Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hello sir. I see you're admiring the new Mazerati Thiago!"
"How much is it?"
"A very reasonable price, and for that reason, it has already been reserved. Could I interest you in Ferrari Fabregas? It has a few more miles on the clock, but you can be assured that any faults have been iron out, and it is proven on British roads."
"I'll give you £xxx!"
"I think you'll have to do better than that sir!"
"An extra tenner?!
"This is a premium machine, sir. It even has race-history. The price is already very reasonable."
"No, I can't push to that, but I really want it! Would you part exchange for an Aston Rooney?"
"The one you have here? I don't know. The suspension is a bit floppy and it seems to be misfiring.
It's well known that the ECU on these are always giving problems. I can't do a deal involving that!"
"Have you anything else?"
"If you follow me round the back. Ta-Da! How about a Volvo Fellaini? Solid. Will withstand heavy collisions. Reliable, but it won't attract the ladies so well."
"I've had one of those, and I liked it. The kids wanted something with a bit more 'Va-va-voom', to impress their friends."
"The Henry is no longer available, I'm afraid."
"Anything else that might interest me?"
"Not really. You must be prepared to pay for the standard of motoring that you seem to be after."
"Sod it then. I'll put the Aston Rooney on Ebay, and keep driving the Anderson Romeo."
"They're no too reliable though are they? I wouldn't plan any trips to the continent!"
"Bye then!"
"Bye sir. see you next year."

"Oh. I have a Cleverley at home."
"Not interested."
"Neither are the kids. They need something with a brand name, and it's only a self-build."

That's an excellent analogy! :lol: Absolutely love it! :lol:

But it's changed a lot since he left and I doubt he want to fight for 4th or 5th place. He also had a great understanding with RVP which could be a plus for us too

Wenger can also convince him to return and along with a couple more signings, try to win the league. Nothing is wrong with that route.

Is this man Nurse retarded or something?

Who are the club officials then, if not the people who write the club statements?

He seems to think FC Barca is a separate sentient being. Maybe FC Barca is on its hols atm & can't comment?
Why do people keep paying attention on him? He's Howard Nurse, if his name was Howard Jorno then maybe we should take notice.

So you're saying that a player like Fabregas back into the current Arsenal team, along with maybe a striker or two would still have a slim chance of even winning the league, much less challenging for it?

Arsenal have been in this situation for the last two-three years.

Wenger can also convince him to return and along with a couple more signings, try to win the league. Nothing is wrong with that route.
Arsenal have claimed they're not close to signing anyone and they're competing at the same level they were when Cesc left because of the improved quality of the league (5 teams finishing 70+ points last year).

As much as he loves Arsenal, would going away to persue a dream, only to not realise it and move back to a club who are still in the same position not feel like a backwards step?

Wow. Just read Moyes's comments. Nothing new but what happened to the I dont talk about players thing? :lol:

Good stuff though, I personally dont think talking/not talking about players makes much of a difference.

I think he meant he wouldn't talk about players we're rumoured to be interested in rather than players we've made a bid for.

So you're saying that a player like Fabregas back into the current Arsenal team, along with maybe a striker or two would still have a slim chance of even winning the league, much less challenging for it?
Yes. Arsenal is still not strong enough to challenge for the title, with or without one particular player. Just look at the top 3 teams - it will be very hard if not impossible to get past them

Nobody doubts the quality Arsenal possess - they're not exactly a shit team. For me they lack what it takes to be Champions over a the long run - the marathon of a season. I don't think Arsenal could compete over the whole course of the season without a big change of mentality at the club. Wenger's favourite line for like 4 seasons was 'mental strength' yet he always brought it out when they were bottling it.

Arsenal have been in this situation for the last two-three years.

They've never bid as much as 30 million for a player before. That alone may give an indication that they now have some money to spend to bring in a couple quality players. They weren't exactly bidding for players of Suarez nor Higuain's quality over the past two-three years. That's why I said along with him and some new quality players, they can make a genuine run for the league title.

Nobody doubts the quality Arsenal possess - they're not exactly a shit team. For me they lack what it takes to be Champions over a the long run - the marathon of a season. I don't think Arsenal could compete over the whole course of the season without a big change of mentality at the club. Wenger's favourite line for like 4 seasons was 'mental strength' yet he always brought it out when they were bottling it.

This again? Where do you all come up with this psycho-analysis stuff of "mentality"?

He is going anywhere this season, he may come back to Arsenal at some point.

Well with Neymar in his playing team is once again questionable. Lets be honest if he wants to leave Arsenal wont be matching his ambitions.

I do feel a bit sorry for Arsenal fans who are convinced Fabregas only has eyes for them. Sure they have a great chance of signing him if he becomes available but so would we.

This again? Where do you all come up with this psycho-analysis stuff of "mentality"?
For years Arsenal's players bottled the title race/cup competitions when they were easily good enough football-wise to win. They cracked too many times under the pressure for it to be coincidence.

