. I don't see it as a diminishing of Utd's pulling power; I just see it as a shift towards other leagues, better living and wages. Most of these players really don't give a shit about the Premier League being the best marketed or whatever. They'd prefer to go elsewhere and live better while playing football for another good club.

Cesc might not be as keen to move now. His dream is to play at Barca and he will prob wait to see if the new coach gives him a more important role.

If that's the case then it's completely dead, we can't really afford to wait a few weeks on the uncertain basis that Fabregas might want to leave if the new coach is not to his liking.

But they said he's not transferable anyway so that should be it. I really, really, really hope that we have some good, realistic targets in mind.

Deep in his gut, I think if he moves from Barcelona back to the Premier League now, he may think people would see him as a failure. And seeing as Xavi is already 33, he's probably seeing a light at the end of the tunnel where his preferred playing position is concerned.

Fabregas is an awesome player but you can see where FCBarca is coming from having being used to the brilliance of Xavi for a few years. It's not ideal that Fabregas gives the ball away more carelessly, and the defence being quite often unorganised without Puyol makes matters worse.

Standards will inevitably slip after Xavi and his boots are nigh on impossible to fill, but Cesc isn't half a decent option to have a go. Maybe Barcelona will move away from the way they play now to a very slightly more direct approach. If you haven't got Xavi's coming through the youth system at the moment it would be stupid to pretend they have.

If that's the case then it's completely dead, we can't really afford to wait a few weeks on the uncertain basis that Fabregas might want to leave if the new coach is not to his liking.

But they said he's not transferable anyway so that should be it. I really, really, really hope that we have some good, realistic targets in mind.

I don't really understand why people insist on repeating this as a firm no in relation to Fab and when we say no about Rooney it's a stalling tactic to get more $$.

The market and transfer business has changed drastically where top players don't see England as the place to move. When you can move to Paris, Monaco or Munich, live better and probably keep most of your wages cause of taxes then it's a no brainer for them. I don't see it as a diminishing of Utd's pulling power; I just see it as a shift towards other leagues, better living and wages.

Righto!

Good luck to tito.

We should give up on this one, move onto other targets.

We should start to worry about getting Fabregas. The comments from the Barcelona hierarchy isn't exactly encouraging and that Villanova resign because of health issues doesn't help our case. Another thing that's worrying is that it took five days from our initial bid to Moyes commented on our interest. Why comment after five days and why tell the world that Woodward is on his way? I don't see how these moves benefits us.

If there is any chance for us to sign the player it will probably cost us premium. Once again I don't exactly understand our transfer strategy and our timing. Hopefully our guys knows more then we do otherwise this looks dodgy.

Why have people given up on this? If anything a new manager coming in might have his own list of targets/preferences that would need to be funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.