Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he felt that strongly about Arsenal why did he leave to Barca?

That's a question you'd have to ask Cesc cause I'm not going to sit here and speculate about stuff I don't know about. He said he wanted to go back home and along with his childhood friends who were more than likely influencing him to return home and to the best team on the planet, it may have been a no brainer after 8 years at Arsenal. That's probably 40% of the story however.

Moyes openly claimed Woozza going back was to do with working on the Fabregas deal. Surely Eddy rushed back because of somewhat of a breakthrough in this deal... Surely...

Perhaps he left his lucky pen in the office and didn't feel comfortable sending the next bid in without it.

Not sure of the percentage of on, but Moyes has said that's the reason Woody flew back so early and he'd working on it. There's still a lot of obstacles and I'd say there's a greater chance of it not happening but United are no fools and don't go to these lengths in public without some indication.

Why did he even say that in the first place? It's not like you're trying to pry an average player from an average team. Wouldn't it have been easier (for PR purposes) to keep this one close to his chest?

He's stitched poor old Woody up. If this doesn't come off he's going to look like a useless buffoon who traveled half way across the world to get rejected. Everyone was concerned about how Moyes would settle in, but Woody has been thrown right into the deep end here!

"Hello sir. I see you're admiring the new Mazerati Thiago!"
"How much is it?"
"A very reasonable price, and for that reason, it has already been reserved. Could I interest you in Ferrari Fabregas? It has a few more miles on the clock, but you can be assured that any faults have been iron out, and it is proven on British roads."
"I'll give you £xxx!"
"I think you'll have to do better than that sir!"
"An extra tenner?!
"This is a premium machine, sir. It even has race-history. The price is already very reasonable."
"No, I can't push to that, but I really want it! Would you part exchange for an Aston Rooney?"
"The one you have here? I don't know. The suspension is a bit floppy and it seems to be misfiring.
It's well known that the ECU on these are always giving problems. I can't do a deal involving that!"
"Have you anything else?"
"If you follow me round the back. Ta-Da! How about a Volvo Fellaini? Solid. Will withstand heavy collisions. Reliable, but it won't attract the ladies so well."
"I've had one of those, and I liked it. The kids wanted something with a bit more 'Va-va-voom', to impress their friends."
"The Henry is no longer available, I'm afraid."
"Anything else that might interest me?"
"Not really. You must be prepared to pay for the standard of motoring that you seem to be after."
"Sod it then. I'll put the Aston Rooney on Ebay, and keep driving the Anderson Romeo."
"They're no too reliable though are they? I wouldn't plan any trips to the continent!"
"Bye then!"
"Bye sir. see you next year."

"Oh. I have a Cleverley at home."
"Not interested."
"Neither are the kids. They need something with a brand name, and it's only a self-build."

:lol::cool:

Bravo man, thats flamin brilliant...

It seems strange that someone had to fly back to simply work on the deal. Most of these deals are usually done by phone, fax and email, no matter how big they are.

Why did he even say that in the first place? It's not like you're trying to pry an average player from an average team. Wouldn't it have been easier (for PR purposes) to keep this one close to his chest?

He was asked about out transfer bid for Fabregas which has already been confirmed. All he said was that he didn't know the exact stance of the bid because the chairman was working on it. Who else was going to be working on it? Fred The Red? It was already out in the open and he confirmed what we already knew.

It seems strange that someone had to fly back to simply work on the deal. Most of these deals are usually done by phone, fax and email, no matter how big they are.

Privy to the inner working of many high profile transfer deals are you?

He's stitched poor old Woody up. If this doesn't come off he's going to look like a useless buffoon who traveled half way across the world to get rejected. Everyone was concerned about how Moyes would settle in, but Woody has been thrown right into the deep end here!

I woodnt worry, Woody will root out the delay after he branches out a little.. He told Moyesy to leaf him be & thats fir enough :cool:

Messing? You've gone full retard in this thread, spamming like crazy and even responding to the same post twice.

Lay off the sugar.

He was asked about out transfer bid for Fabregas which has already been confirmed. All he said was that he didn't know the exact stance of the bid because the chairman was working on it. Who else was going to be working on it? Fred The Red? It was already out in the open and he confirmed what we already knew.

Privy to the inner working of many high profile transfer deals are you?

Not really but I've been told by one professional player (from Stoke) that that's how most of the transfers occur. He said that most personal terms are agreed on by phone via agent

This again? Where do you all come up with this psycho-analysis stuff of "mentality"?
You'll get used to it. On here teams don't lose games because they were outplayed - they 'bottle it'. They don't fail to win the league because they lack quality or squad depth - they 'haven't got the mental (god-give-me) strength'.

For years Arsenal's players bottled the title race/cup competitions when they were easily good enough football-wise to win. They cracked too many times under the pressure for it to be coincidence.

Ok that might not amount to the mentality at the club as a whole, but when i see players like Rosicky in your squad it makes me wonder how up for the fight they are once the going gets tough.