Ok that might not amount to the mentality at the club as a whole, but when i see players like Rosicky in your squad it makes me wonder how up for the fight they are once the going gets tough.

I do feel a bit sorry for Arsenal fans who are convinced Fabregas only has eyes for them. Sure they have a great chance of signing him if he becomes available but so would we.

Surely we'd have more of a chance in signing him. Fans delude themselves with this his heart lies with our club thing, he left Arsenal to pursue success with his boyhood club.

Like us about Ronaldo?

He's surely not going back to Arsenal this year. He will either move to us or will stay at Barcelona for at least one more year, with the latter seeming more probable.

There's only two scenarios in which I see him returning to Arsenal. One, very unlikely, Arsenal become a title challenging team. Or he's coming to the end of his career, he's a crock, and Arsenal are the only offer on the table for him.

Pete seems to have come to the conclusion that United have lost their minds. That can be the only conclusion if he thinks Fabregas has not expressed some interest in us.

As far as i see it, Fabregas has two choices if he wants to have an illustrious career.

He sticks it at Barca, knowing the fans don't really want him (i believe 51% voted they'd rather he left) hoping one day he can be an instant starter. Guaranteed trophies.

He moves to us/City/Chelsea, and knows he will be an instant starter challenging every year.

Or, he can move back to Arsenal, struggle to maintain a season-long title challenge, playing with inferior players and scrapping for 3rd/4th every year. He loves them, but a career is a career.

Moyes openly claimed Woozza going back was to do with working on the Fabregas deal. Surely Eddy rushed back because of somewhat of a breakthrough in this deal... Surely...

For years Arsenal's players bottled the title race/cup competitions when they were easily good enough football-wise to win. They cracked too many times under the pressure for it to be coincidence.

Ok that might not amount to the mentality at the club as a whole, but when i see players like Rosicky in your squad it makes me wonder how up for the fight they are once the going gets tough.

That's not a sign of a 'mentality' and it's a piss poor analogy to attribute on an entire football team. Just doesn't make sense to me. The same RVP in the Utd squad was a part of that team...was he also a 'bottler' or possessed a bottling mentality just cause he was a part of that team? I'm assuming he simply shook it off at the Old Trafford entrance did he?

Has he though? I've failed to keep up with all this.

How on is it?

Not sure of the percentage of on, but Moyes has said that's the reason Woody flew back so early and he'd working on it. There's still a lot of obstacles and I'd say there's a greater chance of it not happening but United are no fools and don't go to these lengths in public without some indication.

I had a browse on our website, to see, out of curiosity, if they'd put up the Barca comment about Cesc not for sale & i couldnt find it. That was until i scrolled about half-way down the page & there it was - in the newspaper Gossip section:D http://www.manutd.com/en.aspx

Hilarious, that they just pass it off as "a bit of aul newspaper jibba-jabba" to keep it out of the way from the only news in town, at the top of the page as the main story - "United in negotiations to sign Fabregas.."

Good work web-people!

That's not a sign of a 'mentality' and it's a piss poor analogy to attribute on an entire football team. Just doesn't make sense to me. The same RVP in the Utd squad was a part of that team...was he also a 'bottler' or possessed a bottling mentality just cause he was a part of that team? I'm assuming he simply shook it off at the Old Trafford entrance did he?

Strength in depth was their problem as well as a leaky back door.

As far as i see it, Fabregas has two choices if he wants to have an illustrious career.

He sticks it at Barca, knowing the fans don't really want him (i believe 51% voted they'd rather he left) hoping one day he can be an instant starter. Guaranteed trophies.

He moves to us/City/Chelsea, and knows he will be an instant starter challenging every year.

Or, he can move back to Arsenal, struggle to maintain a season-long title challenge, playing with inferior players and scrapping for 3rd/4th every year. He loves them, but a career is a career.

At the end of the day, not all players are created equal. A player (like Alan Shearer for example) can choose to play for a club they genuinely love and stil feel satisfied about their career at the end of the day...even without a closet filled with medals.

At the end of the day, not all players are created equal. A player (like Alan Shearer for example) can choose to play for a club they genuinely love and stil feel satisfied about their career at the end of the day...even without a closet filled with medals.

If he felt that strongly about Arsenal why did he leave to Barca?

Well how do you explain consistently having a title challenge die against inferior teams that they should have been spanking while they had the momentum?

Arsenal, as a squad, never had what it took to win. Not because they weren't good enough, but because they just never had what it took to push on for the final hurdle. Could describe that as being mentally tired perhaps? The pressure got to them that maybe not all were playing their A-game after Christmas? Whatever your opinion, I'm fine with calling it 'mentality', and they never had that winning mentality over the course of a whole season.

Us on the other hand, and Chelsea, and City last year, ground out results when playing shite, doing whatever it took to get over that finishing line.

Your RVP analogy isn't even worth discussing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.