:lol:

They've never bid as much as 30 million for a player before. That alone may give an indication that they now have some money to spend to bring in a couple quality players. They weren't exactly bidding for players of Suarez nor Higuain's quality over the past two-three years. That's why I said along with him and some new quality players, they can make a genuine run for the league title.

Again they've never really bid 30m this season aswell. Each season Wenger and their CEO shout from the rooftops about the supposed budget they've, each time they look like fecking liars. I'm not sure what has changed this season.

Higuain and Jovetic were both supposed to be done deals for Arsenal, both are going looking a bit tetchy.

Are you an Arsenal fan btw, you have spent 90% of your time on Caf defending Arsenal.

I know Hunter is dodgy at best, but thought i'd throw this out there.

FFS, just realised the date. If it's a double post, soz, but he's reiterated this morning that 'nothing points to it being done'.

Barcelona have said he's not for sale

We said Rooney's not for sale, Liverpool said Suarez is not for sale. Do you think all three clubs are being completely honest?

Not really but I've been told by one professional player (from Stoke) that that's how most of the transfers occur. He said that most personal terms are agreed on by phone via agent

Stoke player vs one of the top 5-6 midfielders in the world who will need convincing that this is the right move for the prime of his career.

Messing? You've gone full retard in this thread, spamming like crazy and even responding to the same post twice.

Lay off the sugar.

I suggested he go for a nap on the previous page.

Again they've never really bid 30m this season aswell. Each season Wenger and their CEO shout from the rooftops about the supposed budget they've, each time they look like fecking liars. I'm not sure what has changed this season.

Higuain and Jovetic were both supposed to be done deals for Arsenal, both are going looking a bit tetchy.

Are you an Arsenal fan btw, you have spent 90% of your time on Caf defending Arsenal.

Not really. I support Roma 100%. My wife is an Arsenal supporter so I tend to have a bit of a 'soft spot' for them. Look at their games a lot with her.

Not really. I support Roma 100%. My wife is an Arsenal supporter so I tend to have a bit of a 'soft spot' for them. Look at their games a lot with her.

Ah ok nice. They've done decent business so far.

You'll get used to it. On here teams don't lose games because they were outplayed - they 'bottle it'. They don't fail to win the league because they lack quality or squad depth - they 'haven't got the mental (god-give-me) strength'.
Arsenal were rarely outplayed. They regularly commanded 60%+ of the ball yet after a strong first half to the season they regularly fell away and came up short. If dominating possession and getting beat by teams who were supremely inferior just at the time you should be kicking on every season isn't a lack of winning mentality then what is it?

I know it's hard to put a finger on the exact problem but they bottled it regularly.

Arsenal were rarely outplayed. They regularly commanded 60%+ of the ball yet after a strong first half to the season they regularly fell away and came up short. If dominating possession and getting beat by teams who were supremely inferior just at the time you should be kicking on every season isn't a lack of winning mentality then what is it?

I know it's hard to put a finger on the exact problem but they bottled it regularly.

For one, possession does not equal goals. For two, sometimes the better team doesn't win. For three, didn't we take 42 of 48 points to finish last season while fighting with Spurs for a CL place?

I know Hunter is dodgy at best, but thought i'd throw this out there.

FFS, just realised the date. If it's a double post, soz, but he's reiterated this morning that 'nothing points to it being done'.

Hunter is a clown that blows with the balance of probabilities dependent on the latest tweets.

He lost all his credibility on the Thiago nonsense.

"Hello sir. I see you're admiring the new Mazerati Thiago!"
"How much is it?"
"A very reasonable price, and for that reason, it has already been reserved. Could I interest you in Ferrari Fabregas? It has a few more miles on the clock, but you can be assured that any faults have been iron out, and it is proven on British roads."
"I'll give you £xxx!"
"I think you'll have to do better than that sir!"
"An extra tenner?!
"This is a premium machine, sir. It even has race-history. The price is already very reasonable."
"No, I can't push to that, but I really want it! Would you part exchange for an Aston Rooney?"
"The one you have here? I don't know. The suspension is a bit floppy and it seems to be misfiring.
It's well known that the ECU on these are always giving problems. I can't do a deal involving that!"
"Have you anything else?"
"If you follow me round the back. Ta-Da! How about a Volvo Fellaini? Solid. Will withstand heavy collisions. Reliable, but it won't attract the ladies so well."
"I've had one of those, and I liked it. The kids wanted something with a bit more 'Va-va-voom', to impress their friends."
"The Henry is no longer available, I'm afraid."
"Anything else that might interest me?"
"Not really. You must be prepared to pay for the standard of motoring that you seem to be after."
"Sod it then. I'll put the Aston Rooney on Ebay, and keep driving the Anderson Romeo."
"They're no too reliable though are they? I wouldn't plan any trips to the continent!"
"Bye then!"
"Bye sir. see you next year."

"Oh. I have a Cleverley at home."
"Not interested."
"Neither are the kids. They need something with a brand name, and it's only a self-build."

:lol: brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.